Important

churchillcq7.jpg

thanks

i kinDA FIGURED THAT SINCE JASPAER GAT
LAYED OFF AND THEY FINALLY FIRED KENNY FOR STILLING WHEELS AND HUBS I FIGURED I WAS SCREWED WELL I GUESS ITS TIME FOR A WHOLE NEW CAREER FOR THE TIRE MAN

Sun Capitol sold J1, J2, and J6 for more than they bought the company for. Then leased the buildings back. The money that was made was supposed to go back into the company, But it never did. Now Sun Capitol is getting rid of the company a few terminals at a time. Everything they make now is just pure profit. I heard the only reason they didnt just shut the entire operation down was that they couldnt afford to pay everyone 60 days at the same time. Now you can believe the one that has been proven to mislead before. Or you can believe your own eyes.

Sun Capitol sold J1, J2, and J6 for more than they bought the company for. Then leased the buildings back. The money that was made was supposed to go back into the company, But it never did. Now Sun Capitol is getting rid of the company a few terminals at a time. Everything they make now is just pure profit. I heard the only reason they didnt just shut the entire operation down was that they couldnt afford to pay everyone 60 days at the same time. Now you can believe the one that has been proven to mislead before. Or you can believe your own eyes.

I'm DoorMatt's wife and I've worked in venture capital/investment banking for a goodly number of years. That is not the way either works.

Venture capital firms invest in companies for one reason only: to make a profit. And that's not the same as profit-taking by destroying a company. The only time a company is taken apart and sold for it's assets is when the company is not profitable and is unrecoverable.

That isn't the situation with Jevic, Inc.

If you understand the structure of how venture capital works, you'd know that Sun Capital has investors. That's where the money comes from in the first place. Those investors put money into a fund and that fund is used to buy into companies that fit the investment profile of the vc firm. The VC firm then puts a representative on the Board and has a say in the running of the company, but usually only replaces management when a co is poorly managed.

The ultimate goal is to build a company up to where it can be taken to an investment bank and taken public.

Scavenging for assets is not a generally acceptable technique in that it is finite. There are only X number of dollars in assets and that means the return on the investment is going to be fixed. Taking a company public usually would result in much greater profit and is much more typical.

The worst thing you can do is listen to, and repeat, unsubstantiated rumors. Undermining the morale of a company with rumors, gossip and/or outright lies is unfair to the people who remain.

I'm terribly sorry some of you lost your jobs but wanting everyone to feel as bad as you do just lessens you. Bitterness breeds bitterness and it poisons everyone.

Personally I've been through 6 shut-downs of companies I've worked for. On one job I found out my division was being shut down in a year the day after I started (wasn't that a rude awakening?).

Use this as an opportunity to improve rather than making it a reason you fail. Take the time and develop a new skill or to trade up to a better job.

If southern freight is so great and so many companies are making so much money, then there should be no shortage of jobs.

If it's all a smokescreen then use the time to be picky about where you go. Get that doubles endorsement you always wanted to get or spend some time with your family (the ones who live in the house you never get any time with).

And please, stop trying to make everyone feel afraid. Every person in this company knows darned well that this could happen to any company at any time. They don't needs their "friends" causing more fear and dissatisfaction.

when u see the BEST LTL trucking company in the world take a nose dive like ours has we have the right to call it like we see it . if it scares people O WELL. hard work over the years gives that right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Matt's wife, you're right. It's up to us to make things happen moving forward. Thanks for the clarity from someone else. Believe me, many, many of our dirvers have approached me at J1 and here privately. They are of course concerned, but also believers. We are on a good track and in excellent position to take advantage of the economic turnaround that hopefully we'll start seeing in qtr 1 2009. All we have to do is execute.

hey gabby how are planning to get the road drivers out of the closed termals home once they are closed and how often will they get home thanks b man

hey gabby how are planning to get the road drivers out of the closed termals home once they are closed and how often will they get home thanks b man

I look for drop lots / small dark terminals to relay freight to the various terminals j2, j7 j1...Im sure its been all figured out by now