Yellow | I'm so glad I left YRC (511)

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
Its been just over a year since I resigned from YRC (511) in Dallas with almost 12 years as a road driver and moved on. I can honestly say that after a lot of praying and weighing different options my family and I are all happy today with the decision to part ways with YRC. It was not an easy decision to make but I realized that what I was attempting to hold on to were memories from a company that does not exists anymore. Yellow is gone and Roadway is gone and the reason I went to this company years ago which was for the pension is also gone. I'm not running teams, I'm home more often, and nobody's taking 15% of my paycheck. In my opinion YRC does not care about its employees and the Teamsters are just as bad but I won't open up that can of worms. I wish everyone the best and I pray that YRC and the Teamsters can get things turned around for the sake of the members. God Bless and thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:
Man do you have a set or what ? You just insulted 25-35 thousand people all at once. There has to be some that are able to get a job somewhere. Come on Man, give them a break. :guiness:
Man do you have a set or what ? You just insulted 25-35 thousand people all at once. There has to be some that are able to get a job somewhere. Come on Man, give them a break. :guiness:

As long as you spell everything right, it's okay.:violin:

I agree! "Some" are able...

D9rH8nH.jpg

:shift:

Insults are only in the readers mind. He spoke his truth, his opinion, in a respectful manner. Anyone insulted had an agenda to be insulted... Funniest part, the ones claiming most insulted are the ones saying the IBT sold them out!

I will put my record up against anuone 34 years driving 31 here great record there's a lot reason's why some chose to stay and thereare far more with resons other than not being hireable
I illustrated absurdity by being absurd. But my driving record beats yours... And I'm sure there's others who best mine.

Started local 1970, Otr 77. Come Spring (hopefully), 4 million miles. Never know- could hit a moose in Utah and br paralyzed for life? Nothing is ever guaranteed. Not even a Teamster' s pension...

Last edited:
I illustrated absurdity by being absurd. But my driving record beats yours... And I'm sure there's others who best mine.

Started local 1970, Otr 77. Come Spring (hopefully), 4 million miles. Never know- could hit a moose in Utah and br paralyzed for life? Nothing is ever guaranteed. Not even a Teamster' s pension...
Missed the point I was making there are other things why we are here

Missed the point I was making there are other things why we are here
I didn't miss it at all. Tutone made a general statement which I made a general statement agreeing with, and it hurt your feelings. Sorry. But 250 of us HAD to move on in Indy at the merger, and now they YRCW has trouble attracting talent. I have a lot of friends still there. Almost all for the reasons I posted.

Dilly, I hope it was better where you are. As late as 2010, 19 years was bottom bid on yrc Indy city/dock. Yrc hurt a Lot of lives. Those with talent left.

And then CSPF raised retirement age to 65, so many with 35 yrs still can't leave...

Last edited:
Most hands at 511 irving won't get hired anywhere else.Regardless of their abilities and health.Word has gone out to all the corporate world of ltl in the DFW metroplex area.Sorry to bust the news.The fellas have been labeled troublemakers and non productive.

Most hands at 511 irving won't get hired anywhere else.Regardless of their abilities and health.Word has gone out to all the corporate world of ltl in the DFW metroplex area.Sorry to bust the news.The fellas have been labeled troublemakers and non productive.
Truk, gotta disagree with you on this one. We've had plenty leave for other jobs I the same sector with no problems at all. Regardless of what management propaganda/slander that's out there about YOUR brothers down here, it's not a good look for yourself to spread slander against fellow Teamsters. And trust me, I post this respectfully...