XPO | I'd like some help understanding!

cutting jobs, losing freight, drivers sitting home, no XPO uniforms, no XPO rebranding of fleet...sounds like a real effort on keeping this thing going. you might think this is the right way whip1, but most would disagree.

And the looming $200 million worth of savings. If this is how he cuts $50 million, how will he make it to $200 million ?

You're right SSB about BJ wanting Menlo exclusively several years ago at first. He approached CNW to try to buy Menlo from them. There was no deal cause Conway said,"Buy the whole package or forget about Menlo". BJ didn't want assets back then ...so he walked away from that offer. Then BJ was told by a number of his bigger accounts in his brokerage business that they may not re-sign any new contracts w/ him cause he didn't have any guaranteed capacity or assets, (trucks and terminals), for their shipments. Consequently BJ wanted that capacity and therefore got his feet wet by acquiring ND. This move assured him a more favorable seat at the negotiating table w/ his shippers. As a result of the ND deal...BJ began to really warm up to the idea of owning assets. Menlo grabbed his attention again and also the idea of owning trucking assets in the states. Bottom line... he went to Conway a 2nd time w/ the intent of acquiring not just Menlo, but the whole package, trucks and all.

My point? BJ will keep all of the companies that he's acquired thus far since 2011, (what is the number 15 or more by now?) in his quest and ambition of building his ww brand. Will he sell XPO? Most likely when he gets ready to retire some day. When he does sell XPO, it won't be piece
meal. He'll sell it as the living and breathing entity that it will surely have become by then. It will survive on it's own just as WM and UR do today w/o BJ.

Most likely. And the new buyer will be wanting to run it even tighter to make back whatever the price to purchase something like that must be.

It wasn't so much that BJ ever had a buyer per se lined up for TL. Articles from the media right after the acquisition basically speculated that he would dump TL cause it was a bust. BJ himself was swayed by these voices and told everybody," I haven't decided on whether to sell and hang on to TL, I'll make that decision down the road." Apparently capacity and other factors caused him to nix any idea of selling TL off. I guess BJ enjoys the challenge of turning a money looser into a money maker. And, it seems to me , he's got his hands full to accomplish that task.

Also, with increasing involvement in Mexican trade, he could really utilize that cross border capacity.

Wait a minute.. we got a big red XPO banner that was tacked up on the wall the other day...does count for a change??? :wee:
I recommend having the city drivers invite each of their customers to take a tour of your facility, so that they can marvel over that banner.
:1036316054:

:biglaugh:

That would surely get the word out on the street that Conway is now XPO.

Side note:
You would get more people to come and tour your facility if you told them that your facility had a transgender bathroom.

I recommend having the city drivers invite each of their customers to take a tour of your facility, so that they can marvel over that banner.

Side note:
You would get more people to come and tour your facility if you told them that your facility had a transgender bathroom.

hH4HNOT.jpg

It wasn't so much that BJ ever had a buyer per se lined up for TL. Articles from the media right after the acquisition basically speculated that he would dump TL cause it was a bust. BJ himself was swayed by these voices and told everybody," I haven't decided on whether to sell and hang on to TL, I'll make that decision down the road." Apparently capacity and other factors caused him to nix any idea of selling TL off. I guess BJ enjoys the challenge of turning a money looser into a money maker. And, it seems to me , he's got his hands full to accomplish that task.
But con-way was not a money loser. None of con-way was losing money.

The old regime never figured out how to integrate Truckload with Freight. So no real positive impact to justify the acquisition. Con-way had paid about twice as much as they should have for Truckload and never made enough off of it to cover the price tag. That is why it's referred to as a pointless, massive loss.

The old regime never figured out how to integrate Truckload with Freight. So no real positive impact to justify the acquisition. Con-way had paid about twice as much as they should have for Truckload and never made enough off of it to cover the price tag. That is why it's referred to as a pointless, massive loss.
Three quarters of a billion.

Side note:

You're so funny NF...seriously funny.

Not absolutely sure if Conway TL actually lost money...but I do know that they were pretty close to being a looser. I also know that CNF Inc paid way too much for CFI ($700 plus million if I remember correctly).Truth is, they should have paid only about half that much when they bought them. Bottom line...Mr. Jacobs didn't want to be saddled w/ a minimum money maker when he acquired CNW. TL was not in the best of shape then and I think that's why it was pretty tentative for TL until just recently when BJ committed himself to hanging on to them. Before BJ's committal...TL guys were sweating it out as to what would happen to them. All's good now...TL will be a winner...just wait and see They even have their own promotional youtube video short, which I'm sure that you've seen already.

Not absolutely sure if Conway TL actually lost money...but I do know that they were pretty close to being a looser. I also know that CNF Inc paid way too much for CFI ($700 plus million if I remember correctly).Truth is, they should have paid only about half that much when they bought them. Bottom line...Mr. Jacobs didn't want to be saddled w/ a minimum money maker when he acquired CNW. TL was not in the best of shape then and I think that's why it was pretty tentative for TL until just recently when BJ committed himself to hanging on to them. Before BJ's committal...TL guys were sweating it out as to what would happen to them. All's good now...TL will be a winner...just wait and see They even have their own promotional youtube video short, which I'm sure that you've seen already.

Let me try that video link again

Yea we are flying alright straight into the Toilet for any team to be successful you need to have the coach leading the Charge our coach is absent from the game tells me he don't really give a ::shit:: or has no ****ing clue what he is doing !!! you would think he would want us on board with his plans for our Future so we could be here to help him get their ya know And maybe he will eventually bring us in on his game plan just hope it is soon before he looses any more good people we have lost a lot of good ones to O D here of late !

Come on Boomer... you're bringing me down. We're #2 in LTL and in logistics nationally for goodness sake .It's true that Mr. Jacobs has acquired and rolled up other companies and eventually flipped them for huge profits. And he might flip us,(xpo LTL), or sell us off but I seriously doubt that he'll do that any time soon if at all. Why? He's having too much fun building this entity and because he likes assets...1) He bought the French LTL and hasn't flipped it: 2) He hasn't flipped Conway TL like he almost did and then thought better of it recently and committed himself to keeping it. Bottom line...he's still in the very early innings of the building process of his world wide brand-XPO LOGISTICS. XPO stock is going up, more investors are buying in. Has he made mistakes w/ the transition process...no doubt? He'll get other sales people, but it'll take time. Rebranding, new uniforms?...gonna take time. When will ecomony freight be rolled out?...again, gonna take time. Don't worry this company is on the up and up. So enough w/ the discouragement... so get your chin up cause once things get up to speed... this baby's gonna fly.:1036316054:

So glad we have you watching the financials and keeping an ear to what goes on behind the curtain.

Why are so many guys on here caught up on needing the company communicate with the workers? They just lie about everything anyway and spread their bs propaganda. And as far as uniforms, why on earth would you want them? That just gives them something else to pick at you for. Last time we had uniforms I threw mine in a dumpster and said the cleaners lost them.

Why are so many guys on here caught up on needing the company communicate with the workers? They just lie about everything anyway and spread their bs propaganda. And as far as uniforms, why on earth would you want them? That just gives them something else to pick at you for. Last time we had uniforms I threw mine in a dumpster and said the cleaners lost them.
You work for yellow anyway. What do you care?