Central Transport | I'm Officially a CT Douch !

Don't think winning a popularity contest is at the top of anyone's mind who is taken away from their family.

Yup.. This is precisely it. Unlike some people, I like my peeps.. I miss them emensily, and Saturday is about the only day I get to see them. When you take that from me, it's can go up to 13 days were I don't see my kids.. So, you can why I can't stand working Saturdays. I prefer being popular at home anyway, it don't get you $&@$ at work being popular.

You and I will become famous soon. LOL
You mean infamous, right? :p

Yup.. This is precisely it. Unlike some people, I like my peeps.. I miss them emensily, and Saturday is about the only day I get to see them. When you take that from me, it's can go up to 13 days were I don't see my kids.. So, you can why I can't stand working Saturdays. I prefer being popular at home anyway, it don't get you $&@$ at work being popular.
Sunday is our big family day. It's really the only real day Hubby has off. Saturdays are hit or miss depending on if he takes a nap from driving the night before.

Family is what this life is all about...My children are my world.....Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.

To my child.....You are the trip I did not take.....You are the pearls I cannot buy.....You are my blue Italian lake.....You are my piece of foreign sky.....Anne Campbell

It 's. embarrassing pulling their junk around..especially when you're getting ragged on by other drivers from OD, UPS, Dayton, etc.. It all depresses me.

Seriously? A Vitran driver is talking about pulling junk around?
Today I saw a Vitran tractor with the dash being held up by a 4x4. A trailer with a hole big enough for a child to fall through.
And a dolly with more rust a 52 Ford. Atleast CT fixes there equipment

Honestly, I'm no fan of CT. That said, BOTH companies can stop bragging about better equipment. They BOTH SUCK. The Central breakdown line is a JOKE. (It takes FOREVER to reach anyone.)

Well... I got my first central check this past Friday. . Im still getting paid the
Same. Got additional $60 for coming to all week. Didnt know about that.

Well... I got my first central check this past Friday. . Im still getting paid the
Same. Got additional $60 for coming to all week. Didnt know about that.
Who gets this? Just dock workers? Or drivers too?

What if the company leaves you home with no work for a day? Do you get the $60 if you come all week on the days there is work?

Honestly, I'm no fan of CT. That said, BOTH companies can stop bragging about better equipment. They BOTH SUCK. The Central breakdown line is a JOKE. (It takes FOREVER to reach anyone.)

that should change now that a former vitran driver is dispatching that area (or so I heard)

Seriously? A Vitran driver is talking about pulling junk around?
Today I saw a Vitran tractor with the dash being held up by a 4x4. A trailer with a hole big enough for a child to fall through.
And a dolly with more rust a 52 Ford. Atleast CT fixes there equipment

do you have pics showing the equipment, in my 13 years there I saw some poorly maintained equipment but never anything that bad, unless that was all headed for the junk pile and just being moved from a barn that was closed

Well for all of you guys that hate ctii/vitran so much but dont want to leave bcuz you got "alot of time" under your belt. Heres one for ya, the #1 city driver that worked for vitran 18 yrs ,and went to ctii and still was #1. Is offically leaving . The grass is much greener on the other side brothers. Spring is around the corner, we all know that is the best time to get your foot in the door at an outfit that, has company rules for you to know on day one, that pays you overtime before 55 hrs, that has direct deposit, that has insurance that isnt owned by your companys ceo. Etc etc etc. Good luck, the longer you stay the grumpier you will get, dont let this job get you to the point you are walking in your house and you are still mad at the world......

Well for all of you guys that hate ctii/vitran so much but dont want to leave bcuz you got "alot of time" under your belt. Heres one for ya, the #1 city driver that worked for vitran 18 yrs ,and went to ctii and still was #1. Is offically leaving . The grass is much greener on the other side brothers. Spring is around the corner, we all know that is the best time to get your foot in the door at an outfit that, has company rules for you to know on day one, that pays you overtime before 55 hrs, that has direct deposit, that has insurance that isnt owned by your companys ceo. Etc etc etc. Good luck, the longer you stay the grumpier you will get, dont let this job get you to the point you are walking in your house and you are still mad at the world......
Brother Southside you know me better than that.