ABF | idea concerning abf's self exclusion from TMI

BIG STEVE

TB Regular
Credits
after reviewing the tentative agreement as per Freight 2008.org a great idea came to me.

abf actually placed us in a great position.
everything that sucks in this tentative agreement should and can be excluded from the abf version when the time comes to negotiate.

things such as the $14 / hour part time casual ( didn't we strike over that issue in
'94? )

utility man
we already have PSE men, give them the $1 per hour premium instead of creating the new position

add to that a premium of $1 per hour for the flatbed service driver

eliminate the lower wage tier progression to any driver with 5 years or more of industry experience, starting them at full rate
any inexperienced driver has to go thru the progression

any other ideas ? sick time, personal time. holidays and anything else we can come up with
let's place the pressure where it belongs, on our representatives who negotiate for us

after reviewing the tentative agreement as per Freight 2008.org a great idea came to me.

everything that sucks in this tentative agreement should and can be excluded from the abf version when the time comes to negotiate.

things such as the $14 / hour part time casual ( didn't we strike over that issue in
'94? )

utility man
we already have PSE men, give them the $1 per hour premium instead of creating the new position

eliminate the lower wage tier progression to any driver with 5 years or more of industry experience, starting them at full rate

any other ideas ? sick time, personal time. holidays and anything else we can come up with
let's place the pressure where it belongs, on our representatives who negotiate for us

great idea brother :1036316054: but i gotta question : why the hell did our reps spend so much time negotiating to come back and present this crap to us ? not for nothing, this is terrible. how could you bring yourself to agree to such a shi**y deal ? can they, the reps, actually look us in the face and say " hey guys, what do you think" ? i expect that union meeting we have in 2 weeks to have some fireworks. you have to enlighten me on this one.

'94? )

utility man

ABF Freight System said it will offer an ambitious proposal to spend about $825 million to “withdraw from all of the 27 multi-employer pension plans to which we contribute.”

That came from Transport Topics today for what its worth, thats all I could get for free.

ABF Freight System said it will offer an ambitious proposal to spend about $825 million to “withdraw from all of the 27 multi-employer pension plans to which we contribute.”

That came from Transport Topics today for what its worth, thats all I could get for free.

Here is an idea. Tell the butt holes to shove it in their crack and vote no.
All this bull that they have put around this contract and they still dont get it.

VOTE NO ON ANY PROPOSAL FROM THE ABF TABLE. Send them back to the table and get the stuff we want, or we walk. Plain and simple.

And if they come back with any less than an agreement to change these dang work rules. We are hitting the damn pavement. Padlock the G D gate as far as I am concerned, I was lookin for a good job when I settled for this one.

yeah it was also explained in depth in a bear stearns equity report
funny thing though i was told by a teamster officer that the IBT already told abf no to its withdrawal request
according to bear stearns' equity report if the ibt and the pension funds involved say no there are only two options available to abf if it wants to extricate itself from the funds
1- to declare bankruptcy
2- to decertify the union

obviously the first option will not occur as the company has little or no debt
in otherwords it is highly unlikely and improbable

the second option is simply ludicrous as they would need us to accomplish that

so that places the company back to square one
withdrawing from TMI now doesn't appear to have been a good move by them
we have them over a barrel as there is no guarantee that we would let them sign on to a :shit:ty tentative agreement
again possibility for a labor action to commence

the amount to withdraw is $829 million
this figure is a starting point such as the 4.1 billion ups figure was which ended up being 6.1 billion in the end
if all things are equal and abf is allowed to withdraw count on that number to exceed 1 billion in the end

great idea brother :1036316054: but i gotta question : why the hell did our reps spend so much time negotiating to come back and present this crap to us ? not for nothing, this is terrible. how could you bring yourself to agree to such a shi**y deal ? can they, the reps, actually look us in the face and say " hey guys, what do you think" ? i expect that union meeting we have in 2 weeks to have some fireworks. you have to enlighten me on this one.

i know what you mean brother
actually they agreed rather quickly and that is most likely the reason for a possible :shit:ty deal
i wish i was there so i could tell you what went wrong

I would think that sum is only to withdraw from the central states.
How much more is it to withdraw from the other 26 funds.
Lets wait until the fireworks start in the new negotiation.

I would think that sum is only to withdraw from the central states.
How much more is it to withdraw from the other 26 funds.
Lets wait until the fireworks start in the new negotiation.

829 mil is the total to withdraw from all funds, this number is from the bear stearns equity report i reffered to
the amount each fund would get depends on the number of (ABF) participants it has
so the lion's share would go to central states
fortunately for us they have been told no deal already
it is extremely important that we don't get the same :shit:ty deal yrc negotiated therefore all abfers must stand strong

We will be able to see if that is a bad deal this next week and we will be unable to vote on it. If the tentative agreement is ratified I cannot see the Union wanting to keep going back to the negotation table numerous times. .

We will be able to see if that is a bad deal this next week and we will be unable to vote on it. If the tentative agreement is ratified I cannot see the Union wanting to keep going back to the negotation table numerous times. .

unable to vote on ? excuse me but it WILL be voted on no matter what the union says. we are the members and we cannot stand back an let the union dictate whether or not they wanna go back to the table. they work for US ! alot of these guys make 6 figures so who gives a damn if they gotta talk little longer with the bosses. if it's a sh*tty deal, tell them hell no and they will have no choice but to re-negotiate. remember, it aint personal, it's business:1036316054:

He's talking about ABF's employees not being able to vote on it Brother.

gotcha, sorry bro, but why should it even get that far ? everyone loses when a sh*tty deal gets ratified. in terms of flexibility, does management ever fathom the idea that maybe some of their own don't deserve the salaries & free stock they recieve ? or maybe not hiring so much un-needed personnel ? just a thought.

We at ABF are not part of TMI. tentative agreement. If it's turned down I would hope ABF would step in to the next negotation with TMI. and work out a better agreement. My thought is how can the Union give us a different contract then YRC. as then YRC would what to open negotations for more flexability.It would keep negotations going on and on and where would it stop.

abf orphans

came from the hall today,nobody still seems to know if bullfrogs in or out. what i got on paper from the hall is a piece of garbage!!!!! this used to be a good job and place to work it quit being a good place to work as soon as davidson and his boys took over. id sooner look for anew job than let these s.o.b.s run over us. just remember one thing THEY HAVE JUST AS MUCH TO LOSE AS WE DO!!!!!! IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN PLAN TO FAIL,IF YOU FAIL TO ACT YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.:chairshot: