Central Transport | I'm Officially a CT Douch !

HBG will officially become CT Monday morning,they are moving into our termial this weekend.We still haven't received any information on anything. I for one have many questions about this company. Simple questions that any terminal manager should be able to answer but so far anytime someone asks questions all they get is "you still have a job",sorry but that's just not quite good enough for me. Hopefully they will be able to answer my questions Monday morning other wise I will be shaking a lot of my coworkers hands(people i have become friends with over many many years). Truly do not wish to leave but it's kinda like going to a new job interview and accepting the job and knowing nothing about the company, just don't understand way they don't want to explain their company policies to us. Kind of makes one think they have a lot to hide.Wish everyone the best of luck on whichever path you choose take.

Let me clarify. I felt bad for him that Vitran screwed him over and left him for scraps. It is ashame it didn't work out for you all. Hopefully it all works out in the end. I personally feel CT and a paycheck beats unemployment any day. You can hold your head up and know you are making a paycheck and not getting a hand out. Tell the drivers ragging you to FO. Everyone has been on the downside at some point in their life.

I suppose you have a point, though I have not crossed over yet. I did speak with a friend who just got his first CT paycheck today, he told me that it DOES NOT SHOW HOURS WORKED OR RATE OF PAY.
Which means the only way to know if you just got shorted would be to divide the gross by what you think your hourly wage is to get your hours to compare with what you tracked on your own.

they're not telling us anything because they'll probably coming up with entire new rules in 2014 to screw us all and cover all the bases for themselves. that's when the rest of the promises become falsehoods.

Unfortunately, perception is reality. The customers perception is the true reality. So perception does matter, but is by no means a direct reflection of the employee behind the wheel. However, this is a direct reflection of the company that he or she drives for.

they're not telling us anything because they'll probably coming up with entire new rules in 2014 to screw us all and cover all the bases for themselves. that's when the rest of the promises become falsehoods.

lots of FedEx people were with vitran don't be surprised if that vitran rule book we all signed now has a yellow cover on it!

I suppose you have a point, though I have not crossed over yet. I did speak with a friend who just got his first CT paycheck today, he told me that it DOES NOT SHOW HOURS WORKED OR RATE OF PAY.
Which means the only way to know if you just got shorted would be to divide the gross by what you think your hourly wage is to get your hours to compare with what you tracked on your own.

they actually have at the check in window a "drivers pay adjustment" sheet to sign up on if you think your check is messed up, with all the hours on the handheld why would you need a sheet like that, just put the # of hours and rate of pay on the check and all would be good, unless they don"t want DOT to be able to track you doing over 70 hours a week.

Called into work this saturday morning.....this f n blows. They are determined to make us hate them even more. I'll go in, but don't expect me to do much.

they actually have at the check in window a "drivers pay adjustment" sheet to sign up on if you think your check is messed up, with all the hours on the handheld why would you need a sheet like that, just put the # of hours and rate of pay on the check and all would be good, unless they don"t want DOT to be able to track you doing over 70 hours a week.

You guessed it. That is exactly why. Also heard that the sheet shows how much you cost the company by dragging your feet all day.

I stopped by the ct yard that i'm supposed to be working out of today (my son plays basketball across the street) and not a sole there i thought they were 27/7 operation ?

Ah hell heading to my tree stand all my errands are done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis M. says he has never signed any sheet, Abbey never handed him one at the end of the day. Does that mean he made the company money?

whether you made money or not your supposed to sign it, not very strictly enforced, I just did it every night so they couldn't write me up for violating policy