I'm Back..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I don’t give a **** if we agree about climate change.

Arnold Schwarzenegger·Monday, December 7, 2015
    I see your questions.
    Each and every time I post on my Facebook page or tweet about my crusade for a clean energy future, I see them.
    There are always a few of you, asking why we should care about the temperature rising, or questioning the science of climate change.
    I want you to know that I hear you. Even those of you who say renewable energy is a conspiracy. Even those who say climate change is a hoax. Even those of you who use four letter words.
    I've heard all of your questions, and now I have three questions for you.
    Let's put climate change aside for a minute. In fact, let's assume you're right.
    First - do you believe it is acceptable that 7 million people die every year from pollution? That's more than murders, suicides, and car accidents - combined.
    Every day, 19,000 people die from pollution from fossil fuels. Do you accept those deaths? Do you accept that children all over the world have to grow up breathing with inhalers?
    Now, my second question: do you believe coal and oil will be the fuels of the future?
    Besides the fact that fossil fuels destroy our lungs, everyone agrees that eventually they will run out. What's your plan then?
    I, personally, want a plan. I don't want to be like the last horse and buggy salesman who was holding out as cars took over the roads. I don't want to be the last investor in Blockbuster as Netflix emerged. That's exactly what is going to happen to fossil fuels.
    A clean energy future is a wise investment, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either wrong, or lying. Either way, I wouldn't take their investment advice.
    Renewable energy is great for the economy, and you don't have to take my word for it. California has some of the most revolutionary environmental laws in the United States, we get 40% of our power from renewables, and we are 40% more energy efficient than the rest of the country. We were an early-adopter of a clean energy future.
    Our economy has not suffered. In fact, our economy in California is growing faster than the U.S. economy. We lead the nation in manufacturing, agriculture, tourism, entertainment, high tech, biotech, and, of course, green tech.
    I have a final question, and it will take some imagination.
    There are two doors. Behind Door Number One is a completely sealed room, with a regular, gasoline-fueled car. Behind Door Number Two is an identical, completely sealed room, with an electric car. Both engines are running full blast.
    I want you to pick a door to open, and enter the room and shut the door behind you. You have to stay in the room you choose for one hour. You cannot turn off the engine. You do not get a gas mask.
    I'm guessing you chose the Door Number Two, with the electric car, right? Door number one is a fatal choice - who would ever want to breathe those fumes?
    This is the choice the world is making right now.
    To use one of the four-letter words all of you commenters love, I don't give a damn if you believe in climate change. I couldn’t care less if you're concerned about temperatures rising or melting glaciers. It doesn't matter to me which of us is right about the science.
    I just hope that you'll join me in opening Door Number Two, to a smarter, cleaner, healthier, more profitable energy future.

pilot87 and Dick Dastardly like this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I believe that we have an overpopulated planet and that reducing deaths and extending lives only exacerbates that problem.

Woody, kboomarang, Rastus and 2 others like this.
  3. Magoo

I deeply appreciate your sacrifice, we will miss you:438:

pilot87, CCXdriver and Big Dave like this.
  4. ABFer

When I go, I go. I don't even want a chopper ride to the hospital. Shove me into a Cadillac station wagon with a cherry on top and if I make I make it, if I don't...well I won't even know the difference.

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

We are doing just fine in moving toward a cleaner future.
    I smile when I can smell a carbureted car pass by...
    When battery technology gets better, we'll be golden.

Why is the government forcing expensive retrofits?
    Could you imagine the "voter" being forced to retrofit their exhaust system on their older cars??

Nothing emits more carbon than human beings....especially me after a Mexican meal....

6. Magoo

LOL

I have the same feeling with the old cars, I like them but glad they are a rarity on the road.
    Sometimes I try to think if it was that bad at one time, I should have been revolted but I guess I accepted it as the norm.
    The China footage of smog on the news these days reminds me of the Los Angeles basin in the 1960-70's

pilot87 likes this.
  7. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

i think climate change remedies should start in china,iran and saudi arabia where visibility is under 1/4 mile on most days Otherwise we might as well admit we dont see who pollutes the most on this earth.

MuddleVanHeck likes this.
  8. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Say it ain't so, Arnold the poster boy for Humvee, the guy who's being whizzing around in the back seats of gas guzzling limo's since he was in his early 20's, cruising the sky in private jets for decades, filling the stratosphere with toxic fumes from $50 cigars, the list goes on and on for this tool, but hey, I guess at least the kid he had with the maid proves he doesn't approve of those smog beltching condom plants. Now that he's back he should go away.

9. ABFer

Now that's one funny rant. Mostly because it's right on the money.

10. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Really. Wonder how many tons of co2 were put out when he was with the maid.

Big Dave likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Preplan! Buy one of my fine, American made products!

pilot87 likes this.
  12. ABFer

Sorry Charlie, Ashes it is for me and spread across the Adirondacks, a place I love so well.

pilot87 likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

None of it matters if we let ISIS or Iran nuke us....

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Can't blame me for trying. .

pilot87 and ABFer like this.
  15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Buy one anyway. Donate it to the less fortunate

16. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Because the "Expensive Retrofit lobby" has gone "all out"......or would that be "all in"......

I hope the "Exhaust System Lobby" isn't as "active"........

Kabayo does.....especially after a "Dew binge"

Big Dave likes this.
  17. MuddleVanHeck

MuddleVanHeck Active Member

Okay, Arnold was the laughing stock of social media after he made his silly post, proving that, once again, the climate alarmists are freaky insane.

1. Carbon "monoxide" is a pollutant that affects your health. We've cleaned up our air drastically since the 1980's. But Arnold doesn't know that. How many Hummers did he own, btw? Anyone remember?

2. Carbon "dioxide" is what (some claim) 'changes the climate.' You realize it is a naturally-occurring gas that actually feeds all the life forms on our planet, right? The tiny amount from humans is so slight that it can barely be measured, especially compared to naturally-occurring CO2 emissions.

3. Climate shysters/fraudsters are counting on an uninformed, hysterical population so they can rob our children's future. Boy, did they ever get it.

The end.

18. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet that the Climate Change moonbats added in every car accident fatality into that number also, since it was a "fossil fuel" that was powering the vehicle.
    :regretful:

19. Northern Flash

Then it would make perfect sense to have pollution pumped into Chicago.

20. Northern Flash

Those countries were probably all invited to the Climate Change party in Paris.
    That's how much of a fraudulent cause that climate change is.