In the News: Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the Muslim parents of a dead U.S. soldier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Hewlett Packard's Meg Whitman joins CEOs endorsing Clinton
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/hewlett-...orses-hillary-clinton-024150092--finance.html
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Calling Donald Trump an "authoritarian character" and a threat to democracy, Meg Whitman, a prominent Republican fundraiser and chief executive of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, endorsed Democrat Hillary Clinton's White House bid late Tuesday.

"To vote Republican out of party loyalty alone would be to endorse a candidacy that I believe has exploited anger, grievance, xenophobia and racial division. Donald Trump’s demagoguery has undermined the fabric of our national character," Whitman posted on Facebook about the Republican nominee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump: No regrets about drawn-out discord with dead soldier’s family
    https://verizon.yahoo.com/news/trump-no-regrets-drawn-discord-000000390.html

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally at Briar Woods High School, Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2016, in Ashburn, Va. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
    Donald Trump has no remorse about his prolonged hostility towards the family of a slain Muslim-American war hero and appears to be ignoring advice to let go of the feud.

“Please remember, I was viciously attacked and all I did was respond to it and it ends up being a 4 day story,” he later said in an interview with Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

“I don’t regret anything,”

2. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Big money must stay with establishment,on either side,to continue to get their perks.The same thing that Dems have bitched about for years,now dont seem to carry much weight.It never was about the big money,it was about who was getting it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    falconfan, kboomarang and SAC75 like this.
  3. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Magoo

5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

6. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

The sums it up better that a 1000 words could.

7. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

It is about the big money....and yes, it's about who gets it.... The problem is that that both parties get it....and it shows...

8. Rastus

"You had the time. You did not serve," Khan told Cooper. "You should have pinned that back to that veteran's chest and should have hugged him and thanked him." (Purple heart veteran gave Trump a metal).
    Let's face it this Khan is a hack walking all over his hero sons corpse to help the Clinton campaign for who knows what reason when crooked Hillary is involved. My own family has lost marines in combat and I've never seen anyone act like that. They were as much heroes as khans son was.

a9faninnc likes this.
  9. pilot87

Actually many of Trumps statments and behaviors should be cause for alarm...... Clinton should also be viewed with skepticism because of her ties to Wall Street.......among other things.... .
    Most people realize that neither one is going to be a good "choice".... But to defend and excuse Trumps demagoguery just because Clinton has issues as well doesn't make any sense....it just adds to the problem.....

Demagoguery, which is often associated with dictators as well as very sleazy politicians, appeals to the worst nature of some people..... That should alarm people when a demogogue is running for any political office.....even more so when it's the Presidency.....

Magoo likes this.
  10. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

Yeah screw it, let's just become France or Germany.
    Ill take my chances with Trump.

Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  11. Magoo

12. pilot87

Ok.....at least if we become France...we'll have universal health care..... Lol
    My french needs a lot of work....but there is a lot of Spanish spoken there....and my Spanish is pretty decent.....so I'm good..

Falconfan, you're a smart person too....if you want to chance it with Trump.... I respect your choice.... In my opinion....he's not the solution nor the anwser to the screwed up world.....but we all have different and divergent viewpoints...... It is nice to have civilized dialog in expressing such diffrences.... Thanks for that!

falconfan likes this.
  13. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

So an unnamed expert in foreign policy who is known internationally had Trump supposedly ask him this nuke question repeatedly months ago, and only recently choose to break the story to some agenda driven political hack, and to top it off this Hayden never heard about it, yeah right, if that actually happened it would of spread like wildfire in the foreign policy and intelligence communities and would of seen the light of day in the press shortly after it supposedly happened, that's the real way things work, I get filled in on stupid things and major screw ups that happen at companies that I haven't worked for in years, peers share that stuff.

14. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

15. Rastus

There finding out Khan is a democratic hack who happened to have a son killed so it'll be on to the next thing.

16. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Don't have much respect for a man who stands on the coffin of his son spewing political diatribe but that's just me.

Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  17. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

18. Magoo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's gasoline for sure.
    Lets see if more comes out of it, hard to believe the story will just disappear.
    Maybe Scarborough just couldn't keep it inside anymore what someone told him off the record.

19. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Again there is ZERO PROOF! Might as well say he murdered the Pope while your at it too.

20. Magoo

You may be 100% correct it could all be a fabrication.
    Or it could be a huge developing story
    Only time will tell