ODFL | Icon

Are we that desperate for freight again? These are the worst piles of junk to deliver. Most of the customers are fat lazy pos who'll never use them and have us pick them up again within a month.

Love arguing with the pieces of garbage about why I won't take them in. It's like OD tries to kill you each day with the crap business we've been picking up.

Tell me again why linehaul should avg around 35 an hour while we have to lump this garbage freight around and drive 48/53' trailers into tiny residentials because the p&d manager will just laugh at you when you tell him there's an issue?

Hello return slip, screw the daily number quotas with this driver abusing carrier.

Are we that desperate for freight again? These are the worst piles of junk to deliver. Most of the customers are fat lazy pos who'll never use them and have us pick them up again within a month.

Love arguing with the pieces of garbage about why I won't take them in. It's like OD tries to kill you each day with the crap business we've been picking up.

Tell me again why linehaul should avg around 35 an hour while we have to lump this garbage freight around and drive 48/53' trailers into tiny residentials because the p&d manager will just laugh at you when you tell him there's an issue?

Hello return slip, screw the daily number quotas with this driver abusing carrier.
If You work out of a terminal that is in a "flat state" not so bad. But if your mountain state, everyone lives up hill or the driveway is gravel, or both..
THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER !!!
we had to video or take pictures, because we couldn't access the homes. ( no straight trucks). When we saw they got rid of them, we had a PARTY!!! GUESS WHAT, LIKE THE FLU.. they're BACK....

If You work out of a terminal that is in a "flat state" not so bad. But if your mountain state, everyone lives up hill or the driveway is gravel, or both..
THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER !!!
we had to video or take pictures, because we couldn't access the homes. ( no straight trucks). When we saw they got rid of them, we had a PARTY!!! GUESS WHAT, LIKE THE FLU.. they're BACK....

I'm in the PNW so everything is hills, gravel, low wires and looks like bearded families interlope with one another in the mountains.

Nothing like those extra heavy ones that come on the long pallet that your pj can't even get off the ground. Idkw but our sales person was excited we picked up this business, would love to see his can't get freight arse delivering these.

I'm in the PNW so everything is hills, gravel, low wires and looks like bearded families interlope with one another in the mountains.

Nothing like those extra heavy ones that come on the long pallet that your pj can't even get off the ground. Idkw but our sales person was excited we picked up this business, would love to see his can't get freight arse delivering these.

They bounce around the carriers because no one wants it. We got it back from UPS

These aren't the 250 lb glass backboard basketball goals with the 200 lb box of tubing are they? I had a bunch of them when I was in the city. Pain in the ass.
Sounds like you run out of Indy. Garret Sports up in Noblesville. Use to swap trailers @ their warehouse, which was the old McFarlin or McMahon foods location. Just off 146th & SR 37. Like you said, a pain in the but, hard to do any other pick ups with that kind od freight, & on occasion I had to help unload @ the dock. We usually had 3 guys to handle it. Like Carrier furnaces, high dollar claims if you broke the glass on the backboard.

These aren't the 250 lb glass backboard basketball goals with the 200 lb box of tubing are they? I had a bunch of them when I was in the city. Pain in the ass.

Ugh those are crap freight also. Always look like crap the way they're packaged.

Icon are all the treadmills people order online from Costco.

We pick up full trailers of them, but all the deliveries are high risk and high cost -- as these guys have said -- going off the "beaten path" and into residential areas.
Maybe now that they've made the rounds in the freight industry we can make money on it now !! It would sure be nice to have the right equipment to handle it though .......... like an appliance clamp . As far as work comp claims we have a company that investigates those now . They just reject them . Welcome to the family .................

And if LH was making $24/hour, would it make you feel better about making $25/hour while dragging that treadmill up someone's driveway?

What Linehaul gets paid has nothing to do with how you do your job. If you approach your day with a smile and some more optimism, you may find yourself enjoying life more. If you talk offline the same way you do here, you're going to just make things harder for yourself. No one wants to go the extra mile to help someone with an attitude.

Can't remember where Icon is at.But,was always told here that the reason OD did them was because of the one term that handled that account.That was the only thing that kept them floating. Also,the basketball goal's are shipped out of OD's Warehouse in Thomasville if they are the ones that are shipped on the long skd's with 3 ctn's.Can't think of the customer.

Can't remember where Icon is at.But,was always told here that the reason OD did them was because of the one term that handled that account.That was the only thing that kept them floating. Also,the basketball goal's are shipped out of OD's Warehouse in Thomasville if they are the ones that are shipped on the long skd's with 3 ctn's.Can't think of the customer.

Remember delivering at least 2 every week in the summertime. I think it was ProDunk or something like that.

I had to take a double take to insure that I wasn't in the ABF forum. This garbage freight that the companies seem to be drooling over is going to kill, kill, kill us P&D guys. This garbage is somewhat new, relatively speaking, and us elderlies walk crooked enough so as it is. Just wait 'til we all see what 10 years of that garbage does to us.

I had to take a double take to insure that I wasn't in the ABF forum. This garbage freight that the companies seem to be drooling over is going to kill, kill, kill us P&D guys. This garbage is somewhat new, relatively speaking, and us elderlies walk crooked enough so as it is. Just wait 'til we all see what 10 years of that garbage does to us.

No matter who you work for this crap freight will mess a guy up and employers do not care. Not to mention the arguing with the idiots that order this stuff about why we won't bring it inside.

But yet lh drivers just say go to work with a smile or this is still good business. Easy to say when you just hold a wheel between two lines all night! Come work like a man for a day.