FedEx Freight | If we MERGE

i will post at 0900 i told you all so!!!!!!!!!!!

With everything that is going to be happening tomorrow and not to mention the level of emotions that will be flaring I don't think it is necessary to have to say "I told you so". This is a very unfortunate situation and many families are going to be hit hard tomorrow by this news. Just let it be and let everyone digest the news and pray for all of those who will be effected by this.

well than pray for me cause i will be one of the ones without a job come ??? i hope fedex gives me the $$$ i need to get by until i find something else you remain purple until you get the news i am beyond purple black and blue now OUCH!

I have 2 1/2 yrs in at a small eol fxnl terminal,but there are 2 fxfe terms within 50 miles. hope to maybe be one of the combined instead of misplaced or laid off.good luck all of purple nation.

With everything that is going to be happening tomorrow and not to mention the level of emotions that will be flaring I don't think it is necessary to have to say "I told you so". This is a very unfortunate situation and many families are going to be hit hard tomorrow by this news. Just let it be and let everyone digest the news and pray for all of those who will be effected by this.
I agree, please whatever happens please show class people... thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

well put.....it isn't going to be fun for anyone.

Why would they leave any natltl branded terminals open? If they are closing 130 terminals it sounds to me like they are doing away with the national service product and putting it all in the freight system. While it is true the 3000 bills a day the cross the dock at ccn could not be handled by the freight yard there, the 4 freight hubs in that area could easily absorb that. The only reason I can think to leave 8 yards open is to turn national from an ltl carrier into a truckload carrier.

Im afraid he is right guys. Meetings in the morning everywhere at 745. already heard ccn is closing. I don't know about CHR yet.

Why would they leave any natltl branded terminals open? If they are closing 130 terminals it sounds to me like they are doing away with the national service product and putting it all in the freight system. While it is true the 3000 bills a day the cross the dock at ccn could not be handled by the freight yard there, the 4 freight hubs in that area could easily absorb that. The only reason I can think to leave 8 yards open is to turn national from an ltl carrier into a truckload carrier.

Some will stay open because of their volume and terminal size vs freights. They will move freight into those terminals so in the end it is all the same difference.

Nobody has a clue what is going to be said today I guess you must be special and then your going to send a message back and say you had dinner with fred smith last night and he is the one who told you this

Nobody has a clue what is going to be said today I guess you must be special and then your going to send a message back and say you had dinner with fred smith last night and he is the one who told you this

No need for the smart comments Bubba I am simply offering some insight to all the uncertainty that is going on. I don't know about you but for most people when it comes to their livelihood and things like this come upon us it is very unsettling. All I hoped to do was to give some information that although may not be positive it is more than some had.

By the way I have never had dinner with Fred, well at least not during the week. Good luck to you Bubba I hope your family is not effected by what is about to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubba do you live in the dark all the time?

Here's what I know... I start earlier than 8AM, and was told my meeting would be tomorrow. When I asked why, I was told because something new was coming out and it wasn't going to be released until 8AM, and they were not allowed to tell us before that. If it were just local OPS changes, there would be no need for a press release at 8AM. It is going to be something big, and unfortunately, I think there will be many people out of jobs, certainly office and support staff, and many drivers.

Good Luck to all...and remember our number one rule "Take care of our people".

The number is actually 27. 27 terminals will be left open and most is out west. CCN is closing and city work will be divided between nky and cci with the line haul going to Dayton.. 27 seems to be allot higher than what you guys said but we shall see...and i was told Jan. 30th but that's just because the work week officially starts on Sunday...

Closing 100 terms and cutting 1,700 jobs. wow. I guess the sh*t has hit the fan,Can't wait to see where i fall on the hit list. Wish me luck guys.