Im Sad

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm sad one of my Monday stops which is a real popular big time place here in Cleveland is switching over to US Foods in early December. GFS has been doing this stop since they opened up about a year ago and I've actually grown to like them over the past 6-7 months and now there going away.

However the man who I deal with who orders the food and puts it all away said it was not by his choice he said him and the chef both objected, and wanted to keep Gordon's they said it was bigger powers that be higher up in the organization that wanted to force the change. He said "If it was up to me there would be no reason to switch. I've worked at other places that used US Foods in the past and I never cared for US Foods. The GFS drivers, sales people and the market place stores are all really really good and I can't get all of that out of US Foods." He then tells me "I told the chef and everyone else for the love of all things holy do not cancel our account at the GFS Marketplace store, because I know for a fact will be there on the weekend even though were now switching to US Foods and of course one of the reasons is because they want Saturday delivery, but you guys have market place stores open all weekend long and we get delivery on Friday so that's kind of weak reason."

At any rate though I'm sad to see them go and I'm sure GFS is too, I'm sure our sales team the actual salesman himself and the boss did what they could I know they did, but at last they come they go, and then sometimes they come back.

It's been funny we actually have gotten a lot of new business at our yard and I hear from a lot of customers "Yeah we like you guys a lot better then the company we had before." I remember one small catering place we did who ended up switching to RDP Food Service out of Columbus, Ohio (RDP is a real small time food service company out of Columbus, they pretty much focus on serving Pizza shops which is 90% of there business, there small there pay is probably a tad on the light side, there not a bad little company, but they aren't GFS either they drive nice trucks, but there not the massive interstate operation that GFS is with thousands of volume truck and doubles trucks out on the road every night. There just a little company with a few straight trucks a couple 28' trailers a few semi tractors and a couple converter dollys. The man said Were switching to RDP, but I have no complaints at all with the food from Gordon's I thought you guys have great food and really am going to miss you."

Who knew it was possible for people to have feelings so serious for a whole sale food distributor it's like a serious relationship break up ha-ha!

I'm sad one of my Monday stops which is a real popular big time place here in Cleveland is switching over to US Foods in early December. GFS has been doing this stop since they opened up about a year ago and I've actually grown to like them over the past 6-7 months and now there going away.

However the man who I deal with who orders the food and puts it all away said it was not by his choice he said him and the chef both objected, and wanted to keep Gordon's they said it was bigger powers that be higher up in the organization that wanted to force the change. He said "If it was up to me there would be no reason to switch. I've worked at other places that used US Foods in the past and I never cared for US Foods. The GFS drivers, sales people and the market place stores are all really really good and I can't get all of that out of US Foods." He then tells me "I told the chef and everyone else for the love of all things holy do not cancel our account at the GFS Marketplace store, because I know for a fact will be there on the weekend even though were now switching to US Foods and of course one of the reasons is because they want Saturday delivery, but you guys have market place stores open all weekend long and we get delivery on Friday so that's kind of weak reason."

At any rate though I'm sad to see them go and I'm sure GFS is too, I'm sure our sales team the actual salesman himself and the boss did what they could I know they did, but at last they come they go, and then sometimes they come back.

It's been funny we actually have gotten a lot of new business at our yard and I hear from a lot of customers "Yeah we like you guys a lot better then the company we had before." I remember one small catering place we did who ended up switching to RDP Food Service out of Columbus, Ohio (RDP is a real small time food service company out of Columbus, they pretty much focus on serving Pizza shops which is 90% of there business, there small there pay is probably a tad on the light side, there not a bad little company, but they aren't GFS either they drive nice trucks, but there not the massive interstate operation that GFS is with thousands of volume truck and doubles trucks out on the road every night. There just a little company with a few straight trucks a couple 28' trailers a few semi tractors and a couple converter dollys. The man said Were switching to RDP, but I have no complaints at all with the food from Gordon's I thought you guys have great food and really am going to miss you."

Who knew it was possible for people to have feelings so serious for a whole sale food distributor it's like a serious relationship break up ha-ha!

They do come and go, some are favorites and you hate to see them go, some all you can say is thank god, and its just the nature of the business and often happens when a new manager steps in and wants to make his mark, but you'll know when it's something with the company when you start losing a lot of the good ones.