Yellow | In Cab Cameras

image_zps3g9umyon.jpg

image_zpsjckxcgwx.jpg

Kansas City has been testing these for several months now. I've have had one in my city tractor during that time. It would take me a long time to explain how it works, but if someone has a question private message me and I can try to answer you.
Yup that's the same one Conway has...

here's what I was told by a driver that was in a 2 day meeting at company HQ this week.....video is only captured and sent to safety trainers when there is a collision, hard braking, excessive speed, lane departures without a turn signal or following too close for a period of time. (there were a couple of other things he mentioned that I can't recall) Only the safety trainers will be coaching drivers and there will be no disciplinary action taken as a result of videos captured. He's a 20 year driver and said this is a good program that will reduce our accidents. there will not be a camera facing the driver, only the road ahead.

Who are these "Safety Trainers"? Management or "Wanna be" Union?

It ends when guys just do there job they were hired to do. The company isn't in business to give you a job they are in business to try to make money.
I agree with you mook, 100 percent except for the terminals that have different rules, for different people depending on how much they whine about things like, that's not my area, I don't do residentials, that's lift gate , I will call HR then, your f- ing me, I have to be off on 8 everyday , I am not taking that stop, that's the way it looked when I unloaded it, it's not my job, they don't pay me to think, I didn't have time to deliver those last 3 stop, my pretrip is as long as the truck starts, I go out the gate . Etc, Etc , Etc !!!!

I wouldn't have put it quite like that but to each his own.
Thats how it went down at 881 no reason to sugar coat it.

When you have a Teamster resign and go company to be a safety man this is what happens.
He then gets his minions hooked up to come in on OT and give their little classes. What the hell was the guy hired for but to stand in the back of the room.

Last edited:
It's a damn shame. YRC has no money for wages, pension contributions and its fleet is falling apart but it can find money to buy cameras to harass the employees that they have left. I just don't get the mentality of the people who run this company. To move freight you need equipment, people and a wage that is competitive in the industry and these people buy cameras. Wow.:hissyfit:

If these camera save one life they more than pay for themselves by saving lives and reducing accidents might be the fastest
Way for YRCW to become profitable again which would put them in a position to start paying us back. I bet they will spend well over $100 million in accidents and injuries this year alonr

If these camera save one life they more than pay for themselves by saving lives and reducing accidents might be the fastest
Way for YRCW to become profitable again which would put them in a position to start paying us back. I bet they will spend well over $100 million in accidents and injuries this year alonr
$100 million for accidents? And how does this number compair to other LTL's? Any loss of life is tragic, Please don't get me wrong on that point. But I for one do not now nor will I have in the future any respect for any Teamster who sets Him/Herself up to be in any position where they have any power over another Teamster! Or allows Him/Herself to be appointed by Management to any type of position of power and still keep their Union membership.
I'll pick my own hero's if Management dosen't mind! And it will not be some brown nose wanna be"safety" team member!
I had enough of that crap at Stroudsburg!
The Union should stop this ____ now!
How can you listen or take advice from anyone you do not respect?

$100 million for accidents? And how does this number compair to other LTL's? Any loss of life is tragic, Please don't get me wrong on that point. But I for one do not now nor will I have in the future any respect for any Teamster who sets Him/Herself up to be in any position where they have any power over another Teamster! Or allows Him/Herself to be appointed by Management to any type of position of power and still keep their Union membership.
I'll pick my own hero's if Management dosen't mind! And it will not be some brown nose wanna be"safety" team member!
I had enough of that crap at Stroudsburg!
The Union should stop this ____ now!
How can you listen or take advice from anyone you do not respect?
You all say all this crap about the safety teams and you know nothing about it because you don't want to be involved. Let me set the record straight we teamsters that are involved in the safety program are doing it to help or fellow teamsters and to help everyone come home alive and we have no say in dissaplin .so if you don't want to be involved so be it just don't criticize those who care about you.