Important

not mention the wives of the guys that are gone for three weeks at a time while they work their tails off. Speaking from that perspective, it's hard enough being the wife of a driver that is dedicated to the company they work for to the point of feeling like the "other woman" sometimes but when it's a company that your husband takes pride in representing all the way from how well he maintains his truck and his appearance, to making sure he keeps the schedules given to him, not to mention missing out on family functions all for the sake of the "company" and to have that company yank the rug out from under their feet.. well.. there are really no nice words to use to describe that way of doing "business". What really sux to me is reading that while all the discussions were going on, the "people" were considered constantly.. then why weren't the "people" informed constantly.. my hubby has always told me since he started at Jevic, how the company was always considered one of the best for a driver because in the beginning, the company knew it was the drivers that they had to depend on so they took care of them, no drivers? no company... and who were the first ones thrown out?? Sure as hell wasn't the upper management.. ya know.. I think the Japanese have it right..start at the top and work your way down, that's where the problems start and the responsibility for failure belongs.
Good luck to everyone, I've met alot of you and will keep you all close to my heart throughout all of this.. it's all out of our hands now.. Thanks Jevic.. for not much.. hey.. one question now.. does this mean I don't have to keep finding hangers and space in the closet for all those damn jackets now??? I mean.. come on.. how many jackets can a guy wear anyway?:nutkick:

star we know how much it sux to happen to you floks down there. we keep looking over our shoulders and wonder are we next. and keep wondering to ourselves should we stay, or go, who knows. we wish the best of luck to you and your hubby. i hope if he kept his nose clean he should land a good job
PS make room in the closet for his new co. jackets:hysterical:

yellow bird! in my 30 yrs of trucking
I have never known a trucking company to give two months servernce pay,, think about it? if it take 60 days to close the doors that will take you two june, your serverence will now take you to august. if you wanted to take the rest of the summer off you could collect unemployment, or if you found a job you would be getting to checks weekly or train for a new career and be paid by jevic along with your unemployment,,, i know it sucks to lose a job but there may be some good for people who use it correctly.

good bye for now!!!! ACK-ACK

yellow bird! in my 30 yrs of trucking
I have never known a trucking company to give two months servernce pay,, think about it? if it take 60 days to close the doors that will take you two june, your serverence will now take you to august. if you wanted to take the rest of the summer off you could collect unemployment, or if you found a job you would be getting to checks weekly or train for a new career and be paid by jevic along with your unemployment,,, i know it sucks to lose a job but there may be some good for people who use it correctly.

good bye for now!!!! ACK-ACK
The 60 days they are using to close their doors is the so called "severance" pay. They are not giving 2 months severance beyond that. And the only reason they are doing this is because it is a law that they must give 60 days notice. I have no doubt that if it were'nt for the law, They would have just came in and locked the doors.

I fail to see how traveling at the speed limit of 65 MPH or slower has an negative effect on productivity. If that were the case The Largest private carrier in the "World" would not have all trucks governed at 65 MPH .

Compliance with laws and regulations is the name of the game now.Outlaw trucking is a thing of the past like cowboys and Indians. Can you sustain business with speeding tickets and other violations in 2008 ? I don't think so, and ignorring regulations and laws is at the very least costly and in a poor economy compitition drives the market place so fines and higher insurance cost add to the cost of doing business. The fuel used to run the trucks is virtualy the same company to company so they have to find other ways to remain competative . Controling insurance rates by documenting truck speeds is one way and dismissing drivers for safety infractions is another .

This is not your father's way to truck .It's how trucking will be in 2008 and beyond .I have seen the changes from 1974 till today and most of you couldn't comprehend they way we used to get things done on the road. Now it's different and there is no going back . So if you can't work that way and keep your nose clean than you best have a back up plan because you won't be a professional driver much longer !

goodluck in the future and remember everyone is watching and has a cell phone act accordingly ! still a fan :)

Boy, For someone that works for Wally-World you sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands. First of all if you spent as much time with Jevic as you say. Then I'm sure that on more than one occasion you have been given a load that absolutely had to be there on time. And you were handed the load with barely enough time to make it. And I'd bet you even exceeded the speed limit even if only by 5 mph or so. You may say you didnt but I wouldnt believe it. You were driving a truck that would at least do 70. Maybe even 75. And I bet you kept both feet planted firmly on the floor. Everyone has done it. But now that the trucks have been cut back to 65. That possibility of making up any time has been eliminated. And I bet they are still going to expect the loads delivered on time no matter how late the load is. And since I was running a shuttle between J3 and J5 ,80% of the trip the speed limit is 70. It literally added 1 hour to my day. So I wasnt really looking to break the law as you say. But to be able to do the speed limit would be nice. And even in the 65 mph zone. I dont believe anyone would have called in on their cell phone for me doing 70 in a 65.

star we know how much it sux to happen to you floks down there. we keep looking over our shoulders and wonder are we next. and keep wondering to ourselves should we stay, or go, who knows. we wish the best of luck to you and your hubby. i hope if he kept his nose clean he should land a good job
PS make room in the closet for his new co. jackets:hysterical:

thanks for the good wishes.. I"m not worried about him finding a new job if he has to cause he is one of the best, must be to be invited to all those rodeos, but I know that new jacket best not be orange.. I'm thinking it might be green though.

Didn't say he was top mgmnt. Just don't appreciate the smoke blowed up our skirts when it was "all for one, and one for all" a couple of years ago, when ALL our jobs were in doubt; now, he jumps on the bandwagon, and dumps on the south for the cheap freight. I thought Central Sales controlled the Big Picture and Central Dispatch contolled the truck/freight balance. They surely must feel some degree of blame for this mess.

Boy?

Boy, For someone that works for Wally-World you sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands. First of all if you spent as much time with Jevic as you say. Then I'm sure that on more than one occasion you have been given a load that absolutely had to be there on time. And you were handed the load with barely enough time to make it. And I'd bet you even exceeded the speed limit even if only by 5 mph or so. You may say you didnt but I wouldnt believe it. You were driving a truck that would at least do 70. Maybe even 75. And I bet you kept both feet planted firmly on the floor. Everyone has done it. But now that the trucks have been cut back to 65. That possibility of making up any time has been eliminated. And I bet they are still going to expect the loads delivered on time no matter how late the load is. And since I was running a shuttle between J3 and J5 ,80% of the trip the speed limit is 70. It literally added 1 hour to my day. So I wasnt really looking to break the law as you say. But to be able to do the speed limit would be nice. And even in the 65 mph zone. I dont believe anyone would have called in on their cell phone for me doing 70 in a 65.

fisrst thing it's not PC to call a grown man "BOY" second thing yes i have lots of free time at WMT. Third yes long ago I may have hauled heavy loads and most certainly drove more hours than was legal on occasion.
Most did ,and Harry thought very highly of those that knew how to do it with out getting noticed ! it may have helped to put him on the map andcompete with the big Companys having old school drivers that knew how to get it done.
That was then and Now is now. there was no Mothers agains Tired Truckers and other advcacy groups to contend with. T.V.stations covering everything from cats in trees to trucks getting stopped for speeding and log violations with mobile satilite trucks not to mention major truck accidents.( have you seen Jevic on TV. ?)
Let's be real, in the old days trucks could speed and evade things like weigh stations and the public was for the most part indifferent. Now even if most of the people are speeding on the road there will be that one person that has an ax to grind that will get in front of a big truck to slow it down or worse.maybe causeing a wreck or another that calls the Police and reports an agressive truck driver for folling to close and trying to force them off the road.
A public relations nightmare at the least and unfortunatly a position that companys are not willing to defend a driver from even if they are innocent.
last you mention times that are insufficent to get the load deliverd on time unless truck speed is increased because of a late departure time. I can state catagoriclly that after the log rule change to 11 hours driving time that the safty manager at the time Jim D. Qualcomed me and had a subsaquint phone conversation with operations that in no uncertain way was i to exceed my 11 hours drive and that If my truck moved before my break was over that I was done.
this was in response to my turnining J2 from J6 more times than I can remember. that was the last time for a being creative writer.
as a Pro you know the rules and there was a time for bending the rules. Even the police in the old days knew the rules had some bend in them...... Not so today, no breaks for anyone ! Its on vidieo tape and if they could cut a break and then that someone has an incident and hurts someone that officer's carear is over !
do you get it yet? are you a Professional? than don't sucumb to someone telling you that you must bend the rules to do your job(speed,not sleep) if you get fired for refusing to break the law get in touch with me .we will have one hell of a lawsuit .that aint gonna happen because in this day and age no company is dumb enough to expose themselves in that way. take the load and run it according to the rules .if the service date on the paper is the day your getting going or yesterday its not your concern ,your job is to deliver the freight safely and with all rules and laws observed . Remember a safe delivery is successful delivery done with the highest level of Professionalism. Keep up the good work and good luck in the future.

WMT is looking for the best drivers also so those in need please call .pm me for the phone number if you want it

Tah

I started to Quote a message back to you, But Dam... that would have taken a whole page by its self. Lets see if I can drag my head off my keyboard. After desperately trying to stay awake reading your post. First of all I didnt call you a "Boy" at all. It was used in an exclamatory fashion. Have someone explain that to you if you wish. I'm not talking about running for hours on end. And I'm not talking about doing 95MPH to make up time. I have never had a Highway Patrolman even glance my way for doing 5 miles over the speed limit. 5 MPH doesnt seem like much, But it does make a big difference when you're trying to get into Atlanta before the bad rush hour traffic starts. Before, You could even afford to maybe stop somewhere in between and stretch your legs, rest room break, and get a hot cup to go. Now you have to pretty much stay in it all the way down. And if you're lucky you will make it before the traffic snarls. And yes. I am a professional. Have been driving for 29 years. All accident and ticket free. I dont think taking 5 miles to pass Swift and Wally-World trucks can be very safe at all. Maybe you should invest in some spell check. Or preview your post before submitting your reply. It really would make you "seem" more intelligent. And folks would take you more seriously. I mean really, I think I have been pretty civil with you. It looks like to me you're not too popular here.

I started to Quote a message back to you, But Dam... that would have taken a whole page by its self. Lets see if I can drag my head off my keyboard. After desperately trying to stay awake reading your post. First of all I didnt call you a "Boy" at all. It was used in an exclamatory fashion. Have someone explain that to you if you wish. I'm not talking about running for hours on end. And I'm not talking about doing 95MPH to make up time. I have never had a Highway Patrolman even glance my way for doing 5 miles over the speed limit. 5 MPH doesnt seem like much, But it does make a big difference when you're trying to get into Atlanta before the bad rush hour traffic starts. Before, You could even afford to maybe stop somewhere in between and stretch your legs, rest room break, and get a hot cup to go. Now you have to pretty much stay in it all the way down. And if you're lucky you will make it before the traffic snarls. And yes. I am a professional. Have been driving for 29 years. All accident and ticket free. I dont think taking 5 miles to pass Swift and Wally-World trucks can be very safe at all. Maybe you should invest in some spell check. Or preview your post before submitting your reply. It really would make you "seem" more intelligent. And folks would take you more seriously. I mean really, I think I have been pretty civil with you. It looks like to me you're not too popular here.

dang CC you beat me to it and said it a whole lot better than I would have!!:1036316054:

need update on j3 status

hey guys this is the tire man at j3 the one who broke his back i am out on workers comp right now i need a up date if j3 is still open i should be back to work soon i am hoping they might let mew come back the dock want let me work with tires no more i gat a call from jasper he told me he gat layed off and was going to try to drive for jevic instead of being a parts man

tire man at j3

of beinghey guys this is the tire man at j3 the one who broke his back i am out on workers comp right now i need a up date if j3 is still open i should be back to work soon i am hoping they might let mew come back the dock want let me work with tires no more i gat a call from jasper he told me he gat layed off and was going to try to drive for jevic instead a parts man

hey guys this is the tire man at j3 the one who broke his back i am out on workers comp right now i need a up date if j3 is still open i should be back to work soon i am hoping they might let mew come back the dock want let me work with tires no more i gat a call from jasper he told me he gat layed off and was going to try to drive for jevic instead of being a parts man

You'd better stay on Workers Comp as long as you can. J3 is all but closed. Drivers are dropping like flies. Local pick-ups will cease on the 5th of May. The CARPET BAGGERS are coming next week to take some of the local trucks away. They will be holding an auction soon after they completely close the doors on June 2nd. The remaining terminals are being delusional about the rest of THEIR company. Its just a matter of time before the Jevic thread is added to the "Gone But Not Forgotten" Forum. Along with CF drivers.

animatedpinkbabycryingzl0.gif

They will be holding an auction soon after they completely close the doors on June 2nd. The remaining terminals are being delusional about the rest of THEIR company. Its just a matter of time before the Jevic thread is added to the "Gone But Not Forgotten" Forum. Along with CF drivers.

This was an organizational realignment to make us stronger. The other terminals are in the black. The South is a depressed market and the customers won't pay for our value, so while tons may have moved through them, they weren't profitable. Any company in any business has the responsibility to earn a profit. It is their sole purpose in a capitalistic society. We aren't closing in June and our destiny is in our own hands. We have to give 100% every day. Not 110 not 90. Just 100 will be fine.

Thats why J4,J7, and JA are already on the chopping block. I wont call you a snake oil salesman. The last time I did that I got a 24hr ban. But the truth will set you free. And you all will be free soon enough.:smilie_132:

you dont get it gabby, if the south was not making money its not because of the market its because you sales guys and pricing DID NOT DO YOUR JOBS and make sure this never happened. Southeastern is building a 250 door brand new terminal in charlotte. Looks like some people knows how to make money down here . AND ONCE AGAIN I SAY THE EMPTY TRAILERS CAME FROM THE NORTH NOT THE SOUTH. im sure those bad paying loads from the south had to pay more than those empty trailers.