Yellow | In Cab Cameras

Sugarfoot

" I'm just a truck driver "
Credits
Was told by BA last night that the Company will begin to install FORWARD FACING only Cameras beginning the second week of December. They will also record if you are over the posted speed limit and tailgating for an x amount of seconds, Must have GPS system in them.

Any thoughts, I know other Carriers have these devices.

Last edited:
Was told by BA last night that the Company will begin to install FORWARD FACING only Cameras beginning the second week of December. They will also record if you are over the posted speed limit and tailgating for an x amount of seconds, Must have GPS system in them.

Been going on at 326 for quite awhile.... also they can find you using the GPS.. and speed limit is being recorded had a driver doing 45 in 35 called in office. Had a incident where driver on a hill at a stop sign didn't completely stop got called in office. Just saying they are using this camera/GPS to what they aren't to use it for so just be where you say you are and cross your I and dot your t's......

Been going on at 326 for quite awhile.... also they can find you using the GPS.. and speed limit is being recorded had a driver doing 45 in 35 called in office. Had a incident where driver on a hill at a stop sign didn't completely stop got called in office. Just saying they are using this camera/GPS to what they aren't to use it for so just be where you say you are and cross your I and dot your t's......
Interesting, good post.

I believe if a driver is safe and has good driving habits this is a good thing. It can protect the driver and now days truck drivers need all the help he can get...

I believe if a driver is safe and has good driving habits this is a good thing. It can protect the driver and now days truck drivers need all the help he can get...
What I was told and being used for are far a part. Was told for insurance purposes if in an accident then they have video long story short. But we have had some firings here at 326 evolving these cams. So again make sure you are and was where you were.

What dose the Company hope to gain from this? I mean just how close can they watch someone? How will this affect the Driver knowing that everything he dose is montored by the company? How far is this Company willing to go to see if your wearing a damn seatbelt? Really? What habits do they think they will change in a 30 year employee?

What dose the Company hope to gain from this? I mean just how close can they watch someone? How will this affect the Driver knowing that everything he dose is montored by the company? How far is this Company willing to go to see if your wearing a damn seatbelt? Really? What habits do they think they will change in a 30 year employee?
They are firing people here at 326 Lehigh valley over these things. It's not a fairytale it's actually happening they are locating drivers by GPS and following them.

1.gif

(+) larger image
  • Model: J-0035C
  • Units in Stock: 1e17

Mini GPS Satellite Blocker
£67.00 £38.00
FREE SHIPPING now! More than 2-8 meter coverage!

You have to try this MINI GPS Jammer to make sure the car security without tracking.

Pls plug the gps jammer into a standard 12V cigarette lighter to support power, then it will protect you automatically by blocking any GPS tracking.

[Q="G_Hendrix, post: 989995, member: 36689"]They are firing people here at 326 Lehigh valley over these things. It's not a fairytale it's actually happening they are locating drivers by GPS and following them.[/QUOTE]
I know now why I like large magnets.

Our number 1 p&d drivers was actually fired this year with these things and being followed, and yes he's got his job back. But it's the mentally they have right now and it's going to continue. They are a bunch of cowards and with everything we have done to help to be here today seems to **** them off.

To clear things up is we have drivers calling in when delayed for 15 min or more or waiting for assignments using the intermecs or by personal cell phone and no one's answers and goes on for 2 3 or 4 calls. And the yrc police the next day calls you in the next day to question you what you were doing sitting to long.

Don't think the road units have cameras, just the cross the line whistle and following to close whistle. Don't believe they have cams yet but the newest truck I see I will ck out.
They make you think about what you r doing at all times. Cuts out tail gating, hold your unit straight as possible, etc

here's what I was told by a driver that was in a 2 day meeting at company HQ this week.....video is only captured and sent to safety trainers when there is a collision, hard braking, excessive speed, lane departures without a turn signal or following too close for a period of time. (there were a couple of other things he mentioned that I can't recall) Only the safety trainers will be coaching drivers and there will be no disciplinary action taken as a result of videos captured. He's a 20 year driver and said this is a good program that will reduce our accidents. there will not be a camera facing the driver, only the road ahead.