XPO | If XPO doesn't Rock us then go for the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let it happen. Then your pay and benefits will be no better than working at YRC. The union has no more power over the companys.

That last MOU got Hoffa paid. And then all the YRC CEO's got massive raises. Thanks to the drivers taking less. Slide over to the YRC board for some great reading on how valuable that union is to those drivers.

That last MOU got Hoffa paid. And then all the YRC CEO's got massive raises. Thanks to the drivers taking less. Slide over to the YRC board for some great reading on how valuable that union is to those drivers.
Run like hell from the Union! You'd be better off just hoping the greedy CEO'S will give you a decent wage than have to deal with with corrupt union officials too. The Union is only there to protect the CEO's now!

You all just hope and pray that you all have a job after its all said in done.Im watching and all of us at other ltl companies are watching.Its a shame to what all that has happened to all working people in America.Corporate heads have gained way more than the economy allowed.All the while us working people have been given the shaft or shown the door.God Bless you all.

YRC's upper management all got raises and BIG BONUSES !! and come on now you can't expect them to live on food stamps ? and we know our -15% went for good BONUSES !!!! so yeah SLIDE over to YRC !!

YRC's upper management all got raises and BIG BONUSES !! and come on now you can't expect them to live on food stamps ? and we know our -15% went for good BONUSES !!!! so yeah SLIDE over to YRC !!
Its hard to believe that any (Union) person would be so negative things could be a lot worse, and your talk surly doesn't help the cause!

Its hard to believe that any (Union) person would be so negative things could be a lot worse, and your talk surly doesn't help the cause!
Alot worse ?? HOW ?? so after being beat down by yrc and pay&vac. & pension taken away , it is hard to be happy & cheerful , morale is broken & gone forever cause of yrc, so if you want to be happy after being beat down , then go right ahead & be a Happy Camper , more power to you .

You all just hope and pray that you all have a job after its all said in done.Im watching and all of us at other ltl companies are watching.Its a shame to what all that has happened to all working people in America.Corporate heads have gained way more than the economy allowed.All the while us working people have been given the shaft or shown the door.God Bless you all.
thanks
thank you and God Bless you!

Well let it happen. Then your pay and benefits will be no better than working at YRC. The union has no more power over the companys.
The union as you say has no power over the company for the simple reason of low membership . What the union needs is more membership . If The former con way drivers were to unionize that would start to bring more straight . The more members the more power the union has to fight for its members . When I started close to 50 years ago we were 100% union in Chicago and yeah we had strong union representation . Just talking facts not trying to **** off the nonbelievers .

The union as you say has no power over the company for the simple reason of low membership . What the union needs is more membership . If The former con way drivers were to unionize that would start to bring more straight . The more members the more power the union has to fight for its members . When I started close to 50 years ago we were 100% union in Chicago and yeah we had strong union representation . Just talking facts not trying to **** off the nonbelievers .

The union has no power because the employees will accept anything because they are all so close to retirement. Until the baby boomers get out of the job market things are going to remain the way they are. Tell me that these cowards would have taken that MOU 20 years ago. 20 years ago, just tabling that thing, people would have died.

You mean like con job did? they said it was because of the economy, gave drives a pay reduction, and cut in benefits while increasing executive pay how's that working out ? how much did they give back?

Maybe just maybe if you all would go union.Maybe you all could thwart the acquisition of Conway from XPO.If not a Teamster maybe the Machinist union.All kinds of unions out there to hook up with.

Maybe just maybe if you all would go union.Maybe you all could thwart the acquisition of Conway from XPO.If not a Teamster maybe the Machinist union.All kinds of unions out there to hook up with.

I would imagine the terminals that already voted the union in will mysterious not be needed in the new operations.

Anyone who thinks drivers will be better off is dreaming! Superior Court Judge Jay M. Bloom in January ruled that employees at Pacer Cartage should have been classified as employees. XPO Logistics, which owns Pacer Cartage and Harbor Rail Transport, was ordered to pay $2 million in damages because they should not have classified truckers as independent contractors. The judge ordered Pacer to pay the seven drivers named in the suit damages for loss of wages and benefits that ranged between $85,632 to $387,936.

I would imagine the terminals that already voted the union in will mysterious not be needed in the new operations.
Once more - XPO does a LOT of intermodal , to my understanding , which is heavily union in the ports. I'm guessing XPO wouldn't have thought twice about buying Con-way if it were union or not.

Again , if a company is a great investment - well ran , profitable , with a good culture - does it matter if they're union or not?

UPS is one example. ODF is another. If the company is well ran what difference does a union make?

Because of the age requirements , almost every driver has had another job before coming to Con-way. No one is forced to stay at Con-way. A lot of us had union jobs for a long time. No matter what is posted on these boards , most of us want Con-way or whatever it becomes , to succeed - we just disagree on how to do it - sometimes.

Last edited:
Once more - XPO does a LOT of intermodal , to my understanding , which is heavily union in the ports. I'm guessing XPO wouldn't have thought twice about buying Con-way if it were union or not.

Again , if a company is a great investment - well ran , profitable , with a good culture - does it matter if they're union or not?

UPS is one example. ODF is another. If the company is well ran what difference does a union make?

Because of the age requirements , almost every driver has had another job before coming to Con-way. No one is forced to stay at Con-way. A lot of us had union jobs for a long time. No matter what is posted on these boards , most of us want Con-way or whatever it becomes , to succeed - we just disagree on how to do it - sometimes.
I was just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.