If you could change one thing...

WildHeart

TB Veteran
Credits
If you could change one thing about your current job, career or choices you've made..what would that one thing be?

If you could change one thing about your current job, career or choices you've made..what would that one thing be?

a long time friend once told me, as we travel down the road of life, we come to a fork in that road. we stop, think for a minute or two, then take the fork we think will work out.

as we travel that chosen path, if we do not like the results, we simply wait for the next fork in the road, and take another. if we do like what we had chosen, we simply stay on the same road.

if I could change anything, i'd back track to that day when I chose truck driving, and not do it again.

What would you have done or liked to do instead?
I should have stayed in the auto repair business. too many jobs in the service dept of dealerships that I could have done, up to service director.

in my next life, i'm gonna be edumacated in plumbing.

or maybe

funeral home director/embalmer.....

Honestly, I wouldn't change anything. It's both the good and the bad that make us who we are today. At one point in my life I was at rock bottom. Homeless and not knowing where my next meal will come from. That made me who I am today.

I'm very happy with my current job and my personal life.

Not job / career related ( sort of ) but i would make social security available to invest yourself instead of giving it to NASA so they can look at pluto and play with robots on mars.

Not job / career related ( sort of ) but i would make social security available to invest yourself instead of giving it to NASA so they can look at pluto and play with robots on mars.

Okay, I am with you on the investing social security yourself in a program called "keep your own money" program, however it's the Space program you would defund?...out of all the asinine, crazy crap funded by our government that's the program that ruffles you? Lol...priorities.
I could think of thousands of programs I would defund besides that one. At least it furthers science and furthers exploration.

Okay, I am with you on the investing social security yourself in a program called "keep your own money" program, however it's the Space program you would defund?...out of all the asinine, crazy crap funded by our government that's the program that ruffles you? Lol...priorities.
I could think of thousands of programs I would defund besides that one. At least it furthers science and furthers exploration.
I would cut funding for the APCI..(The American Pop Corn Industry)

I hear they send tons of pop corn to under privileged people around the world.

poor Orville, can't catch a break.

I could list a bunch of things I might have had more courage to do sooner, besides having children, lol. Trucking isn't one of those things I regret because quite frankly I learned so much and truly had a ball doing it. I might have stayed in Colorado and continued to pursue UPS since I was running peak season for them. I might should have gone into electrical, gotten my apprenticeship when I was younger and I might have taken over my dad's business before he retired, he always says he regrets telling me he wouldn't pass the business on. When in hindsight he agrees I would have ran with it and done well.
I wish I could have met Brian sooner, I have a horrible urge to have babies with him, and he freaks out when I mention it. Lol he says he's to old to have anymore babies. I guess 4 is our limit, Haha

I wish I could have met Brian sooner, I have a horrible urge to have babies with him, and he freaks out when I mention it. Lol he says he's to old to have anymore babies. I guess 4 is our limit, Haha

a man is NEVER too old to make babies. it's the women who CAN BE too old to bear them.

I say go for it. hide the contraptions, and get preggo.

Firstly, I can't hide the contraceptives...they are installed. :1036316054: secondly the last thing I need to do is have a child that he resents when he wanted to be off on some vacation with me but we are at home with our fifth child trying to get them raised and out of the house. ;):17113:

Firstly, I can't hide the contraceptives...they are installed. :1036316054:
call Sears Home Service, they can uninstall anything..:hysterical:

secondly the last thing I need to do is have a child that he resents when he wanted to be off on some vacation with me but we are at home with our fifth child trying to get them raised and out of the house. ;):17113:

he will not resent any kid as beautiful as you can bear him. you all can still go on vacations, just tuck away little junior in a suitcase and check him in at the airport. as for kicking your others out of the house, that's ok, you'll have this new one to fill in any gaps of empty nesters...:hysterical:

call Sears Home Service, they can uninstall anything..:hysterical:

he will not resent any kid as beautiful as you can bear him. you all can still go on vacations, just tuck away little junior in a suitcase and check him in at the airport. as for kicking your others out of the house, that's ok, you'll have this new one to fill in any gaps of empty nesters...:hysterical:

You don't have to convince me!! I WANT another one. Lol

it furthers science and exploration ? and what have we done with the info since the apollo launch ? Answer; NOTHING and the true facts are everyone isnt going to benefit from this in the long term because of the long distance and the cost to get off this planet. There is also no way to confirm people can survive on other planets.

in short i have no problem with high powered telescopes mounted on a space station for observations but now the elected clowns think we all can jump on a plane / rocket and live there ??? LOL yea you read it right its ridiculous and a TOTAL waste of money !

it furthers science and exploration ? and what have we done with the info since the apollo launch ? Answer; NOTHING and the true facts are everyone isnt going to benefit from this in the long term because of the long distance and the cost to get off this planet. There is also no way to confirm people can survive on other planets.

in short i have no problem with high powered telescopes mounted on a space station for observations but now the elected clowns think we all can jump on a plane / rocket and live there ??? LOL yea you read it right its ridiculous and a TOTAL waste of money !
I guess I am not necessarily defending the space program, just of all the things I would take out first it wouldn't be on my top ten yet. Lol