I'm done.

No not worse but when I'm there there are not allot of smiling faces. GT is right it is very physical , it will keep you in shape. Don't get hurt. I did this kind of work from 1979-1989 and was one ruff bastard but I still drive and am paying the toll now that I'm a older hand.

I need a good workout. Lol
Just go to your interview, hopefully you get on, I don't see why not, we will all help you any way possible, don't ask who I am, I won't ask who you are, this TruckingBoards is an awesome place, great information, but don't come into the yard trying to figure out who I am or anyone else, know this though, we will assist you in any way we can, your success is our success.

GT I don't blame you one bit for leaving. I know your calm now but if it does get better how long until it goes back to this? You know how sysco is and how they treat people. It won't change. It might for awhile but it'll go back to the way it was. I know how much you hate freight but maybe look into doing freight again. Unless there's a good private fleet to work for then I'd do that. Good luck GT. Give me a call one day bro

Do you have to join the union? Do you get better pay? Insurance?
I believe OK is right to work now. That said I don't know your views on unions, you'll be under the contract either way, but at the very least talk to the steward about WHY that house is unionized and the benefits of joining before you make the decision not to.
I've worked for Sysco both Union and non. This company gives nothing away; in the non Union houses benefits are more expensive, there is no pension, and we went about three years with no raise once. Not to mention the ever changing rules and mgmnt's "take it or leave it" attitude. Believe me, they know who and how many drivers are members, fewer members=they'll play more games with you guys.

They just changed my meet to make me work 46 hours a week. I feel your pain. ;) There is more to life than work. If you aren't happy, change that.

Before everyone throws Sysco under the bus lets all keep things in perspective. A "good" job is different for nearly every one of us. What I think is a good job, may very well suck for you. In fact what I thought was a good job 20-25-30 years ago would suck today for me. I have never worked for Sysco but I did deliver there for many years and it was a grocery warehouse, not a day at the beach. I also have many friends who got the needed experience at Sysco to go on to Frito Lay, UPS, Jack Cooper and other good paying jobs. They may not have gotten their current jobs without Sysco on their resume. Would I want to work at Sysco now at 48 years old, probably not now but if I were young and needing to work my way up the trucking ladder, I would work there in a minute. Also I have a next door neighbor who has been in the warehouse in Sysco for 30 years and makes damn good money, has 6-7 weeks of vacation and is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, even after being around jackass truckers all day. If Grocery Thrower retires from Sysco in 20+ years, good for him, but if he chooses greener pastures then I hope he finds exactly what he is looking for. In my opinion peddling 10-30 stops a day will make you a damn good truck driver!

If OK is a right to work state you don't have to join. But I believe if you go to work for a union shop pay your dues. If I was the union steward I wouldn't stand up for you like I would with a dues paying member. Sorry if I seem like a ass but why should the others pay dues for the union benefits to have a non get the same treatment.

There is more to life then work. I don't want to work 60 hrs a week anymore. Yeah I want to make 60k a year but I want to enjoy my time with my family. I hope it works out for you at sysco if you get the job. Foodservice is steady but hard work

If OK is a right to work state you don't have to join. But I believe if you go to work for a union shop pay your dues. If I was the union steward I wouldn't stand up for you like I would with a dues paying member. Sorry if I seem like a ass but why should the others pay dues for the union benefits to have a non get the same treatment.

There is more to life then work. I don't want to work 60 hrs a week anymore. Yeah I want to make 60k a year but I want to enjoy my time with my family. I hope it works out for you at sysco if you get the job. Foodservice is steady but hard work
Yeah I don't know a whole lot about unions but I'm sure I'll learn

Before everyone throws Sysco under the bus lets all keep things in perspective. A "good" job is different for nearly every one of us. What I think is a good job, may very well suck for you. In fact what I thought was a good job 20-25-30 years ago would suck today for me. I have never worked for Sysco but I did deliver there for many years and it was a grocery warehouse, not a day at the beach. I also have many friends who got the needed experience at Sysco to go on to Frito Lay, UPS, Jack Cooper and other good paying jobs. They may not have gotten their current jobs without Sysco on their resume. Would I want to work at Sysco now at 48 years old, probably not now but if I were young and needing to work my way up the trucking ladder, I would work there in a minute. Also I have a next door neighbor who has been in the warehouse in Sysco for 30 years and makes damn good money, has 6-7 weeks of vacation and is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, even after being around jackass truckers all day. If Grocery Thrower retires from Sysco in 20+ years, good for him, but if he chooses greener pastures then I hope he finds exactly what he is looking for. In my opinion peddling 10-30 stops a day will make you a damn good truck driver!
I will be 48 in July Banker, I guess thats why I have little tolerance for the bull ::shit::, the older I get the less I want to put up with.

I believe OK is right to work now. That said I don't know your views on unions, you'll be under the contract either way, but at the very least talk to the steward about WHY that house is unionized and the benefits of joining before you make the decision not to.
I've worked for Sysco both Union and non. This company gives nothing away; in the non Union houses benefits are more expensive, there is no pension, and we went about three years with no raise once. Not to mention the ever changing rules and mgmnt's "take it or leave it" attitude. Believe me, they know who and how many drivers are members, fewer members=they'll play more games with you guys.
You are correct about everything Brother, each statement you are spot on as usual!!

They just changed my meet to make me work 46 hours a week. I feel your pain. ;) There is more to life than work. If you aren't happy, change that.
Thats it? 46 itty bitty hours? I would give a nutt to do my job and only work that few hours. Even on shuttle it can't be done around here.

You are blessed my friend.

I couldn't agree with you more on the no tolerance for BS. As long as they leave me alone I will hit it hard most of the time. I am grateful that for the most part my employer leaves me alone. If you can sling groceries at 47 you would probably make a good car hauler. its not for everyone but I enjoy it.

we have had so many guys quin in central pa. that they got guys coming in from other barns to do the runs. the funny part is that the v. pres. of operations doesnt care he said he can get all the drivers he needs but they put out a memo they will pay to get you a cdl. no takers pretty funny.