ABF | In Search of Slipseat Box

I am looking for a slipseat box that is already built and ready to plug in and go? Anyone know of one that is available?
[email protected]
If you don't require a CB, I have a really good one. Delphi concert class radio with USB port to play your own music. Weighs about 19 pounds. the size is about 18 inches wide, 12 inches deep @ the bottom, 4 inches deep @ the top, & antenna self contained. Has handle in the middle for easy lifting. I used it most days in my city tractor. Sat right on top of my Yeti 25 qt cooler. With Velcro on top of the cooler, & the bottom of the box. A really sweet set up. 8 ft power cord with alligator clips. Respond to [email protected] if interested. Very, very portable radio box. von.

If you have a e-mail address I can send you some pictures. This is all made out of wood. Custom design & construction. I know you will like it. Why? Every time I came in to work @ 3:30 pm & left my radio box in it, someone else took my tractor. Took it out every night, no more missing radio box. von.

Hah! I left my 30 year old "Teamster Entertainment Center" in my old city tractor the day I retired.........10" subwoofers would make the windows shake.......Guys said I was "ruining" it by only playing classical music on it.........

I heard it was "appropriated" by the.....quickest........guy there.

Use it in Good Health, Brother!

I even have one in my car,........Why? I don't know......inertia, I guess.....Took the one out of the radio box I left in my city tractor..........Piled up in the basement with about 4 other CB radios in various conditions of reliability.......

Hey! Someday the Smithsonian will beat a path to my door,................They may even need a docent at the museum to explain to wondrous crowds exactly how these things worked.........

Breaker, Breaker...........

Come to think of it,...........I even know how to shift a Duplex with one hand the proper way,...........and no clutch,......

Th' Hell with being a volunteer docent,......I want a sizeable salary........

They can put my Truckdriving CB and Shifting show on display right outside the Dinosaur room..........

I even have one in my car,........Why? I don't know......inertia, I guess.....Took the one out of the radio box I left in my city tractor..........Piled up in the basement with about 4 other CB radios in various conditions of reliability.......

Hey! Someday the Smithsonian will beat a path to my door,................They may even need a docent at the museum to explain to wondrous crowds exactly how these things worked.........

Breaker, Breaker...........
How about ya rubber duck.

Come to think of it,...........I even know how to shift a Duplex with one hand the proper way,...........and no clutch,......

Th' Hell with being a volunteer docent,......I want a sizeable salary........

They can put my Truckdriving CB and Shifting show on display right outside the Dinosaur room..........

Canary, I see you didn't mention getting both sticks in neutral pulling a hill with that B model, (embarrassing)
"Of course I wouldn't know, I've never done that"

Canary, I see you didn't mention getting both sticks in neutral pulling a hill with that B model, (embarrassing)
"Of course I wouldn't know, I've never done that"

I can't say I've.....never.....done that. I can only state that there is a far greater possibility of that very thing happening with a Duplex,....as opposed to a RoadRanger transmission.......It would be embarrassing in the extreme, especially in heavy city traffic, when the driver gets flustered and starts pushing sticks around, hoping the terrible grinding noise attracting so much attention from pedestrians to the point where they're catcalling: " Grind me a pound while you're at it!",.....would quit and the truck wouldn't stall while it lurched into gear........Oh no! The blush on your face would damn near be permanent, and would only fade once you reached the city limits........

I can't say I've.....never.....done that. I can only state that there is a far greater possibility of that very thing happening with a Duplex,....as opposed to a RoadRanger transmission.......It would be embarrassing in the extreme, especially in heavy city traffic, when the driver gets flustered and starts pushing sticks around, hoping the terrible grinding noise attracting so much attention from pedestrians to the point where they're catcalling: " Grind me a pound while you're at it!",.....would quit and the truck wouldn't stall while it lurched into gear........Oh no! The blush on your face would damn near be permanent, and would only fade once you reached the city limits........

I think maybe as bad, pulling a mountain,single lane road, just come to a complete stop and get the boxes back in gear, you know what kind of "cussing" is going on behind you.
"Thank goodness we didn't have CBs in those days"

I think maybe as bad, pulling a mountain,single lane road, just come to a complete stop and get the boxes back in gear, you know what kind of "cussing" is going on behind you.

I can only imagine the amount of irate invective from other truckers behind the person who had to come to a complete halt on a hill so you could re-orient the sticks on a Duplex............"Helluva spot for a break, driver!" " Did you just run out of log hours?" " Page #33 on the Driver's Manual, Buddy, will tell you how to get it in gear!" "Do you want us to take a collection up so you can hire a crew to push you over the mountain?".......

And those would be the merely sarcastic, as opposed to the vast amount of scatalogical ones defaming your hereditary, intelligence, and choice of sustenance and eating habits coming over the CB,......That is, if they had been invented by that time......

All ya can do. Stop & start out again. With 2 shifters & 16 possible gears to run in, once you loose your speed it is hard to guess the gear & find the right RPM to get it in the hole. Canary was right.
I always preferred "Hemorrhoid with a Polaroid" myself.......just as descriptive.....
Even better. von.