Central Transport | I'm Officially a CT Douch !

Well for all of you guys that hate ctii/vitran so much but dont want to leave bcuz you got "alot of time" under your belt. Heres one for ya, the #1 city driver that worked for vitran 18 yrs ,and went to ctii and still was #1. Is offically leaving . The grass is much greener on the other side brothers. Spring is around the corner, we all know that is the best time to get your foot in the door at an outfit that, has company rules for you to know on day one, that pays you overtime before 55 hrs, that has direct deposit, that has insurance that isnt owned by your companys ceo. Etc etc etc. Good luck, the longer you stay the grumpier you will get, dont let this job get you to the point you are walking in your house and you are still mad at the world......

After 13 years I took the very advice you are making, went to a company only 3 miles from my house, out of LTL totally, from what I've seen and heard the first two days of orientation. I wish I would have made this move 10+ years ago. for the first time in years I actually feel like more than just a steering wheel holder and a number, really think I'll be hanging up my CDL when I leave here, for those of you in the Midwest area the company I went to is going head to head with walmart.

After 13 years I took the very advice you are making, went to a company only 3 miles from my house, out of LTL totally, from what I've seen and heard the first two days of orientation. I wish I would have made this move 10+ years ago. for the first time in years I actually feel like more than just a steering wheel holder and a number, really think I'll be hanging up my CDL when I leave here, for those of you in the Midwest area the company I went to is going head to head with walmart.

Hope that works out for you. Let us know in a month or so if you still feel that way.

Hope that works out for you. Let us know in a month or so if you still feel that way.

I'm quite sure I will, very nice being called by my first name and not my last like I'm some kind of property. and also very nice to be working for a company that has the drivers back and not throwing them under the bus non-stop.

it's been just over a month and I'm still in hogs heaven with the new job, so very glad I made the move, my dispatchers are very nice (one is even a former/part time driver) lots of miles (over 7000 so far in a month) good equipment (dot doesn't even take a second glance at us(that I know of)) only bad thing is I do have to work weekends, but I'm getting used to that and I also have business days off in place of it.

just scratching my nut sack and thinking all these lost souls from Vitran are finding new homes, that is beautiful, retribution is at hand, just remember every job has its B.S. and the new guy always finds out what it is...... you think life is better somewhere else , maybe it is but , sucks being low guy on pole, but you get to make a fresh start good luck .i'll miss you.

just scratching my nut sack and thinking all these lost souls from Vitran are finding new homes, that is beautiful, retribution is at hand, just remember every job has its B.S. and the new guy always finds out what it is...... you think life is better somewhere else , maybe it is but , sucks being low guy on pole, but you get to make a fresh start good luck .i'll miss you.

That actually sounded good for a change. 1 "Like" sent.

The only beautiful thing I can think of is that you will continue to drink the yellow Kool Aid and will most certainly retire from CT.

that ain't kool aid train, it's yellow though. everyday at c.t. is like being at the bottom of the totum pole at any other driving job. if you don't set the bar high, don't take pride in your work and like slave/jail working conditions then central transport is a perfect place.

it was a hard decision giving up 13 years of my life, but even at the bottom I'm a better person for it, working weekends won't go away for many years as I am with a 7 day a week 24 hour operation now, I actually make some of my best money on sat and sun.

it was a hard decision giving up 13 years of my life, but even at the bottom I'm a better person for it, working weekends won't go away for many years as I am with a 7 day a week 24 hour operation now, I actually make some of my best money on sat and sun.

I'm giving up a lot of time also... but the way Vitran guys are being treated, it's not really like giving up time at all. The sooner guys realize that their Vitran job is GONE- the better. The Pjax/Vitran spirit will always live in the hearts of the guys who lived it for so many years, but the job, pay, benefits, and hard working / hard running attitude is GONE.

I would rather be the low man at a GREAT company than the top man at a horrible company. -That said, be a great man wherever you are. You do not need a title to be a leader... you simply need to lead.

I'm giving up a lot of time also... but the way Vitran guys are being treated, it's not really like giving up time at all. The sooner guys realize that their Vitran job is GONE- the better. The Pjax/Vitran spirit will always live in the hearts of the guys who lived it for so many years, but the job, pay, benefits, and hard working / hard running attitude is GONE.

I would rather be the low man at a GREAT company than the top man at a horrible company. -That said, be a great man wherever you are. You do not need a title to be a leader... you simply need to lead.
Another great post..........Damn I should have come up with that one...Your starting to make me look bad JK.