Estes | if there's a question you could ask Rob Estes, what would it be?

There is a lot of drivers that do not get the sense of urgency on providing next day service and getting freight back to the terminal to get it worked. Drivers will drag to get to a break, drop , fuel ,wash windows, stop in the yard and chit -chat and eventually take the bills to dispatch all along the while a driver who done his job and didn't drag around is having to wait. This is a big part of the problem Imo.

U
I'm thinking those guys get paid whether theres a load or not. I wonder if Estes has to guarantee loads to get them to haul it every week. Just a guess.

I talked to tge TLI teams tgat are always wt our terminal and asked what deal is estes giving yas. They said the teams ate guarnteed ,5000 miles per team (2500 miles per driver) so no matter what there getting 5k miles whether they drive it or not. Plus they only making .40 cpm 1 person said .50cpm

U

I talked to tge TLI teams tgat are always wt our terminal and asked what deal is estes giving yas. They said the teams ate guarnteed ,5000 miles per team (2500 miles per driver) so no matter what there getting 5k miles whether they drive it or not. Plus they only making .40 cpm 1 person said .50cpm
He is lying,TLI gets extra freight, they don't have ded. runs ,they are Not guarnteed miles, and can wait up to 10 hours for teams without pay.Extra board guys from Den,Slc ,Por...have been calling corporate about low miles, and they have scaled way back on PT, so stay tuned.

He is lying,TLI gets extra freight, they don't have ded. runs ,they are Not guarnteed miles, and can wait up to 10 hours for teams without pay.Extra board guys from Den,Slc ,Por...have been calling corporate about low miles, and they have scaled way back on PT, so stay tuned.

I'm not lying, I actually talked to t.l.I drivers from 089, I nevercsaid they had dedicated runs or that they don't sit. But they all said Estes guarantees each team 5000 miles a week. If you know anything about business or running a business you would know that a third part company isn't gonna let there employees pull freight for another company with out base line revenue or minimums, example: estes has a minimum they charge on every piece of freight they take... So instead of calling someone a LIAR who went to a couple sources TLI DRIVERS and not some he said she said central might BS. sit back and maybe you'll learn something.

I'm not lying, I actually talked to t.l.I drivers from 089, I nevercsaid they had dedicated runs or that they don't sit. But they all said Estes guarantees each team 5000 miles a week. If you know anything about business or running a business you would know that a third part company isn't gonna let there employees pull freight for another company with out base line revenue or minimums, example: estes has a minimum they charge on every piece of freight they take... So instead of calling someone a LIAR who went to a couple sources TLI DRIVERS and not some he said she said central might BS. sit back and maybe you'll learn something.
Ok,what I meant TLI drivers are lying, not you.They lease trucks (here west) from TLI , with service and insurance, they are NOT TLI empoyees( again at least from KCK , west,). Here at SLC they tried to get more runs to Chi, Atl,Cha., and Dal....so they can get guar. miles.I don't trust central much,if freight slows down corporate with cut them loose like they did in 08/09 with covenant,benefit,interstate.....

Ok,what I meant TLI drivers are lying, not you.They lease trucks (here west) from TLI , with service and insurance, they are NOT TLI empoyees( again at least from KCK , west,). Here at SLC they tried to get more runs to Chi, Atl,Cha., and Dal....so they can get guar. miles.I don't trust central much,if freight slows down corporate with cut them loose like they did in 08/09 with covenant,benefit,interstate.....
Trying to understand here. You're saying that we're just leasing trucks from TLI?

Trying to understand here. You're saying that we're just leasing trucks from TLI?
TLI has deal with Estes to get paid per dispatch mile,and those people who drive TLI trucks are leasing power only from them(TLI) with 12/ 24 months options.Those drivers are responsible for truck payment and fuel,TLI keeps % of pay for profit,permits , service.Most of their trucks are newer so repairs are low.I talked with Memphis couple last month, and they said only way to make money is to stay 2/3 weeks out .They were getting around 4500 miles a week, and they get paid miles that they run.

TLI has deal with Estes to get paid per dispatch mile,and those people who drive TLI trucks are leasing power only from them(TLI) with 12/ 24 months options.Those drivers are responsible for truck payment and fuel,TLI keeps % of pay for profit,permits , service.Most of their trucks are newer so repairs are low.I talked with Memphis couple last month, and they said only way to make money is to stay 2/3 weeks out .They were getting around 4500 miles a week, and they get paid miles that they run.
Thanks for clarifying.

My question to Rob would be, why in SoCal are P&D wages competitive with that of other companies, but not LH? Why do we still have 2pay scales? I understand the California $10.00 piece pay but don't get the $4.00 break n hook. We make 60cpm while others get 61-62.50? and our cost of living out here is outrageous. Plus when we used to break down we got full hourly pay after the 1st hour. Now we only get $10.00??! Dammit boi, I can go on.

Answer: No bennies, no fuel, no maintenance, and above all, no whining...
They're our West coasters hauling the cheap sht. They run for something like $.40 cents less per mile. Mildew would use them also if he was running the show. They'd be my junk freight haulers.

They're our West coasters hauling the cheap sht. They run for something like $.40 cents less per mile. Mildew would use them also if he was running the show. They'd be my junk freight haulers.
That's exactly what they are pulling out of 035... Nothing has changed. That leopard will never change his spots...