FedEx Freight | If you don't like your job, leave.

Too funny,
At a previous co I worked for I did alot of managment jobs like routing and such even though I was just a driver.
One manager asked me if I wanted to be in management, I told him no thanks, I have been here almost 10 years and have seen 6-7 managers come and go, I think my job is more secure,lol.

FM

10-4 Copy that!!!!!!

I just had a talk with my ccm about the phone. Per policy, no talking while driving. Evidently somewhere in system,(east) 2or3 drivers have recieved write ups due to talking while driving. Seems they were called in by someone out of the company. I dont answer phone, when I stop I check phone. It is against policy to use while driving, it should be against policy for managers to call unless you are shut down.

Per policy,,,,, Try state law, If you get into a accident and you were using a cell phone ,you will be hung by state law, and when the co. get's a hold of you, you will be fired, so they can look good in the eyes of the public.

I do not want to stereotype fdxf, ladies and gentalmen , but business is business....

Call

Talk to someone in Risk Management or Workers Comp dept. Tell them what you have told us if this is exactly what happened . Don't quit , I beg you to rethink this decision . You have a good job and future with Fed Ex Frt. don't let a crappy CCM run you off man ! I have had 6 in 11 years needless to say there were a few who hated me and I felt the same about them. They played all the games to tried to kill me with hand unloads , job sites and food warehouses sort and segs , but I survived and will not succumb to the ignorance of others that think they will force a good dependable driver from his lively hood. Don't run away.
Don't call Worker's Comp. dept. all they will do is listen to ya maybe write some gibberish story down tell ya that they honestly care about your problem!!!!! B-LLS-IT, I gotHURT FEB/04 i still too day am unable to lift anything heavy,i cant even lift a gallon of milk with my arm strectched forward past elbow height,they { Worker's cOMP } HAD JUST STOPPED PAYING MY DOCTOR'S AND THERAPY VISIT'S BECAUSE THEY SAID I REINJURED MYSELF SO THEY SENT ME TO A 2ND TIME TO GET EVALLUATED AND GUESS WHAT THE 2ND DOCTOR SAID THE SAME THING AS THE 1ST EVALUATED DOCTOR SAID THAT MY DOCTOR HAS SAID ALL ALLONG BECAUSE I RUSHED AND FORCED { U LOOSE HEALTH BENEFIT'S AFTER 6 MONTH'S OF BEING OFF WORK,U CAN PAY COBRA BUT WHO CAN AFFORD IT COBRA PLUS YOUR REGULAR BILL'S } BACK TO WORK I HAVE NEVER HAD THE TIME TO HEAL PROPERLY SO NOW I HAVE TOO GO BACK TOO THERAPY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR JUST TO TOLD BY MY DOCTOR THAT I NEED SURGURY AGAIN OH WORKER'S COMP TELL'S ME THAT YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED IN HOME EXCERSIZE EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE NO TELL ME THAT WORKER'S COMP CARE'S I CAN'T DO SQUAT S-IT WITH MY RT ARM,AND SOME PEOPLE THAT KNOW TELL TOO QUIT WHINING I GOT HURT ON THE JOB ALLMOST 2 YEAR'S AGO AND STILL FIGHTING TO GET FIXED PROPERLY BY THE PENCIL PUSHER'S DOWN IN HARRISON , IT'S ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$ PROFIT MARGAIN'S:duh: :maddance3: :thumbsdown:

Sorry it had to be said.

I don't have anything good to say about our little nasty group in Workers Comp down there either.
How can you possibly get hurt driving a truck unloading frt is the motto there in that cubby.
Of course they have all done that so they know you can't get hurt pulling a 2500 lb skid alone while the guy on a forklift sits at the back of your truck on his forklift waiting for you because he can't climb up there with you .

Ok enough of my venting ....

Whatever the bottom line is that the situation that our driver was involved in with that CCM & auditor need to brought to somebody's attention for the good of all of us drivers .

You should call GO and talk to somebody down there in regards to this. Don't let a jerk like this run you off from a good job. Also you are correct in the statement that your responsibility is to your family and coming home safe every night. Call him in !!!
HR this is a live person @ GO.
800-874-4723 X2769

And the Alert Line is (New name for In Touch Line)
866-423-3339 this goes to Fed Ex Corp in Memphis and then is fwd to Harrison.

SJO corporate didn't care. When contacted, the TM gives a totally different account and saves his own butt. This has been happening too long. Drivers are actively looking at our SC.

Talk to someone in Risk Management or Workers Comp dept. Tell them what you have told us if this is exactly what happened . Don't quit , I beg you to rethink this decision . You have a good job and future with Fed Ex Frt. don't let a crappy CCM run you off man ! I have had 6 in 11 years needless to say there were a few who hated me and I felt the same about them. They played all the games to tried to kill me with hand unloads , job sites and food warehouses sort and segs , but I survived and will not succumb to the ignorance of others that think they will force a good dependable driver from his lively hood. Don't run away.

I talked to someone in loss prevention -- who agreed with me completely-- I had photo's, DR's and BOL's to support my case. I got called in to the TM's Office with both the TM and OM and the door was closed and I was ripped a new one -- everyone in the office heard what happend. I was told that "We keep terminal problems at the terminal and my concerns were not valid-- despite the concern from LP.
When my safety is put at risk and I am not sure I'll be able to go home at the end of my shift, and problems aren't resolvede, it is time to move on -- 15 years with the company or not.

Life is too short for this kind of BS from a suit/pencil pusher. There are a lot of companies hiring right now -- even through Xmas. I'll suck it up and take the c### a little longer while I research other places, but this attitude from the GO and terminal management doesn't fly with me.

Every TM would like to keep things in house, especially if they are breaking the rules. We need to reserve the option of taking the matter upstairs so to speak to keep them in line. And seeing that they resorted to harassment after you went upstairs I'd be making another call to let them know about this also. Keep you chin up and be a fighter. Don't let these guys take you down, just be aware of that line and don't cross it. Good luck.

Fed Ex Frt treats drivers poorley.

This is appalling. You are right Daredevil he was covering his a$$ big time. What about the auditor ? Did you get his name off his badge ? This is the way I guess , just retaliate against us like that. I guess it should of went to Memphis. I'm sorry for telling you to do this.

This is appalling. You are right Daredevil he was covering his a$$ big time. What about the auditor ? Did you get his name off his badge ? This is the way I guess , just retaliate against us like that. I guess it should of went to Memphis. I'm sorry for telling you to do this. I will mention this to a friend.

Always call Memphis first!!! The good old boys in HRO will always cover for each other!!

I'm sorry for telling you to do this.

NEVER be sorry for giving good advice that is well thought out and from the heart.

In life there are just some people who are down right nasty people and there is no reasoning with them.

That said, I will be keeping my mouth shut tight until I have a new job or am fired ( as of this morning I have an attorney).
FedEx is no Viking. Randy and Dick B were good men to work for -- what we have now only looks at numbers and not the person.

I am a professional driver and have over 700K city miles (documented) accident and incident free. I am worth more in the marketplace both in terms of respect and pay than FedEx is willing to pay me.

Thanks for the advice but this is no longer a company -- it is a corporation and its focus is on shareholder value. If you want to make a difference or effect some change, get every driver to purchase 5-10 shares of FedEx stock then as a group address the board, only then will you have a voice. Unions aren't needed to deal with publicly held companies -- stockholders hold more power than a simple union.

"How can I not cross a line that is both blurry and constantly moving without my knowledge?"

when you call, have the facts down in writing. Whether it is one incident or several incidents remain calm and collected, state the facts and why you are upset with the way your supervisor has handled the situation. Don't yell, cuss, whine or do anything that may have you looking unprofessional.

Your My Hero Youngster

did it ever cross your mind ?????? THAT MAYBE BECAUSE YOUR NOT related to anyone . WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY I THINK THEY MEAN RELATIVE:hysterical: