TForce | I'm now positive.

jalcam2006 said:
Hey all,

Im one of those guys that has been on the fence but leaning towards the union for a bit now. Heres a true situation taking place at my barn right now............there is a guy in my barn with 16.5 years, thats correct, 16.5 years of loyal, dedicated, work to OVNT and now UPSF. Long storey short is this guy runs the road and was told to put his uniform shirt on before he could get his trailers by a super. that he has had minor issues with before. Well words were said and at some point she claimed she felt "threatened" for her safety and the police are called and this guy is told to leave.

He is now being investigated, cant work, cant use any of his 4weeks vacation time and like all of us he has a family to feed. He has basically been told he is all done after 16.5 years over this. All of this started over a tee shirt which is not mandated until you leave the gates, not when you are hooking sets or doing dock work. Im sure there is more to the tale but the point is what lots of folks have been saying and that is we need some type of protection. This was not even UPS people but overnite people that did this to him. Im now 100% for the union coming in here and soon.
It has been a while since i posted, but I glad to hear people are changing their minds towards the union. The union is the better of the two evils. If the company wants to keep the union out, why can't they just give us a contract? Give us something in writing that says that they will follow the rules that they make up for us. But they don't want to lose that flexibility. The thing that sealed the deal fo me is in the hand book the company says they reserve the right to change the rules. So basically the only ones who have to follow the rules is us, the workers. To me that is not fair. Alot of people who don't want the union are comfortable at their terminal. They have worked with their manager or supervisor for years and have a good relationship with them. But these managers will not be around forever. Soon all our managers will be UPS people who want to make money and don't care about us individually.

Brown1 said:
It has been a while since i posted, but I glad to hear people are changing their minds towards the union. The union is the better of the two evils. If the company wants to keep the union out, why can't they just give us a contract? Give us something in writing that says that they will follow the rules that they make up for us. But they don't want to lose that flexibility. The thing that sealed the deal fo me is in the hand book the company says they reserve the right to change the rules. So basically the only ones who have to follow the rules is us, the workers. To me that is not fair. Alot of people who don't want the union are comfortable at their terminal. They have worked with their manager or supervisor for years and have a good relationship with them. But these managers will not be around forever. Soon all our managers will be UPS people who want to make money and don't care about us individually.
:duh: ......