Yellow | In Cab Cameras

You all say all this crap about the safety teams and you know nothing about it because you don't want to be involved. Let me set the record straight we teamsters that are involved in the safety program are doing it to help or fellow teamsters and to help everyone come home alive and we have no say in dissaplin .so if you don't want to be involved so be it just don't criticize those who care about you.
What are your qualifications to make you a safety expert? Is it just that you volunteered or have you received extensive training and testing?

You all say all this crap about the safety teams and you know nothing about it because you don't want to be involved. Let me set the record straight we teamsters that are involved in the safety program are doing it to help or fellow teamsters and to help everyone come home alive and we have no say in dissaplin .so if you don't want to be involved so be it just don't criticize those who care about you.
Ok so who the hell died and promoated you to god?
I don't want your help! Nor do I think it's my place to tell anyone else how to do their frekin job!
Not all of us need "Help" as you put it from anyone who gets a safety position. You drive your truck and I'll drive mine! So keep your "Help" and opinions about "safety" to yourself!
Oh and by the way I don't beleive for one second that you "safety" types care about or give a rats snot ball about me or anyone else!

If these camera save one life they more than pay for themselves by saving lives and reducing accidents might be the fastest
Way for YRCW to become profitable again which would put them in a position to start paying us back. I bet they will spend well over $100 million in accidents and injuries this year alonr
Hey, I'm all for saving lives. I worked 39 years in the NY/NJ/CT metropolitan area and never had an accident. I feel these cameras will put added pressure on the drivers, thus probably causing more problems. Most drivers I knew were professionals and handled their rigs in a safe and careful way. Unless YRC is hiring drivers who are not road ready, I feel these cameras are only another way to harass their employees.

If YRC hires drivers that don't have the qualifications or skills to handle their rigs, then shame on them. They are the people putting other drivers lives in jeopardy. The captain is in charge of his ship and he should be able to come home alive and be safe and courteous on our highways. Maybe YRC needs to explore a little harder why they do not get competent drivers anymore? { low pay, no pension, constant layoffs, changes of operations that force people to move and then screw them} ?

If YRC hires drivers that don't have the qualifications or skills to handle their rigs, then shame on them. They are the people putting other drivers lives in jeopardy. The captain is in charge of his ship and he should be able to come home alive and be safe and courteous on our highways. Maybe YRC needs to explore a little harder why they do not get competent drivers anymore? { low pay, no pension, constant layoffs, changes of operations that force people to move and then screw them} ?

So some just come out of the womb knowing how to drive like a super star no learning involved?

Or have some forgot how they learned to be superstars?

I started driving TT in 1966. I have no problem with with safety people reviewing my driving techniques or taking refresher sessions on safe driving. Never too old to learn something new or to discover a better way of doing something. It's when you think you know it all that you often discover you don't.

I started driving TT in 1966. I have no problem with with safety people reviewing my driving techniques or taking refresher sessions on safe driving. Never too old to learn something new or to discover a better way of doing something. It's when you think you know it all that you often discover you don't.
As long as it's not some self important "safety" person like those I have met through the years who give the impression that they are somehow better than others. As I said, And as those who know me understand, I'll pick my own hero's. And I will not tell others how to do their job unless I am asked.
One Teamster should not be put in a position by the Company to be above others. To me it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Hope that helps.

Through the years, I have had the great fortune to have met some dedicated Safety personnel. And a few not so much, just like the Teamsters I work with! One quality that many of the good ones shared was a resume that included DRIVING tractor trailer. While that may not be an essential experience, it does lend itself to CREDIBILITY.
Some people are gifted with a personality AND a desire to help others. But to excel at such a position, communication skills are required, as well. And to so in a manner that is NOT condescending. As Triplex pointed out, our jobs, just the same as life should be a continuous learning experience. I appreciate anyone who is willing to assist me in becoming a better driver.
Whether YRCF installs cameras in the cab is a NON-ISSUE to me. I will continue to perform to the best of my ability.

Through the years, I have had the great fortune to have met some dedicated Safety personnel. And a few not so much, just like the Teamsters I work with! One quality that many of the good ones shared was a resume that included DRIVING tractor trailer. While that may not be an essential experience, it does lend itself to CREDIBILITY.
Some people are gifted with a personality AND a desire to help others. But to excel at such a position, communication skills are required, as well. And to so in a manner that is NOT condescending. As Triplex pointed out, our jobs, just the same as life should be a continuous learning experience. I appreciate anyone who is willing to assist me in becoming a better driver.
Whether YRCF installs cameras in the cab is a NON-ISSUE to me. I will continue to perform to the best of my ability.
They should have never let Big Buck retire.

Boy, your old!!:lmao::hide:

So some just come out of the womb knowing how to drive like a super star no learning involved?

Or have some forgot how they learned to be superstars?
Never said I was a superstar nor would I want to be a movie star. If they want to film and record me then pay me like a movie star or at least a union truck driver. Triplex taught me how to drive a big rig!:shift: :smilie93c peelout: :stirthepot:

I think Lincoln was president when he started driving.....

Back when they finished building that new road a long time ago, Abe and I flipped a coin to see who the road would be named after. He won and that's why it's called the Lincoln Highway instead of the Triplex Turnpike.

Back when they finished building that new road a long time ago, Abe and I flipped a coin to see who the road would be named after. He won and that's why it's called the Lincoln Highway instead of the Triplex Turnpike.
That's Wong !!!

They should be providing loading guides for every type of trailer in the fleet before spending money on cameras.
28spp8z.jpg

Every dime spent on new purchases that are not tractors or trailers shows how out of touch the ones at the top are. Irresponsible miss management at it's finest.