Yellow | In Cab Cameras

What dose the Company hope to gain from this? I mean just how close can they watch someone? How will this affect the Driver knowing that everything he dose is montored by the company? How far is this Company willing to go to see if your wearing a damn seatbelt? Really? What habits do they think they will change in a 30 year employee?
Dinger, I suspect it's more for the Employee of the future, no experience at all. This is just another tool for the newbie Driver, we all know what's coming down the road. We all see it every night and day.

here's what I was told by a driver that was in a 2 day meeting at company HQ this week.....video is only captured and sent to safety trainers when there is a collision, hard braking, excessive speed, lane departures without a turn signal or following too close for a period of time. (there were a couple of other things he mentioned that I can't recall) Only the safety trainers will be coaching drivers and there will be no disciplinary action taken as a result of videos captured. He's a 20 year driver and said this is a good program that will reduce our accidents. there will not be a camera facing the driver, only the road ahead.
Correct, that's what our BA said also.

here's what I was told by a driver that was in a 2 day meeting at company HQ this week.....video is only captured and sent to safety trainers when there is a collision, hard braking, excessive speed, lane departures without a turn signal or following too close for a period of time. (there were a couple of other things he mentioned that I can't recall) Only the safety trainers will be coaching drivers and there will be no disciplinary action taken as a result of videos captured. He's a 20 year driver and said this is a good program that will reduce our accidents. there will not be a camera facing the driver, only the road ahead.
Ask some drivers at 326 if that's the way it went down

It's a damn shame. YRC has no money for wages, pension contributions and its fleet is falling apart but it can find money to buy cameras to harass the employees that they have left. I just don't get the mentality of the people who run this company. To move freight you need equipment, people and a wage that is competitive in the industry and these people buy cameras. Wow.:hissyfit:

Correct, that's what our BA said also.

Railroads have been installing cameras in locomotives to verify what happens at grade crossing accidents when idiots who run around the gates and get hurt then sue the railroad. Video proves the gates were working and saves the railroads millions in false claims.

PS - I've been using my own personal dash cam for a while already. With all the a-holes out there cutting you off and doing other stupid stuff on the road it's extra protection just in case.

PPS - If anyone has trouble falling asleep I can send you a boring 8 hour video of road going by to help get you sleepy! :smile new:

Last edited:
Railroads have been installing cameras in locomotives to verify what happens at grade crossing accidents when idiots who run around the gates and get hurt then sue the railroad. Video proves the gates were working and saves the railroads millions in false claims.
That's fine sir, but you are so far outta the loop. Drivers I know that got fired but yet reinstated were not in accidents. Key note "not fired for accidents" not picking a fight here but seems there was no concern or talk about this kinda bullshit just a few years ago.

What I was told and being used for are far a part. Was told for insurance purposes if in an accident then they have video long story short. But we have had some firings here at 326 evolving these cams. So again make sure you are and was where you were.
you need to get in a union. The contract stays they can not use video to fire you.

Last month a Feeder friend was involved in a Tier 3 accident on I-78 W in Jersey. Her own personal dash cam saved her from any time off without pay. The 2015 LNG MACK was totaled, 90 k to fix. Granted, like anything in life it's a double edged sword.
They know they need this for Insurance purposes and for the no experience Drivers they are recruiting.
Do I agree with roady and others.....yes, but they have to keep up with technology like it or not. There's other things coming down the pike, stay tuned Sports Fans.

That's fine sir, but you are so far outta the loop. Drivers I know that got fired but yet reinstated were not in accidents. Key note "not fired for accidents" not picking a fight here but seems there was no concern or talk about this kinda :horseshit: just a few years ago.

Out of the loop? Not sure what that's supposed to mean. Over 40 years ago UPS tractors had recorders in them and the company could track a drivers movements, speed, engine rpms, etc. Nothing new here except the type of technology and the fact that it's starting to be used at YRC. Do I like it? No I don't but It's the age we live in where everything we do is being recorded in some way or another.

you need to get in a union. The contract stays they can not use video to fire you.

Can't directly use the video to fire a person but they can watch the video to learn where or when someone screws off and then they can go out and catch him in the act in person. Moral of the story is don't be dumb.

Out of the loop? Not sure what that's supposed to mean. Over 40 years ago UPS tractors had recorders in them and the company could track a drivers movements, speed, engine rpms, etc. Nothing new here except the type of technology and the fact that it's starting to be used at YRC. Do I like it? No I don't but It's the age we live in where everything we do is being recorded in some way or another.
And again, if that's what it's intended for but my god when does the war on labor end? Do you have that answer... ?

Can't directly use the video to fire a person but they can watch the video to learn where or when someone screws off and then they can go out and catch him in the act in person. Moral of the story is don't be dumb.
I believe that's what I was getting at. Didn't feel I needed to write a book on it.

Boy oh boy, this is going to be a very interesting ride when I come back to p&d after they disect my pension check! Like Artie Johnson use to say on Laugh In { Very Interesting }. :tr10driving03: :fan: :woohoo1: