Estes | if there's a question you could ask Rob Estes, what would it be?

Why did you put springs on the kw gliders? My god that's the worst riding truck I ever drove. I had a load yesterday with 32000 and thought that would make it ride better but hell it was worse.

Why did you put springs on the kw gliders? My god that's the worst riding truck I ever drove. I had a load yesterday with 32000 and thought that would make it ride better but hell it was worse.

I recently was blessed with the assignment of one and I'm very pleased with the ride. Rides better than an 8600 with air ride, and much better than the various other 9400's I've driven on previous jobs.

Why don't you honor your million mile plus drivers with more than just a jacket and a pin? How about a nice plaque that we can hang on our wall at home or a check for $100 for every year that we go accident free. How about a nice safe driver ring that most other companies give there million mile drivers. All of this can be found on the ATA site since you want to use the ATA rule about it taking 12 years to reach a million anyway.

Last edited:
When is everyone going to get paid for all hours worked. Linehaul , hub should get paid for fueling, delay time , waiting on loads .
That,s what im talking about.Though it will never happen.2-3 hours past the cut is normal operations at some places,(017).

I also would ask why city drivers gets the best raises? Why don't he just move them all down to 15$ or $16 an hour and pay overtime after 45 hours? 25$ an hour or what ever it is? Come on? That's way to much! Rob needs to let other departments catch up evenly before giving anymore raises to city. Make city and dock same seniority list, load your own trucks like hub, that way there's enough dock help around the clock and cut back on late loads and damages. Make them all responsible for they're own actions.

I also would ask why city drivers gets the best raises? Why don't he just move them all down to 15$ or $16 an hour and pay overtime after 45 hours? 25$ an hour or what ever it is? Come on? That's way to much! Rob needs to let other departments catch up evenly before giving anymore raises to city. Make city and dock same seniority list, load your own trucks like hub, that way there's enough dock help around the clock and cut back on late loads and damages. Make them all responsible for they're own actions.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he isn't a city driver.

$15 or $16 for city drivers? Really? How much P&D work have you done? $25/hr is NOT too much according to the rest of the industry. It should be that much PLUS OT after 40. Industry wide, period. That would be something to ask him: why 55?

I don't understand why some people want to bring others down in addition to (or instead of) advocating for their own interests. And I don't understand why a driver would want to alienate over half his fellow drivers. We all need each other.

Last edited:
You know how many guys took hub to stay off extra? Most, not all but most. It wasn't my choice it was there's. Now that they have been here awhile they want the linehaul runs. Is see hub guys on long and short runs not working the dock everyday. Instead of taking runs from guys who put time in xtra board, work the dock. Then we all can get out on our cut times.Who made the decision to make money the hub way? Not me.

Hahaha no Im extra board but it will happen. When webb was tm in Pittsburgh he was on the dock for a week and a hub driver asked if there's any plans to combine l/jh hub and he said "yeah, theres a plan to do that in the future" so yall bettter get teady to get bumped lol

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he isn't a city driver.

$15 or $16 for city drivers? Really? How much P&D work have you done? $25/hr is NOT too much according to the rest of the industry. It should be that much PLUS OT after 40. Industry wide, period. That would be something to ask him: why 55?

I don't understand why some people want to bring others down in addition to (or instead of) advocating for their own interests. And I don't understand why a driver would want to alienate over half his fellow drivers. We all need each other.
Just saying that's alot of money per hour for you guys compared to only $7.50 a drop and hook, not getting paid to fuel, and getting stuff fixed you smash up.
I think there should be a dress code for city drivers. Such as clean shaven, hair above collar, pants only, shined boots,no facial hair like UPS. City drivers are last resort appearance to customers.

Last edited:
Hahaha no Im extra board but it will happen. When webb was tm in Pittsburgh he was on the dock for a week and a hub driver asked if there's any plans to combine l/jh hub and he said "yeah, theres a plan to do that in the future" so yall bettter get teady to get bumped lol

That will cause lots of problems and lots of phone calls. They're trying to keep guys from quitting, that might cause more drivers to quit.

I hired in to run linehaul, period. Nothing against hub or combo guys, but I have no desire to do what they do. I don't think I'd stick around long if someone tried to push me into that.

Just saying that's alot of money per hour for you guys compared to only $7.50 a drop and hook, not getting paid to fuel, and getting stuff fixed you smash up.
I think there should be a dress code for city drivers. Such as clean shaven, hair above collar, pants only, shined boots,no facial hair like UPS. City drivers are last resort appearance to customers.
I get that you should be paid better for d/h, and paid something period for fueling, etc. But what does that have to do with anyone else's payscale? Try advocating for your own betterment rather than for dragging others down.

And good luck with that strict appearance code. UPS can demand whatever they want because they pay something like $35/hr plus overtime after 8. I see drivers every day that meet those appearance criteria, but are just assholes. Customers would rather deal with someone who is a little rough around the edges but has a sense of humor and can manage a smile, than a clean-shaven guy with no personality.