ODFL | Icon

I'm bad guy for disagreeing, but me and FG know how most drivers see things and get confused so easily to start spreading rumors. One thing about OD, if a line driver even thinks something without doing full on research they'll be outside with their peers waiting for bills for the night telling people how they think it is.

It's not XM, it's not FM radios or coffee. It's rumors to one another that keep line drivers awake all night. Because let's face it, there's not much else you do all night than keep it between the lines.

Just like on trucking boards, if a line driver gets corrected by management here they'll be outside loud mouthing what an idiot they are and how they're right. I've got these princesses of trucking figured out and they've brought their attitude on truckingboards also.

It's like the youth these days, can't tell them they're in the wrong or their feelers might get hurt. I remember when truck drivers use to be tough, you can find a few but they'll be too busy working hard in the city.
My god Billy..All he did was said "thought" Mattel was the biggest. Didn't go on cnn proclaiming it was, didn't disagree with what FG said..all he said was "thought".
Your disdain for line drivers might fool most, but I see right thru you. You worked city, went to line, found out you couldn't handle it so you went back to city and lost all your seniority. Now you got punk kids ahead of you on the board and the checks just aren't as big. So you compensate like a school yard bully telling everyone how tough city is and how dumb line drivers are. I do less work and make more in one week then you do in two. Since you only get 3 days of work because they don't want to pay overtime. Your words, not mine. You spin your story to reflect the discussion people are trying to have and ruin every thread with your constant bitching about line drivers, newbies, and anyone who ever worked anywhere else after you came to OD. This place is changing Billy and the old "get off my lawn" guys will be the first ones gone. Better learn to adapt or you'll be back in that Swift tractor just like the good old days.
this is not a line vs city thing...this is a me vs Billy thing. Yes Icon sucks but so does driving in a white out. You ask us to just shut up and do our job... Same goes for you. After all, your the smart one that went back to it!

Not that it matters, but I'm near the top of the board of 70 drivers. Early start bulk volume deliveries. Nice try. Helped this company expand out west. But this thread is about icon not you attacking me for calling out what I see. Get over it.

What do you care? You're getting paid by the hour.

We need to remain productive in order to keep the making the company money. Some drivers go out to far out territories and don't have time to go back later in the week. Much more thought goes into city work than just holding a wheel.

Not that it matters, but I'm near the top of the board of 70 drivers. Early start bulk volume deliveries. Nice try. Helped this company expand out west. But this thread is about icon not you attacking me for calling out what I see. Get over it.
Shouldn't see much tough work or icon on bulk volume deliveries.

Maybe not "my job" but most of our residentials have a "call 30 minutes before" on the bill.I rarely go to a house without talking to someone first.Maybe it's just me.

I'm not using my phone. These idiot customers always end up calling me when their pos icon breaks or pocket dials me after delivery.

Truth hurt Billy? And being on topic never stopped you before. Think I hit a nerve.

Your stories falling apart Billy. Bulk deliveries huh... So you sit on your butt and watch people load or unload your trailer? Thought you where a real p&d guy. At my terminal they take all the line haul guys that couldn't make it running nights and moved them to bulk deliveries in the city. Kind of the last stop before you get the news. Better not get a hemorrhoid or a sore neck from sleeping in your tractor Billy..we can train monkeys to do what you do.

I'm not using my phone. These idiot customers always end up calling me when their pos icon breaks or pocket dials me after delivery.
Keep digging Billy. You'll find an excuse we might believe. Why don't you try making your line private so your number doesn't show?

That all you got? All of us near the top do early starts. This is what a big terminal does, not a 7 door shack in WY buddy. Been here a lot more years than you, done it all before you decided to go to CDL school. Keep it up with your attacks. I don't even bother you nor care much for ya.

Keep digging Billy. You'll find an excuse we might believe. Why don't you try making your line private so your number doesn't show?

Why do I need to do that? OD use to give all us city drivers Nextels for this type of communication way before you new guys came here. I could use the handheld, but always have trouble hearing the customer on the other end. I'll send a text to dispatch to give them a heads up.

Yeah, laugh all you want. But I drove the hoopie truck when I got back from my medical warehouse run. Takes a real man.
It can't take a real man they gave it to you. Hoopie peddles are easy money Billy. You say your the ace in the hole for dispatch but then you say you can't get your 40. I thought the productive people got the overtime and slackers got cut. Oh well keep running those volume your a real asset.

It can't take a real man they gave it to you. Hoopie peddles are easy money Billy. You say your the ace in the hole for dispatch but then you say you can't get your 40. I thought the productive people got the overtime and slackers got cut. Oh well keep running those volume your a real asset.

You must not work for OD. If hoopie is gravy, how come no one wants to do it in Seattle? This company doesn't care who you are when it comes to OT in WA state this year. The managers will hear it from regional for guys that go over a few hours.

This is what will happen to the rest of you guys in the city around the country if you were to get OT after 40. Like Ump said, this ain't your grand-daddy's OD anymore.

We need to remain productive in order to keep the making the company money. Some drivers go out to far out territories and don't have time to go back later in the week. Much more thought goes into city work than just holding a wheel.

Again who cares you're getting paid, you gotta attempt to service the customer... Let the desk drivers worry about rates and such, do your job driver.