Estes | important news regarding delay pay at estes express lines

In a perfect world we shouldnt, but outbound crews lag sometimes, loads close late, pick ups come in late, sets are not hooked, it is all from poor planning off the dock. If the dock has their crap together then we should never have to wait, but you know as I do in the business we are all in it does not happen that way all the time.

More or less its just poor planning by Estes as a whole. You'll have hot freight come in late, or have it show up by surprise. Which will catch the supervisor off guard. Then when they realize the loads already closed out and the sets already hooked, they want the set broke down and back against the dock to rework a trailer to fit that freight on there. Or they'll have a driver pull up outside and a guy from the dock to come down and load the freight on the back. My favorite thing is when they hand you a strip and say hey I need the hot freight off here..and you look at the original load manifest and you see it signed on 1st, knowing its buried dead in the nose of one of those 75 bill van's from 041. There goes having to strip an entire van to the dock for 1 skid and having to handle the rest of the freight more than necessary. One other thing that I always like is when you get freight out of a terminal that is really supposed to goto the hub, but they hub doesn't want to work it so its always sent to the break, like we don't already have a shortage of manpower and an excess of work. Such an amazing freight system we have here.:1036316054:

I have a phone number to a lawyer that can help you with discrimination,delay pay or any other labor laws estes may be breaking.im me and i will give you there name and number

I have a phone number to a lawyer that can help you with discrimination,delay pay or any other labor laws estes may be breaking.im me and i will give you there name and number

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the corporate lawyer meeting they're having about right now, in Richmond! Elvis out and studying labor law....

That parts easy,look in UPS FEDX or Yellows trucks.Then call the pricing wizards in Richmond and ask them how that price increase has worked out for us.

While on the one hand, I would gladly welcome being paid for delay time, the thought that this may become reality brings to mind the "law of unintended consequences". If you were Mr. Big E, and you were told that henceforth thou shalt pay for delay time, what would you do? (Other than the obvious and get people to do their jobs correctly and in a timely manner?) A good many of the regular scheduled runs could very easily be put on a 2 hour work call basis. I don't know exactly how that works with other companies (thankfully!), but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they decided to go that route. When I hired on here, I did my research. If you hired on here without doing your research, then if you need a crying towel, I'll getcha one. (Of course, this doesn't apply to the people who were "assimilated into the Estes family".) I decided to take the good with the bad. Would I like delay pay? Absolutely! Would I like to be tied to a phone? Absolutely not! I'm only using this one example, but there are others also. I'm out of time, just thought I'd add my $0.0125 worth here.

hey you guys ever hear of this new thing called a cellphone with wireless carrier internet service? It is something else you can access the internet anywhere you get cell phone service :)

we are busy here, no idea why you guys are slow! We will send some freight your way if it will help!

I think you know exactly why SOME TERMINALS are slow. You have thrown that bait out for the taking several times now. If you care about your fellow drivers, why don't you fill them in? Elvis out and waiting.....