Yellow | ***** In Nashville?

XCFERTN

TB Lurker
Credits
My understanding they have 15 or so laid off on city board and 15 or so OTR. There seems to be 7 or 8 men comming in on there 6th and 7th punch working instead of letting the laid off people work. I think this is nothing more than ******. Its almost Xmas and there brothers and sisters need work. Someone please tell me this is not really happening.

hmmm? It wont let me write in

Rules.....
1)Do Treat people with respect.
6)Posts deemed to be just mean spirited posts or posts made just to antagonize others may be removed at the discretion of the site administration, the idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry.

Last year at this time 671 had many men on layoff and was forbidden to call them for several months. The did not call them no matter what. Just like they were not employed at all here. They never worked. We had plenty of freight for them also but they were never allowed to call them. And this came from higher up than the TM. With that said what would be wrong with a guy getting more OT? Remember now they were not allowed to call them no matter what happened. And they did not call them at all. I do agree with you that we should not work OT and the men in layoff not get to work. If my working OT prevents them from working.

At 680, we have 2 laid off. We also have 4 or 5 guys who will gladly work 14 hours a day. They do not care these guys are laid off. They just care about their own bank. Our management knows this and uses it to their advantage. It seems like this is company wide. I think it is all BS. When they recall these guys in a couple of months, they expect them to bust their butts and hold no grudges after a couple of billion dollar company craps on them for 3 or 4 months...

We also have 4 or 5 guys who will gladly work 14 hours a day. They do not care these guys are laid off. They just care about their own bank. Our management knows this and uses it to their advantage. It seems like this is company wide. I think it is all BS. When they recall these guys in a couple of months, they expect them to bust their butts and hold no grudges after a couple of billion dollar company craps on them for 3 or 4 months...
Yea!:1036316054: What he said!! DS.

Last year at this time 671 had many men on layoff and was forbidden to call them for several months. The did not call them no matter what. Just like they were not employed at all here. They never worked. We had plenty of freight for them also but they were never allowed to call them. And this came from higher up than the TM. With that said what would be wrong with a guy getting more OT? Remember now they were not allowed to call them no matter what happened. And they did not call them at all. I do agree with you that we should not work OT and the men in layoff not get to work. If my working OT prevents them from working.
Toxic I hear what your saying but I disagree. Mngt made the do not call rule and if the guys would have stuck together and the companies idea not worked they would have recinded the rule just as quickly. So what I'm trying to say is in my opinion or working ot does in effect screw laidoff guys. :nutkick:

been there done that got a t-shirt.
just got to roll with the punches and pay your "dues",
remember, if it don't kill you , it makes you thougher.

been there done that got a t-shirt.
just got to roll with the punches and pay your "dues",
remember, if it don't kill you , it makes you thougher.
Ace please don't take to much offense to this but how long ago did you "pay your dues" Usually I hear this phrase from someone lucky enough to never had a company close on them. I thought we were all Teamsters and I don't think that really means because someone did it to me I should do it to someone else. Not my idea of Brotherhood anyway. Again this is not ment to inflame but after starting over 13 times and with 28 years of credit my perspective is probably different than most :smilie_132:

Toxic I hear what your saying but I disagree. Mngt made the do not call rule and if the guys would have stuck together and the companies idea not worked they would have recinded the rule just as quickly. So what I'm trying to say is in my opinion or working ot does in effect screw laidoff guys. :nutkick:
I understand you also wolf... ohhh yea welcome back in one piece. How was the trip? :1036316054: In the time period I was talking about they wanted on any given Saturday from 4 to how many did not matter to sign up and work. They never had the people sign up like they wanted and needed. And they still did not call any L/O men. I was told that the decision was not local. If they lied to me about that then they just did. Still they did not call them and there was a lot of xtra work. So I think sticking together like you said would have not gotten any L/O man anything. Anyway all I worked was three or four Saturdays right before Christmas.

Thanks Toxic for the flowers. Ya I survived the trip. Lots of problems with noro-virus or something like that. Been on all the news, :duh: just my dumb luck. I remember the period you were talking about and it was mandated high up and they would not call laidoff for nothing, even at the expense of pissing-off good customers. So do we do right by the customer or let the chips fall where they may? I'm kinda radical sometimes and think if the company don't give a chit neither do I. Maybe thats why I've had to start over so many times. Your 100% correct that your working had no effect on laid-off sitting home during that period and I'm not smart enough to say who's right or wrong, I just know what feels right for me. :1036316054: Glad to be back:smilies-19296:

Oh yea got back and found out I was laid off while on the cruise.:nutkick: So everyone that works anything other than mandatory overtime....:tongue0015: I'm taking it personal :biglaugh: :hysterical:

you know, I must be losing my mind, I remember in the CF days, there was NO WAY! NO WAY! that 1 min of OT was worked unless you were hung out in city of course, forced or otherwise, THE MEN and a few WOMEN yes the women stuck with us, would NEVER under no rhyme or reason let it happen, and If you did, LOLMAO I pity the sorry scandrel for working it. Its GREED and not really being a true BROTHER or SISTER its just , I pay my union dues and thats it. There is a word for those people but this forum will not allow me to put it here, starts with an S wonder If I can put that letter there.? So think what you want, but I WILL NEVER go home and tell my family that we have extra and my BROTHERS have nothing because I have more time in. AS I SAID, I must be losing my mind. Brother Hoffa would roll over in his grave.

to my understanding the president of Local 135, Danny B., put a stop to that ::shit:: from occuring on the city/dock side of operations. They had laid off a bunch of guys and then they were forcing guys to work up to 80-100 hours a week. The Union came down and stated that you could only work the guys 60 hours a week per DOT regulations.....if i got the story right....

This occured at Indy!