XPO | If XPO doesn't Rock us then go for the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that XPO is in something like 27 countries, and by having a designated carrier to move their freight in America, they will get even more foreign freight, since the Conway acquisition will allow them to give their foreign shippers a more accurate delivery date, which will help them recoup their investment into Conway in a short period of time.

Here in Cowtown, our terminal is up the road from the western rail yard. They will likely have hostlers running them all day. Our neighbors run hostlers up and down the street, anyway.

And we do have two full rail yards and two international airports here. We all fully expect to lose a bunch of freight. But with as much as he has his hands in we are expecting to be overwhelmed just the same.

The job posting is interesting. $18.00 an hour. For a zero endorsement CDL-A. We might end up with two tiers of drivers. The guy that can pull generic freight. And the guy with Hazmat/doubles/tanker.

With all that he already has in place. He sure don't need us for pulling containers. And not at what we cost to do it. We don't expect to see much if any dock time moving forward either. But this is just drivers talking it out. We still gotta wait and see.

Like it or not, radman...this 'transition' will have a major effect on how business is done at 'XPO-Way Freight'. One quick way for XPO to 'recoup' some of the billions it spent to buy Conway Freight is to cut wages and benefits immediately. Those savings are realized instantly. Brace for impact, boys!
Remember not to feed the trolls. They don't know us and they don't really care. I was a CWX DSR, then a Con-Way Freight DSR, and now am a XPO Logistics DSR and I am not scared of what might be or could be. I made almost $1800 last week and that = mortage paid, food in the fridge, and Momma is happy. Life is good and I think its going to get better. Lets all move and groove, hammer down, and have a safe trip cmon.

He has bought so much stuff so fast. His stock took a big hit. He over reached a bit with Con-way right after he just spent $3 billion on that LTL in Europe. He has said that his acquisitions need to be backed off a bit for a while. And that they need to focus on growing what they have. He went from damn near nothing 3 years ago to $15 billion in revenue now and wants to be at $29 billion in revenue by 2019. Usually to talk like that is crazy. But this guy seems to be able to do what he says we will.
Wonder if "Dollar Bill" is his financial advisor?

I don't really think you hope you're wrong, I think that you are making an apples to oranges comparison between an employee/employer and a contractor/business relationship. What do you care if the new company screws over conway guys anyway, you don't have horse in this race, do you?
Well enjoy your oranges then. You post like a fos/manager would post. Are you one?

No. Dollar Bill is relaxing on a Hawaiian Island........with the money that he took from us.

It sounds like this XPO guy sits on more brains than Dollar Bill ever had.

Zollars is the father-in-law of our CEO over here at Saia. I keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't take any business advise from him...

I'd love to be able to scream and yell at some union patsy telling me what all he can do for me when I can see what all he has done for his current brothers and sisters.

If you have a nice house and a good family. Plenty will show up when invited.

If you live in a dump with misery as your only company. People tend not to show, even when you beg them.

I'm sure some idiot will jump in and claim his house is a mansion and his family is the Kennedys. The reality is that employees use the union scare to get attention and better treatment. If they actually wanted a union they would vote one in, regardless of managements speech. It's was dealing with management that got them to that point of bringing a union scare, in the first place.

I'd love to be able to scream and yell at some union patsy telling me what all he can do for me when I can see what all he has done for his current brothers and sisters.

If you have a nice house and a good family. Plenty will show up when invited.

If you live in a dump with misery as your only company. People tend not to show, even when you beg them.

I'm sure some idiot will jump in and claim his house is a mansion and his family is the Kennedys. The reality is that employees use the union scare to get attention and better treatment. If they actually wanted a union they would vote one in, regardless of managements speech. It's was dealing with management that got them to that point of bringing a union scare, in the first place.
Let me guess...you're at the Laredo terminal?

Enjoy your nation in decline where corporations who are dedicated to noone own your government highspeeds.
Because YOU decided it was best to let them.

Enjoy your nation in decline where corporations who are dedicated to noone own your government highspeeds.
Because YOU decided it was best to let them.

The union failed this country. Greed. Brothers turned on brothers for money. I didn't choose that.

You choose it now.
You turn on us.

We are the only way to keep this nation from collapse.
No other group fights to keep jobs and standards here like we do.
The trade deficit is cause of all government deficits.
No tax breaks/deals will keep jobs here. No change in regulation will keep jobs here.
Only combined monies to stop the trade deals pushed by corporations will keep jobs here....the faster our numbers decline the faster jobs leave.
As you choose to give your employer(a corporation dedicated to no locality) all power in your life....they take all power you surrender....the biggest being your political economic voice in your workplace and in your government. Without monetary input and commitment you have no voice.
Look at DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.