If Only...

Is USF Dugan same thing as Dugan truck lines now? There's one down the road from me just wondering.

Frito is not the best job in the world but I agree it's right up there
Dugan truck lines is the same family that started USFDUGAN

Frito is not the best job in the world but I agree it's right up there
Dugan truck lines is the same family that started USFDUGAN

What would be the best job in the world be for drivers? I agree Matt you have a great gig. The small regional chip company here the drivers work 4 days a week and have weekends off. They either work Monday thru Thursday or Tuesday thru Friday. There teamsters with a pension to. I would love to get in there.

JRut Foodservice is very hard on the body. So if you do get a job doing food take your time and don't rush. I've learned the hard way somedays.

Buffalobill THANKS for that info that's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. So now I won't be looking at US Foods or Sysco..I am kind of set on waiting until I'm eligble for MBM. It's only another 5 months away when my ticket clears.
I didn't mean to scare you away from them, as its still a very lucrative job. but if you have preferences for a quaint, "family values" kind of company (you know, the kind of smoke they blow up otr drivers asses), this isn't it. its the kind of job where you always have to think they are going to try and screw you over, because they are not looking out for you, they are looking out for themselves. A lot of drivers come here and get confused when management isn't happy no matter how fast they run. its simple, its NEVER fast enough!

I have always been looking at the Frito Lay site for driver openings in the DFW area.. but there NEVER is any kind of opening. The only openings pretty much are warehouse workers, merchandisers and mechanics. 1400-1600 a week gross???? wow thats double what I'm making driving a DP truck. I see the trucks all the time on the road and they're all day cab Mack's with the natural gas thing behind the cab. Man I wish they had an opening that's the job I need!!

good luck with that, if it doesn't happen, don't be afraid to step into a usf or sysco truck, just remember, they didnt get big by being nice guys, LOL!

Matt why did you leave the ltl world? I thought you liked Estes.

LTL is so unstable. One minute it's money in the bank the next your broke. Some idiot gets in charge and makes a decision to save a few bucks and your run is cut.
Just got sick of hating my job.

My dad is a linehaul driver with the big E and he hasn't had any problem yet. Except when the weather is bad and they close down

cant be any heavier than 6/10 cases, or those kegs that beer guys unload. I know i get cases of chips all the time at my deliveries, I would take a long lip wheeler and chips any day of the week!

Dip ? And we have 10 foot tall stacks on our two wheelers. Not just a few cases here and there.

My dad is a linehaul driver with the big E and he hasn't had any problem yet. Except when the weather is bad and they close down

That's the other problem. If you have seniority then life's better at LTL also.
LTL used to be where the money and fun was at but the educated have sucked all the fun and money out if it. Just a number in the LTL world

That's the other problem. If you have seniority then life's better at LTL also.
LTL used to be where the money and fun was at but the educated have sucked all the fun and money out if it. Just a number in the LTL world

My dad has been with the big E for almost 2 years. Was on extra board for 6 months I think before he got a big. I've always wanted a linehaul gig but don't want to work nights all my life

Lord get over yourself. Just did that to subscribe and follow the discussion.

And I know you have a prob with me. Just put me on ignore.

Nope I want to see everyone of your posts ;)
And really Stoney I don't even know ya. That's the problem with message boards. This is just text and any person never sees another's intent. I do think your a tad sensitive. And your fun cause you flip **** back. That's the ONLY reason I mess with ya because you stand your ground.
Can we kiss and make up now

Nope I want to see everyone of your posts ;)
And really Stoney I don't even know ya. That's the problem with message boards. This is just text and any person never sees another's intent. I do think your a tad sensitive. And your fun cause you flip **** back. That's the ONLY reason I mess with ya because you stand your ground.
Can we kiss and make up now

Ok whatever. ( eyes rolling ).

To everyone, I apologize. I wasn't attempting to start anything. I was enjoying the discussion you all had going.

This will be the last post from me on this thread.

Again I apologize.

Moneyman why did you quit Estes? I was looking forward to getting into LTL but after I found out how unstable it is I decided id pass. I did recently apply for a FedEx road driver position though I figured what have I got to lose? Even if I did sit at home or work the dock I figure id still be making more than I am at DP. I think lm pretty much set on foodservice though