TForce | I'm throwing in the towel,,,,,,,

mud-flap

TB Lurker
Credits
I see this is not going to happen. We will just have to take what they give us ,,hope for the best,, the teamsters are not doing anything,, this board is full of people getting OFF TOPIC. What ever the teamster plan is I have not heard any thing call it just being fustrated. ,,,,,,,mud-flap----OUT.:smilie_132:

mud-flap said:
I see this is not going to happen. We will just have to take what they give us ,,hope for the best,, the teamsters are not doing anything,, this board is full of people getting OFF TOPIC. What ever the teamster plan is I have not heard any thing call it just being fustrated. ,,,,,,,mud-flap----OUT.:smilie_132:
As explained before Teamsters already took first step with campaign to organize. It is up to us, the employees to do the rest, like spreading the word and signing cards. Their campaign is to try to get other members to educate us, it is not going to happen automatically. To get something good you don't stand back and hope someone hands it to you, you work to get it, and I think that's what is happening. Its going to take time but I hope you hang in there because it will happen. As far as getting off topic, what exactly is the topic?

mud-flap said:

Mud-Flap, be patient. Change like this can't happen overnight. This a long involved process but good things come to those who wait.
Just because you may not see things happening does not mean they are not.
There are many behind the scenes things going on that are required for a drive like this one

mud-flap said:
Mudflap
Don't throw in the towel......EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!
May I suggust a book for you to read.
The title is "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Marty Levitt, & Terry C. Toczynski
This is a must read for anyone who is interested in organizing a union at their work place. With this book you will be able to stay on track with what is going to be comming down the road.
In the last overnite organizing campaign it seamed like overnite copied the book.
You can get it on Amzon.com or any major book store can order it for you. It is well worth the $25.00

Good things come to those who wait:bgroovy:

But dont be afraid to run on down to your local union hall either, 'cuase thats where the "good things" will come from:duh:

the only good thing coming from the union, is the money theu will get from our vested retirement account, you will lose it, they will get it. You will have to start over. If anyone tells you different let them show you a current contract with ups freight on it. If they can't do this (and they can't) then all they are doing is selling you a used car for the price of a new one. Teamster retirement is like social security. alot more people are receiving it, thaqn are putting in to it. Don't let a FEW pissed off people who think they deserve more than they are worth convince you of anything UNTIL you see a current UPSF contract. But you can't get one without a vote. WHAT A HUGE CHANCE WITH YOUR FUTURE

tocewl said:
the only good thing coming from the union, is the money theu will get from our vested retirement account, you will lose it, they will get it. You will have to start over. If anyone tells you different let them show you a current contract with ups freight on it. If they can't do this (and they can't) then all they are doing is selling you a used car for the price of a new one. Teamster retirement is like social security. alot more people are receiving it, thaqn are putting in to it. Don't let a FEW pissed off people who think they deserve more than they are worth convince you of anything UNTIL you see a current UPSF contract. But you can't get one without a vote. WHAT A HUGE CHANCE WITH YOUR FUTURE
What few are you talking about, be specific, you might need some educating.

tocewl said:

tocewl, You are wrong. The Teamsters pension funds CAN NOT take the money you already have a vested interest in.
You don't need a contract to tell you that. It's the law. UPSF and UPSF alone are the ones that control any money you have already earned.
Any pension money you would get from the Teamsters is above and beyond the UPSF pension money you already have coming to you.

flap, tuffenup nobody is going to tap you on the sholder and say heres your contract. I have seen activity for the good. i think were looking at a year, 1.5

CFer said:
tocewl, You are wrong. The Teamsters pension funds CAN NOT take the money you already have a vested interest in.
You don't need a contract to tell you that. It's the law. UPSF and UPSF alone are the ones that control any money you have already earned.
Any pension money you would get from the Teamsters is above and beyond the UPSF pension money you already have coming to you.

You can say this 2 ways from tuesday but in Wonder"O" world it is different....Or the Government rule don't apply.....OH YEAH LEO RUNS THE SHOW!!!! And that doesn't mean the actual laws have to be followed. And the over looked fact is that now that "GOLDEN CARROT" pension fund is owned by UPS....Maybe they need new company cars and use it to reinvest in the machine.....NO they wouldn't...OR??????

Mudflap,
Are you or are you not the one on the old boards that stated Indy had 61%? If that is the case what is the problem, threat alone will change attitudes.