Yellow | In Cab Cameras

The p and d drivers radios have had GPS since 2002. At least the ones at rdwy did, and the bricks we have now also have it....

Really??
roadway_ford_coe1.jpg

I don't like the fact they're spending our money on cameras which no doubt is going to run in the millions, but I'm not gonna get worked up about it. This company is always coming up with the next big thing that's going to change everything, and it always turns out to be much of nothing. Anyone remember the "gold program"? Turned out to be nothin. We had qualcoms in our trucks for awhile as part of a test project. The qualcoms told everything, where you are, where you've been, and for how long. The TM and dispatcher were so excited they were bouncing off the walls. They were going to be able to fire the slackers and layoff half the board. What they found out was everybody were doing their jobs. Nobody got fired, nobody got laid off. If you haven't noticed, nothing this company ever does works out like they think it will.

I don't like the fact they're spending our money on cameras which no doubt is going to run in the millions, but I'm not gonna get worked up about it. This company is always coming up with the next big thing that's going to change everything, and it always turns out to be much of nothing. Anyone remember the "gold program"? Turned out to be nothin. We had qualcoms in our trucks for awhile as part of a test project. The qualcoms told everything, where you are, where you've been, and for how long. The TM and dispatcher were so excited they were bouncing off the walls. They were going to be able to fire the slackers and layoff half the board. What they found out was everybody were doing their jobs. Nobody got fired, nobody got laid off. If you haven't noticed, nothing this company ever does works out like they think it will.
Don't get so worked up.....

I saw a friend at the club Wednesday night, works for Brenntag. He said that they had installed cameras in the trucks a few weeks ago but that they were told that they were not active yet. He went on to say that they were in fact active and recording audio and video and that nine (9) drivers immediately quit when they found that out. Now that's what I call making a statement.

I saw a friend at the club Wednesday night, works for Brenntag. He said that they had installed cameras in the trucks a few weeks ago but that they were told that they were not active yet. He went on to say that they were in fact active and recording audio and video and that nine (9) drivers immediately quit when they found that out. Now that's what I call making a statement.
Wouldn't you think that was overreacting a bit? Leave a job with great pay and bennies this time of the yr. over a camera? I hope they were close to retirement at least.

Wouldn't you think that was overreacting a bit? Leave a job with great pay and bennies this time of the yr. over a camera? I hope they were close to retirement at least.
I agree and was thinking about that myself. The guy who told me about it is 61. I could see someone that age and able to be retired getting pretty pissed about that and making it the last straw. Brenntag is a chemical company and all that they have to go through anymore just to keep their licenses is a hassle.

One good thing maybe with these cameras and audio recording - we'll finally find out who the drivers are that are "pleasuring" themselves while on the road. :hide:

I agree and was thinking about that myself. The guy who told me about it is 61. I could see someone that age and able to be retired getting pretty pissed about that and making it the last straw. Brenntag is a chemical company and all that they have to go through anymore just to keep their licenses is a hassle.
I agree about the hassle part. They have 8 placard packs along with slip in holders on the trailers. I used to bump into one of their retirees at Schaeffers H-D

One good thing maybe with these cameras and audio recording - we'll finally find out who the drivers are that are "pleasuring" themselves while on the road. :hide:
You might be onto something...he told me that he didn't want to worry about someone watching while he picked his nose or ate a sandwich while driving.

In the last 36 hours I have been in a Pilot, a freight terminal, Walgreens, a bowling alley, Target, Bank and sitting at stop lights. Each and every one of those places had cameras rolling and it didn't make me the least bit uncomfortable knowing this. As a matter of fact, I actually take some comfort in that, but that's just me. I figure if I'm not doing anything wrong, who cares who's looking ? I understand that may not be the popular sentiment, but I was never that popular anyway.......Good luck to your friend finding work, sounds like he'll need it.

To clear things up is we have drivers calling in when delayed for 15 min or more or waiting for assignments using the intermecs or by personal cell phone and no one's answers and goes on for 2 3 or 4 calls. And the yrc police the next day calls you in the next day to question you what you were doing sitting to long.

The city drivers at xpo(con-way) have to report in via messaging on the handheld when they are sitting anywhere for 15mins and say what is going on.

Could be the start of a new tv show??? The trucking industry version of, "Person of Interest"!!!!

Recording the audio of someone without their permission is illegal in many states. How would they get around that?