I'm addicted to reading

i get very bored when reading a simple magazine article. my attention span just isn't what some others have.

God knows the books i have tried to read, but it just isn't for me.

but i envy those of you that can sit down to a great book and fully enjoy the contents.

my only real question is, once you buy a book and read it...what do you do with it..??

i mean, it usually goes on the book shelf, but does anyone go back and read it all over again, knowing the out come ahead of time..???

then if one goes the the library, you only have x number of days to read it. what if one does not read it to the end, do you have to call the library to renew it, or do you have to go in person to do so..???

at least (for me) if i come across a great magazine article, i can (and often do), cut out the article, and keep it in a binder for future reference....

can't really do that with a book you own, or take from the library.

i get very bored when reading a simple magazine article. my attention span just isn't what some others have.

but i envy those of you that can sit down to a great book and fully enjoy the contents.

my only real question is, once you buy a book and read it...what do you do with it..??

i mean, it usually goes on the book shelf, but does anyone go back and read it all over again, knowing the out come ahead of time..???

then if one goes the the library, you only have x number of days to read it. what if one does not read it to the end, do you have to call the library to renew it, or do you have to go in person to do so..???

at least (for me) if i come across a great magazine article, i can (and often do), cut out the article, and keep it in a binder for future reference....

can't really do that with a book you own, or take from the library.

The libraries I use now a days do everything online. I get just about all of my books from second hand stores that support everything from battered woman to stray animals. I'll go to one of my favorite stores and buy books in great condition for about a dollar each. After I read them, I take them back and re-donate them.

I reread particularly good books several times.My library currently has a little over 3000 volumes, I probably have one of the best transportation related collections around, I'm currently reading 'Perfidia'by James Ellroy (who wrote 'LA Confidential')its an early '40s cop novel also set in LA with many of the same characters from 'Confidential'. Next book is 'Redeployment' by Phil Klay about Marines fighting in Iraq.

Mrs. mud gave me three books for Xmas. Tales of the South Pacific, Hawaii, And The Bridges at Toko-ri.
All by James A. Michener. One of my favorite authors.

I sure can relate to that! I wonder if Ritalin would help us out, they didn't have that when I was in school and probably could have used it. What puzzles me even more is...how can someone read a 'bad book'? I can barely read a good one and to read a bad one? I couldn't do it if my life depended on it.

I sure can relate to that! I wonder if Ritalin would help us out, they didn't have that when I was in school and probably could have used it. What puzzles me even more is...how can someone read a 'bad book'? I can barely read a good one and to read a bad one? I couldn't do it if my life depended on it.
I like the ones with lots of girly pictures in them... usually a interesting read. Oh never mind. ...those are magazines. ...lol:438:

I like the ones with lots of girly pictures in them... usually a interesting read. Oh never mind. ...those are magazines. ...lol:438:
And I'd bet that your exaggerating on how much you're actually 'reading'.

And I'd bet that your exaggerating on how much you're actually 'reading'.
The big excuse for Playboy was "oh but they have really interesting articles" and the response "yeah right...articles", I know I always had a book with me in the sleeper and it would help me get relaxed, if I was moteling, it was all about the TV and a good remote.

i like the girly pics on video........oh wait...that's yet another unmentionable....

The big excuse for Playboy was "oh but they have really interesting articles" and the response "yeah right...articles", I know I always had a book with me in the sleeper and it would help me get relaxed, if I was moteling, it was all about the TV and a good remote.
what articles...???

have you seen the number of ads in that magazine...??

you gotta have a weed whacker to get thru the ads......

Lol... is that what you call it. ...:438:
embarrassed.gif

I read the Albuquerque Journal every day, comics first. My favorite is Phoebe and Her Unicorn. Helps to keep the brain working.

Last edited: