ABF | immediate city drivers

Booboy

TB Lurker
Credits
I look onto the abf website i see immediate city drivers needed.Then i go to the forum boards and see there are layoffs and that the freight is very slow.I live in the chicago suburbs about 15 minutes from an abf terminal.Drive past see many trucks in the yard.Someone in the chicago area shine a little light on the subject hiring or not.

I submit an aplication online and fax no news yet do abf email you or anthing to let know if you qualify for there company

I don't know the answer to your questions but I'm certain they can answer them at the location you pass. Nothing like being in front of the person that does the hiring and letting him or her know that you are genuinely interested in a job.

Booboy,

I've been trying to get hired on at ABF for months now. In 11/06, I talked to the driver manager down at the yard and he said that they wouldn't be hiring until Jan. due to the freight slow down. About a week ago, I went to my school where ABF does some recruiting and the program coordinator told me that ABF's recruiter quit and that he was told that they wouldn't be hiring until sometime in March or April. Usually, if they're hiring, you'll get a call though after putting in an app. The fastest way to submit an app. is via their website, but the best way to get an answer to your questions is to go down to the yard like HBF suggested. Be polite and you shouldn't have a problem - they're pretty nice people down there.

Boy are you guys lucky! In Kansas City, they have a sign up that basically says, "Here's the applications, fill out and put in the inbox. Don't ask dispatch anything because they don't know." :thumbsdown:

Via the website is the quickest way, ends up with the TM either way, but they do all the checking up down in AR, and give the OK to the TM afterwards. Make sure you dot all your I's and cross all your T's, and you shouldn't have any problems. They're thorough.

Why would you want to ask a dispatcher about a job application? They have nothing to do with the hiring process at ABF.

lol i realize this, but what the sign said reminds me of something a dispatcher would say. maybe they have alot of guys coming off the street and they goto dispatch and ask not knowing where to go.....

And you would hire them to represent your company why?

Interviewer: "Do you even know what we do here?"

Driver: "Nah, I just want to drive a truck."

Interviewer: "How about JB Hunt, I hear they have lots of driver turnover, probably tons of job openings there."

Driver: "But I really had my mind set on a GREEN truck."

...hee hee...

Talked to a guy awhile back who used to drive for Schneider back when their trucks only ran 57. He thought he might be ready to handle the power of the Bull Frog now...