FedEx Freight | If we MERGE

It all comes down to insider trading and the shareholders meeting. I was supposed to go to the meeting in Memphis but military stuff got in the way of it. We (shareholders) were notified at 0817 this morning from FedEx Corp. regarding the merge and the earnings outlook. That is the soonest it could happen. My dad was lied to in AKR and told the meeting was about "Zip Codes they are giving to CLE" - when all along we all knew that isn't what it was. Folks - they are not just closing 100 FXNL Centers - they are closing 100 facilities - FACILITIES. In Northeast Ohio there is Freight side - CLE, MNT, AKR, YNG and National has Ravenna. YNG is building a new facility - CLE just got the old YRC terminal in Richfield, National just hired 25 road drivers in Ravenna, AKR is giving up zipcodes to CLE and already gave some to YNG ... so AKR isn't really needed when CLE, Ravenna and YNG are all huge terminals. And that might explain why the Regional Manager (Brian P) is the one conducting the meeting in AKR this morning ... no other centers in the YNG region get to have the regional manager break the news to them ... I am still waiting on my dad to get out of the meeting ... but the writing is on the wall - AKR is landlocked and the terminals are huge.

Rob

I would like to say sorry to chigger and fedex thanks for the heads up guess I do live in the dark being #129 on the road board at ccn probaly wont have a job come 1/30/2011

Bubba it's all good, let me say i'm sorry also for the news. I truly hope it works out for you. Keep your head up and if it happens it's not the end of the world, you will find something else. I will be praying for all your people up there.

Bubba, I'm 111 on CCN's board. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm in Akron still...sitting in a motel trying to unwind from having this bomb dropped. I'm just glad I didn't burn any bridges on past jobs. In this economy, I know that doesn't mean jack squat, but at least I know that if they need someone and I'm looking, I could go back. Good luck to us all. Cheers...:guiness:

Bubba, I'm 111 on CCN's board what you road driver start date ? if you don't mind telling everybody thanks

I started September 1st of '08. Until I hear otherwise, I will assume that I will be unemployed after January '11. Why?

You guys need to remember that of the 61 road drivers at the columbus center, 20 of them just started on the road this year. So even with a road senority date at ccn in 08 you will be just fine at CMH. You also have to remember that the real heavy hitters from your barn(senority prior to 93) will go to cci and nky so they don't have to relocate.

I work at SBC ... Which is going to now be the largest terminal in fed ex history... supposively... but sorry for all of you being laid off... They were talking about taking potential lay off FXNL and FXF employees and moving them to express, ground, or custom critical... You guys should look into it.

I work at SBC ... Which is going to now be the largest terminal in fed ex history... supposively... but sorry for all of you being laid off... They were talking about taking potential lay off FXNL and FXF employees and moving them to express, ground, or custom critical... You guys should look into it.

CGT will be the largest terminal in the system... You are correct on the fact that National will work with guys to help them transfer to either Ground or Express. Not sure about Custom Critical.