FedEx Freight | If you don't like your job, leave.

freightslave

TB Lurker
Credits
In our preshift this morning our ccm was giving us the results from the company survay.The result on job satisfation and management relations was given a low percentage by workers.So the ccm came out and said "If you don't like your job, leave"
He also said six dockworkers were sent home because of there slow performance.
And it could happen to us.If the numbers are not going to change.
Has anybody else had these meetings?

From the Rock in Louisville

Nothin' like that here in DAL.....yet. Sounds like he was pissed because he got SLAMMED!!
That's no way to run a terminal.

Welcome freightslave glad to have you here.

We have not had that meeting yet but here is something to think about . Maybe the terminal got such low marks because of the CCM and his poor demeanor towards us. I'll bet something was said to him and now he is trying to see who he can get to quit so there is less bad talk about the way things are going around there. I must agree with killmypc here the guy is not making any points with the workers and it is going to get worse for him as soon as people start calling GO and telling them our CCM is telling us to hit the road if we don't like it .

Smokestack

Smokestack said:
....the guy is not making any points with the workers and it is going to get worse for him as soon as people start calling GO and telling them our CCM is telling us to hit the road if we don't like it .

Smokestack
They probably already have....

I have heard the ccm at sgf has fired over 50 people. He's been called in on bunches, but he has a buddy at GO, I won't mention names......

Overall I don't think we are going that way it is just that we have some bad managers that work for us and are making a bad name for us out there.

We were supposed to hsve that meeting this week, but we've got big wheels coming in so we haven't had it. However our results from the survey were pretty good. I think our average was a 4, on the 1-5 scale. We scored the highest in Memphis district. Meaning that DCU was the most satisfied with our managers and our jobs. We really are quite lucky to have such good management here. Sorry to hear it going that bad out there in LOU. I sure would be calling HRO and letting them know-enough of you guys tell off and home office with be crawling up ya'lls ccm's butt. He might lay off then.

You have CCX ex management getting hired buy our great management team at GO, THEY WONT REALIZE THIS UNTILL ITS TOO LATE. Some of you might think im a little wacky in saying this but i for one know 1st hand as our CCM and 2 of his management are from CCX and ive had runnins allready with 2 of them 1 being the ccm whos put that infamous target on my back. EX CCX MANAGEMENT PRACTICES ARE SLOWLY TAKING OVER.

Its the same at my place.How can we screw you so we look better.If you dont like it and speak your mind or, call the hill about ANYTHING. You will pay sometime down the road. I had been hoping that things would change since Fedex bought us. Maybe it has a little....not much. It seems that all we(hourly,mileage employees ) are is a way to make a name for yourself by seeing how much you can move up by trashing us. We need NEW management at our place PLEASE. I love my job!!!!! We just need GOOD mgt. Someone who actually puts employees first, maybe there is no such person. But there has got to be better people that the backstabbing smile in your face phoneys we have.

I don't want to seem too negative here,,, but since the subject came up....... Every night at the hub I drive to, we break trailers that don't need it. Such as Dayton 'proper' Dayton 'group'. Its all going to the same place,, but we spend alot of extra time making the "supervisor" look good.. Thats all its about. Cost's the company a bunch of extra money, and gets us home alot later... That includes fighting rush hour traffic on two lane roads we could avoid... And of course getting "our" freight back later than needed... Does anyone care ? Naw... Its all about manegment looking good...
Ok,,, I'm done,,, for now...

Same thing here i work inbound in the mornings and i have moved 8 or 10 skids that are nosed up to get make it look like we moved more weight. They have even had me move nosed up frt that was decked up to an empty. Its all in the numbers.

glenn said:
Same thing here i work inbound in the mornings and i have moved 8 or 10 skids that are nosed up to get make it look like we moved more weight. They have even had me move nosed up frt that was decked up to an empty. Its all in the numbers.

Or the "supervisors" bonus,,, at the expense of us "smaller" people... And of course if you think about it,, that Extra un-needed dock time effects the rest of our bonus's ,,, due to costing the company the Extra money doing un-needed work....

I hear you guys....some things dont make sense, I once had a top level exec who visited our center at another company tell me: "the way to make money in the freight business, is to headload as much as you can so it doesnt have to be broken" I believe he was right, but when it comes down to numbers, and, being able to control them to make yourself look better, it transcends all reason. These guys can, and most times will, do what makes them look good when they have no other way to perform. Its just like pencil whipping numbers, bring back freight that will constitute a valid redel. charge, and get you in trouble with brinbacks, whip it into looking like it wasnt your fault, keeps the RM off yer butt. Its the only way ...... dishonesty, I couldnt be a CCM, cause I believe in doing things right, whether it gets me into trouble or not.

I couldnt be a CCM, cause I believe in doing things right, whether it gets me into trouble or not.

10-4 LoneStar... Here too...

365Volare said:
I couldnt be a CCM, cause I believe in doing things right, whether it gets me into trouble or not.

10-4 LoneStar... Here too...

Same here !
Smokestack :USA:

Loading trailers the best way or just shoving as much freight in as you can comes down to one thing. Can you find enough drivers to pull all the trailers. It makes far more sense to load each trailer with only one terminals freight, providing you have enough to fill it. The reallity is we just can't hire enough drivers to move that many trailers every night. Sacramento had a hiring goal starting last spring for line drivers. Not only did we not meet it, we were just able to maintain status quo. Until some on figures out a way to manufacture drivers the freight will continue to be a mess when offloaded.

We had a former CEO that was the presenter at one of our quarterly meetings in Bkf. One of his favorite cliches was "If you don't like it, the door is over there." This was his response to a rather pointed question from a P&D driver. His next sentence was to an empty room.:hysterical:

That is the first Sure sign a company will fail,,, be it today or a couple years from now.. treat your employees like crap,, like they are "expendable". I seem to have heard there tends to be a shortage of Qualified drivers across the country right now.. I may be mistaken... (wouldn't be the first time)... If someone gives you a dime,, but it costs 15 cents to buy a piece of bread,,, like someone is doing now,,,,, ......

SCM at my center has said those EXACT same words on 2 seperate occasions. Definately not a friendly work environment. I think that if in general your people aren't totally satisfied, that maybe those that the survey is targetting for assessment...should look in the mirror. FYI...when my SCM is on holiday things run so smooth and morale is much higher. :BinLaden-Cow:
So could we rephrase that and say that if we don't like him then he should leave??????:bicycle: