TForce | If we go union.....

Johnny Big Rig said:
13 tour stops cancelled, WOW. You gotta tour to sell that C.D. Reason cancelled slow ticket sales, nobody's buying it. Sound familiar just like in '98 . Vote No!!I Will !!
Down South Jukin!
Whatever....this isn't about the Dixie Chicks anyway....it's about your co-workers coming to us for help in getting better conditions.....don't you want something better?

steve5 said:
Accelerator said:
"""""""

Ignorant meaning I'm not paying attention to other people I guess.

I give people the benefit of the doubt, I think they are smarter than they actually might be. but as with most everyone I learn from my mistakes.

There is someone here that thinks the opposite of people than I think, that they can't think for themselves, can't do anything unless a higher power is guiding them.

I would rather think the way I do than to under-estimate others, with under-estimating you can find yourself being used and left scratching your head while everyone else is smiling.

Truer words were never spoken. This is the same as I feel, The union is selling itself which is the reason for the mayhem, and so is our company. There is nothing wrong with wanting more.

The trick of the trade for MGNT is they have to make more with less, and to be honest, it is a good cliches. And practice.

So inturn if I can do the same then why not. And furthermore, this quote you left us with certainly does'nt sound like a man who is easily led by the forked tounge of the heathen to me.

stldude44 said:
Whatever....this isn't about the Dixie Chicks anyway....it's about your co-workers coming to us for help in getting better conditions.....don't you want something better?

Hey JBR go ask the dixie chick's for a raise. And while you are at it maybe a little delay time okay. I will be patiently waiting for thier response.

Then when you come back from lala land we will welcome you with open arm's. and have a card for you to sighn.

Johnny Big Rig said:
13 tour stops cancelled, WOW. You gotta tour to sell that C.D. Reason cancelled slow ticket sales, nobody's buying it. Sound familiar just like in '98 . Vote No!!I Will !!
Down South Jukin!

I know of a website that shows the real side of the dixie chicks and how they feel about thier fans (conservitave country music fans) and how snow white they really are.

How you can equate so-called country singers with what is going on here is a stretch.

Johnny Big Rig said:
Conditions here may not be the greatest, but they are a h*** of alot better than most places.

And working for Swift is better than living in poverty.

You can say what you want about the Union but when it is all said and done you will be happily cashing that check.

Fortunately for me I don't need anyone to welcome me to justify my existence. I am fine with the money I make. For the last 19 years I have gotten a raise with the exception of 1 { thanks T. Boswell} every year.You are absolutely correct this is not about the chix it is about my right as well as everyone else's to have an opinion ,that does not mean you have to agree or even like my opinion but I can still have it.So with that said It is my right to say I will vote No!!

It has been my experience that if it's not that bad , don't mess with it odds are it can get a whole lot worse. example if you would rate your job a 7 on scale of 1-10 that's pretty good right? you ask for changes and odds are it could get worse. that leaves a whole lot of room for things to get worse and my opinion is things arent bad enough to warrant wholesale changes that a union would bring.

Johnny Big Rig said:
It has been my experience that if it's not that bad , don't mess with it odds are it can get a whole lot worse. example if you would rate your job a 7 on scale of 1-10 that's pretty good right? you ask for changes and odds are it could get worse. that leaves a whole lot of room for things to get worse and my opinion is things arent bad enough to warrant wholesale changes that a union would bring.
How can you decide that it could be worse with out seeing the master contract out of Indy? You will see the facts in writing if you only wait for the contract to be drafted and agreed apon and then you can put all guess work aside and make an Informed decision.

Johnny Big Rig said:
To each his own but your outlook seems pretty negative.....to think that although your conditions aren't "all that bad", to mess with them in any way would probably make them worse. I'm glad that our forefathers years ago didn't have that defeated attitude or we'd all be getting alot less than we are now. Change and improvements are made by those of us who are willing to step up to the plate, like your co-workers have.

Johnny Big Rig said:

Well if you read some of the past posts of mine you would see that "wholesale changes" have already took place with our side.

I do have to say that the taking has stopped for the time being. That might be because I am at an Overnite terminal now.

If your happy with what you are getting and/or not getting I can dig it. But with me and some others we want back some things that we had a few months before.

UPGF4IBT said:
Well...I dont work for Yellow. This is the UPS Freight message board...so what I cant figure out is why FXF drivers are posting comments on here? Not enough going on at FXF these days??

Naa, I just figured since I owned the site and paid the server bill that I should be able to post where I want, but hey, I have been wrong many times b4

Johnny Big Rig said:
Hello jbg, there are a few out here that aren't going peacefully

Aren't going peacefully? It sounds as if your going to lose everything if it dosen't go your way.

You will not be going out, you and the rest of your fellow employees will be going up.

What if the organizing does not happen, and the company decides to hold pay to benefit the company?

Or what would happen under the same circumstances above but the pension is froze? I've seen this happen recently.

You see, with out a contract management can do anything they want regardless what the rulebook says.

How about taking away fuel and breakdown/shop time and having them claiming it is figured in the cpm?

How about taking runs from a terminal and forcing transfers to build up another terminal while other surrounding terminals remain untoched?

All this has happened and I've been right in the middle of it.

Would you vote for representation then?

Would you leave?

Johnny Big Rig said:
Fortunately for me I don't need anyone to welcome me to justify my existence. I am fine with the money I make. For the last 19 years I have gotten a raise with the exception of 1 { thanks T. Boswell} every year.You are absolutely correct this is not about the chix it is about my right as well as everyone else's to have an opinion ,that does not mean you have to agree or even like my opinion but I can still have it.So with that said It is my right to say I will vote No!!

Well johnny you are correct ,you have an opinion, and you are right when you say the system here is a h*** of alot better than other places. but on the same note it is a whole lot worse than other places,
if you want to vote no, then be our guest. The working conditions at UPSF are more contradictive than they have ever been. And can you awnser this, Why give us a book of rules to follow if mgnt. has no intention to follow them???

I have a family, and I spend more time at work than I do at home, mainly because of bad planning.

Now I amnot judgeing you when I say this but maybe.

neglect of my family in your eyes is'nt a bad thing.
After 13 hrs. at work maybe you would like to go back out until you reach 15 hrs. then, now 14 hrs. And if you refuse you will be fired.
When the rule book say's all vacation time will be given on a seniority basis, and a lower man on the totem pole get's it because they are liked better than you.
Kissing the bosses arse will get you out of work earlier.
Or what about this , I will volunteer you for something wether you want to do it or not.
Or maybe we will try to fire you after accusing you of doing something you never did. ( hearsay).

Or maybe we will fire you because you break equipment on a regular basis because you do not want to deliver what is on your truck.

Yes I would have to agree, there is nothing wrong with this company, I am not owned by this place, I simply work here. This company currently resides in the stone age. And for you maybe your opinion will stand for this unjustice. But not mine.

Jeff said:
Naa, I just figured since I owned the site and paid the server bill that I should be able to post where I want, but hey, I have been wrong many times b4

So you are saying you have all the seniority. What about us?.