If you were going to be an O/O what kind of truck would you buy?

Ah heck just for kicks I would like my dad's old B-67 thermodine triplex 2 sticker with an air tag,shaker boxes for traction and don't forget the belt drive for the tandems, but now i'm really showing my age "nuff said just having fun
I would have a stroke trying to figure out how to drive that beast!!

This:

bRAIUcy.jpg
I would like to have that piece of awesome just to drive to work! The guys would freak out!!

I would have a stroke trying to figure out how to drive that beast!!
Not that hard,just wrap your arm thru the wheel and don't get both sticks in nutral at he same time. Nice big old black smoke out the stack and not going anywhere very fast,we had 3 of these 2-B67's and 1-B-63 which was a tandem w/ a4 wheeler trl. Lots of coils hauled with these old girls. Oh I forgot NO POWER STEERING just a big old wheel w/armstong steering. Ah yes when trucker's were the white knights on the road"nuff said back to dream land

It's because a glider is shipped from the factory without an engine and rear ends Fitzgerald puts the engines transmissions and the rear ends in them....the engines are 12.7 liter Detroit diesels which were manufactured in 2004 so they were before the emissions so there is no regeneration no def to put in the truck you just put fuel in it and go.. .I had a Coronado from Fitzgerald it was never in the shop for being broke down or anything just in the shop to be greased and oil change...it's one of the best trucks have had..260 inch wheelbase too....I'm now stuck in a stinking Volvo I hate them things.

I used to have a picture of it on here but I can't find it no more

Hey Stimpy...I liked those vids, why do they call them glider kits? I don't understand?

It's because a glider is shipped from the factory without an engine and rear ends Fitzgerald puts the engines transmissions and the rear ends in them....the engines are 12.7 liter Detroit diesels which were manufactured in 2004 so they were before the emissions so there is no regeneration no def to put in the truck you just put fuel in it and go.. .I had a Coronado from Fitzgerald it was never in the shop for being broke down or anything just in the shop to be greased and oil change...it's one of the best trucks have had..260 inch wheelbase too....I'm now stuck in a stinking Volvo I hate them things.

I used to have a picture of it on here but I can't find it no more
Ok, I actually remember your truck Stimpy, you did post it and it was awesome, now I remember it all, just took you to jog my brain!! I want a Pete with their engine tranny and rears in it!!

The A & AT Ford models replaced the Ford Louisville line. This was a new cab design. I think Ford built these in 97 & 98 at the Kentucky plant. Sterling then bought Ford heavy truck division & built them at the Canadian plant from 1999 till 2009. The Sterling model pictured above would have been an AT9513 Ford. Sterling used similar numbers on the tractors.
Oh, ok, I thought it was called a 9000 or something? Or the Aeromax??????

Pro, the Louisville Ford had the badge "Aeromax" in later years. The Louisville line was called the "L" line. The L 9000 was the class 8 tractor while the L 8000 was the class 6. The shorter hood model was usually called the LN. The LTL had the long hood & is what you probably remember. Ford redesigned their heavy truck line & designated them A or AT & built them at the Kentucky plant in 97 & 98. The pic you posted is a Sterling but is identical to the A & AT Ford. The A & AT were lighter than the "L " series & supposedly more aerodynamic. They had composite doors & a lot of plastic all through & especially the dash. The N series Cummins & Series 60 because of their height would not fit in an L series without a slight slant & required a special flywheel housing. There was no special problems with the slant in fact I think it helped reduce vibration. If you are an old guy you probably remember the Chrysler "Slant 6", so slanted engines were nothing new. The A & AT Ford & Sterlings would accept the taller engines without slanting. Sterling continued to use similar numbers & letters ( A9__ & AT9__) on the units they built.
I don't have any pics of the Fords but there are probably pics of Fords & Sterlings on the Truckpaper or Auctiontime sites.

Ah heck just for kicks I would like my dad's old B-67 thermodine triplex 2 sticker with an air tag,shaker boxes for traction and don't forget the belt drive for the tandems, but now i'm really showing my age "nuff said just having fun
What "age" R Ye "showing"??
I was 5 when Kennedy was assassinated, oops, dangit, "showing my age".....CHEERS!!....end of line