If Only...

To everyone, I apologize. I wasn't attempting to start anything. I was enjoying the discussion you all had going.

This will be the last post from me on this thread.

Again I apologize.

What happened. I apologized basically and you fired off whatever and that was it ? I'm sad now :(

Moneyman why did you quit Estes? I was looking forward to getting into LTL but after I found out how unstable it is I decided id pass. I did recently apply for a FedEx road driver position though I figured what have I got to lose? Even if I did sit at home or work the dock I figure id still be making more than I am at DP. I think lm pretty much set on foodservice though

I left because I was driving 75 miles one way to work. I would leave the house at 6 am and not get him till 8-9 pm. I was married at the time and my wife hated it. So I took a job closer to home making more money but I do wish I never would've left Estes. I would be like 7-12 in seniority right now. Oh well there's plenty of other jobs and probably better ones

I have. Supervalu is hurting money wise and they never hire. I would be working weekends for like 10 years. Same with coborns. Coborns don't pay overtime, it's all straight time. Coborns is looking for a part time driver. The last full time Ad I seen was 1am- 11am Friday to Monday.

I have. Supervalu is hurting money wise and they never hire. I would be working weekends for like 10 years. Same with coborns. Coborns don't pay overtime, it's all straight time. Coborns is looking for a part time driver. The last full time Ad I seen was 1am- 11am Friday to Monday.

Everybody is working for weekend. Well, except in trucking.

Dip ? And we have 10 foot tall stacks on our two wheelers. Not just a few cases here and there.

ah, i could see the ol bean dip gettin heavy! how does the bean dip come packed? is it like a 72 count case, or do some places get big 10 pound cans of it?

I would still take 10 feet of chips any day over 5 feet of 6/10 cases. 5 feet of 6/10's=480lbs, plus wheeler. 10 feet of chips= what, 150 lbs? they are chips man, comon!

Weekends seems to be the norm in grocery, ya gotta think though, when are the grocery stores the busiest? weekends. i tried it for a few days at C&S up here in Buffalo, it doesn't seem like a bad job. goofy pay for performance system, although you end up making out better than you think you would. they work based off 4 10 hour shifts, and they have a pension. not bad once you get off the bottom of the list.

ah, i could see the ol bean dip gettin heavy! how does the bean dip come packed? is it like a 72 count case, or do some places get big 10 pound cans of it?

I would still take 10 feet of chips any day over 5 feet of 6/10 cases. 5 feet of 6/10's=480lbs, plus wheeler. 10 feet of chips= what, 150 lbs? they are chips man, comon!

LOL it gets old no matter how heavy. A lot more trips and some miles on the old 2 wheeler :)

Us Frito guys love to hear "it's just chips"

LOL it gets old no matter how heavy. A lot more trips and some miles on the old 2 wheeler :)

Us Frito guys love to hear "it's just chips"

I bet it's still easier pushing 10' stack of chips then bouncing up and down stairs. I'd love to do chips because of no stairs and very minimum dealing of customers. Atleast with old Dutch they don't deal much with customers. I also need a job to keep me in shape. My routes are to easy that I don't work hard enough