XPO | I'd like some help understanding!

Since the purchase, the posts on here have gone from very optimistic, to very pessimistic because of the lack of new information. I sense major disappointment coming from the employees.
Is information shared at other companies? Do they tell drivers about their plans? Do they have weekly conference calls with drivers?

if they really wanted to keep it the trucks would be getting more than a postage stamp logo on some tractors and everyone would have new uniforms by now. the company is being streamlined to cut costs and look appealing to potential buyers. now with the downsizing of operations they dont have to stick money into new equipment, ect....
Thanks for that truth nugget. It's like beating a dead horse, but do you have anything to back this up? I know you don't, so just ignore me.

Many of the guys at my barn have gone beyond pessimism and have, as it now seems, settled into a kind of apathetic state concerning all the XPO hoopla. I rarely if ever hear guys asking or talking about all the promised XPO changes.

Maybe things will break out and start changing next week or next month...but in the interim...it's the same old, same old Conway-way.
What changes were promised? I was told nothing would change in the first year. It is the old Con-Way, and that's why I don't understand why people are upset.

Is information shared at other companies? Do they tell drivers about their plans? Do they have weekly conference calls with drivers?

Thanks for that truth nugget. It's like beating a dead horse, but do you have anything to back this up? I know you don't, so just ignore me.

What changes were promised? I was told nothing would change in the first year. It is the old Con-Way, and that's why I don't understand why people are upset.
people ask questions that lead back to the same thing and i answer them. if you dont like it then put me on your ignore list. you probably log on and first thing you do is search for my comments so you can add your 2 cents.

people ask questions that lead back to the same thing and i answer them. if you dont like it then put me on your ignore list. you probably log on and first thing you do is search for my comments so you can add your 2 cents.
When I ask direct questions, you can't answer them. I wonder why?

People are upset because they listened to several videos and written articles that came from Brad Jacobs himself, where he said that the re-branding would be quick, uniforms would be changed quickly, and the drivers would be "shown more love".
And based on the posts on here, there are a lot of people not even getting in full weeks.
When a CEO makes statements like these, the employees expect him to back them up......and do it.

He gave out raises.......then the hours got cut, so did the employees gain anything? NO.
And quite frankly, in my opinion, if you have line haul guys not getting runs, the owner operators shouldn't be getting any either.
Who is the priority? Company drivers or owner operators? It appears to be that the answer is that the owner operators are at the top of the totem pole.

And you wonder why people are upset?

cutting jobs, losing freight, drivers sitting home, no XPO uniforms, no XPO rebranding of fleet...sounds like a real effort on keeping this thing going. you might think this is the right way whip1, but most would disagree.

Come on Boomer... you're bringing me down. We're #2 in LTL and in logistics nationally for goodness sake .It's true that Mr. Jacobs has acquired and rolled up other companies and eventually flipped them for huge profits. And he might flip us,(xpo LTL), or sell us off but I seriously doubt that he'll do that any time soon if at all. Why? He's having too much fun building this entity and because he likes assets...1) He bought the French LTL and hasn't flipped it: 2) He hasn't flipped Conway TL like he almost did and then thought better of it recently and committed himself to keeping it. Bottom line...he's still in the very early innings of the building process of his world wide brand-XPO LOGISTICS. XPO stock is going up, more investors are buying in. Has he made mistakes w/ the transition process...no doubt? He'll get other sales people, but it'll take time. Rebranding, new uniforms?...gonna take time. When will ecomony freight be rolled out?...again, gonna take time. Don't worry this company is on the up and up. So enough w/ the discouragement... so get your chin up cause once things get up to speed... this baby's gonna fly.:1036316054:
That isn't just some french ltl. ND was a logistics company with trucks. They had just aquired Jacobson Companies in the states as well. ND was actually larger than XPO.
Conway had 4 companies TL, LTL MENLO, RSI. He wanted Menlo, the rest was a package deal.
For the right price anything is for sale.

Come on Boomer... you're bringing me down. We're #2 in LTL and in logistics nationally for goodness sake .It's true that Mr. Jacobs has acquired and rolled up other companies and eventually flipped them for huge profits. And he might flip us,(xpo LTL), or sell us off but I seriously doubt that he'll do that any time soon if at all. Why? He's having too much fun building this entity and because he likes assets...1) He bought the French LTL and hasn't flipped it: 2) He hasn't flipped Conway TL like he almost did and then thought better of it recently and committed himself to keeping it. Bottom line...he's still in the very early innings of the building process of his world wide brand-XPO LOGISTICS. XPO stock is going up, more investors are buying in. Has he made mistakes w/ the transition process...no doubt? He'll get other sales people, but it'll take time. Rebranding, new uniforms?...gonna take time. When will ecomony freight be rolled out?...again, gonna take time. Don't worry this company is on the up and up. So enough w/ the discouragement... so get your chin up cause once things get up to speed... this baby's gonna fly.:1036316054:
What makes you think he ever had a buyer for t/l?

I don't think we're going to be sold off anytime soon, but I do think the company should start talking to us about the future. It's been my experience that lack of information leads to speculation and more often than not, speculation leads to negative/false conclusions.

How true SN

That isn't just some french ltl. ND was a logistics company with trucks. They had just aquired Jacobson Companies in the states as well. ND was actually larger than XPO.
Conway had 4 companies TL, LTL MENLO, RSI. He wanted Menlo, the rest was a package deal.
For the right price anything is for sale.

You're right SSB about BJ wanting Menlo exclusively several years ago at first. He approached CNW to try to buy Menlo from them. There was no deal cause Conway said,"Buy the whole package or forget about Menlo". BJ didn't want assets back then ...so he walked away from that offer. Then BJ was told by a number of his bigger accounts in his brokerage business that they may not re-sign any new contracts w/ him cause he didn't have any guaranteed capacity or assets, (trucks and terminals), for their shipments. Consequently BJ wanted that capacity and therefore got his feet wet by acquiring ND. This move assured him a more favorable seat at the negotiating table w/ his shippers. As a result of the ND deal...BJ began to really warm up to the idea of owning assets. Menlo grabbed his attention again and also the idea of owning trucking assets in the states. Bottom line... he went to Conway a 2nd time w/ the intent of acquiring not just Menlo, but the whole package, trucks and all.

My point? BJ will keep all of the companies that he's acquired thus far since 2011, (what is the number 15 or more by now?) in his quest and ambition of building his ww brand. Will he sell XPO? Most likely when he gets ready to retire some day. When he does sell XPO, it won't be piece
meal. He'll sell it as the living and breathing entity that it will surely have become by then. It will survive on it's own just as WM and UR do today w/o BJ.

What makes you think he ever had a buyer for t/l?

It wasn't so much that BJ ever had a buyer per se lined up for TL. Articles from the media right after the acquisition basically speculated that he would dump TL cause it was a bust. BJ himself was swayed by these voices and told everybody," I haven't decided on whether to sell and hang on to TL, I'll make that decision down the road." Apparently capacity and other factors caused him to nix any idea of selling TL off. I guess BJ enjoys the challenge of turning a money looser into a money maker. And, it seems to me , he's got his hands full to accomplish that task.

cutting jobs, losing freight, drivers sitting home, no XPO uniforms, no XPO rebranding of fleet...sounds like a real effort on keeping this thing going. you might think this is the right way whip1, but most would disagree.

Cutting Jobs, losing freight, drivers sitting. I've talked to drivers from other LTLs and to employees at the places I pick up and deliver. They're all slow. The economy is slowing down. How is that XPOs fault? How can they fix it? If the jobs aren't supported by the freight, what is a company supposed to do?

Uniforms and rebranding. These two things are at the very bottom of my list. They have zero effect on my job or pay. Just yesterday, they made an announcement that we'd be ordering uniforms in June and receiving them in August. I'm curious how that fits into your truth? I've seen XPO trailers come thru the terminal. We still have a CCX trailer and I still see freight for CCX. Did people worry about when Con-Way would finish rebranding? Just because it didn't get done when people expected it to happen, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Communication. It would be great to hear about what's going on, but if they're focused on making us money and finding freight, I'm ok with the lack of communication. The employee portal has a place where we can submit questions about the company. Has anyone taken advantage of that? What company do you work for? Do you get weekly updates about business plans and direction? Of the promises they made, so far, they haven't lied.

Keeping this going. It's been stated numerous times, but some people don't want to believe it. There's a plan in place. LTL is not for sale. He's not devaluing it for a tax write off.

I never said this was the right way. It's their way, and I'm hoping it works. It's worked for Jacobs in the past. What company do you work for? How are they doing it better?

if you look at the past i have not found a time that Brad has sold just part of a company. He's always merged everything he's bought when he created WM and United Rentals so why would he change his system now? Also why would he buy a ltl over seas and not keep us? And from what I hear we are making more money then we did last year.

He is killing it in Europe. Mega deal after mega deal. Part of why we are so frustrated here in the States.

Time. How long am I to hold my breath ?