In other words it had to end...

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys what's up?

So today I was watching Netflix and since they don't have Jamie Davis Towing Season 3 I've had to resort to other things. Actually I don't watch all that much Netflix not really, but sometimes they have good stuff on there.

So I started watching this show that was on ABC 27 years ago called "The Wonder Years" 1988-1993 some of you may have heard of it personally I think the show was very very well done. I was kind of little when it was on TV, but I do remember it being on TV however I didn't really start paying attention until about 1995 so the early 1990s I'm pretty foggy on. However that's not the point.
There was an episode of "The Wonder Years" where Fred Savage's who plays a 12 year old boy named Kevin Arnold said "The times were easy and care free. In other words they had to end."

Well, here I am in the final days of my first route it wasn't all bad, but eventually it had to end. Kind of sad to leave some customers others I won't miss at all I can say that with confidence ha-ha! Luckily the gentleman who is taking over my current route is I think a good fit. He's in his late late 40's early 50's smart guy very competent he'll have no problem and he'll take over and pick up where I left off.

The good news for me, the route I am going to is the 6th largest route in branch and the guy who used to do it was the slowest driver in the branch. I asked my boss who was faster my self or the guy I'm replacing and he said "Let me put it this way there is no way you are any slower."

I'm not looking forward to the first month or so on the new route that's going to kind of blow, but after that it should work it's self out and improve it's self. It's actually not a bad set of routes over all, but the summer might blow a little bit, because I'll probably do a lot of swing driving, but the new route is more west side where I'm from unlike my current set of routes which is all east side so excited to get on the west side and then it's some area's I am not to to familiar with, but it's good to learn and see those areas. Are you saying once again you need the experience? I guess maybe.

Anyhow it'll be good. I trained the new guy taking over for me Monday and Tuesday they don't have him with me tomorrow or Thursday. He's got to go help someone else tomorrow and my Thursday they basically Frankensteined so there's no point in him going to see that. They should put him with me on Friday though then after that I'm back on my own, I'll have to check out my new truck, probably needs fuel and Def it's been being driven by only God knows who the past 2 weeks so I'll have to clean it up and everything well that's how it goes.

Really liked that show. Casually watched when I was younger but watching reruns as an adult really made me appreciate it. The relationship between the brothers, the way dad loved his kids in spite of the tough guy exterior, mom putting personal dreams on hold for her family, daughter rebelling against everything her parents believe in, first love you're sure you'll marry, the kid who tries every sport imaginable without having a clue how bad he'd be. All against the backdrop of Vietnam and the civil rights movement.
Just really well thought out.
The narration absolutely nailed it. Wouldn't have been half as good without it. Crazy thing is I don't think the show was really ever "officially" recognized for how good it was, not that I can remember anyway.

Really liked that show. Casually watched when I was younger but watching reruns as an adult really made me appreciate it. The relationship between the brothers, the way dad loved his kids in spite of the tough guy exterior, mom putting personal dreams on hold for her family, daughter rebelling against everything her parents believe in, first love you're sure you'll marry, the kid who tries every sport imaginable without having a clue how bad he'd be. All against the backdrop of Vietnam and the civil rights movement.
Just really well thought out.
The narration absolutely nailed it. Wouldn't have been half as good without it. Crazy thing is I don't think the show was really ever "officially" recognized for how good it was, not that I can remember anyway.

I agree 100% I think the show was very very well done 100xs better then any 1/2 hour sitcom they have on TV now.