Estes | In the News YRC 80% chance defaulting on loans

didnt know that i did copy the page to where it came from but it didnt show up!! i did state where it came from that isnt good enough?

BossHog said:
didnt know that i did copy the page to where it came from but it didnt show up!! i did state where it came from that isnt good enough?
I read an article a while back about a news website that derived 100% of its revenue from suing over copyright infringement. I think you can copy one paragraph if you give attribution and provide a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. They would have closed already if they were. Some wants them to succeed. Keeps giving them money.

It's the teamsters that want them to succeed. In the concession deals of the past in trade for the 15% wage cut the union got a lot of YRC stock. The union doesn't want them to go broke, but they've got some SERIOUS debt issues. I think they sold Glen Moore to help with liquidity, but it doesn't sound like it worked. I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but if YRC did go under, everyone else would get busier. That freight would still have to be hauled. There would be jobs at other carriers. Probably not with the bennies and pay, but I'd imagine that most that still want to work (I imagine there are quite a number of YRC drivers still working that really could retire if they wanted) could find a place to land.

News says YRC CFO resigns And goes to work in fast food industy!!!!!! So much for the dollar menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they sold the truckload unit to celadon. And i wouldnt want YRC to go under. that would be too many people out of work, too hard on the already fragile recovering economy. I hope they make it, they should start by ridding the teamsters. Talk about an anchor, and not being able to be competitive. Flame onabout the union comment, but that is just my opinion.

How can a company survive when someone works for 4 hours and gets paid for 8? Most unions are like cancer.

Well s***, here we go again...The reason the guy only worked 4 hours was the dumbass in management that caused him to...not the driver.

The UNION negogiated the 8 hours so that the DUMBASS managers would not starve a man to death.

YRCW employees are making less than the non-union drivers now, and connot show a profit until the debt gets paid down some more....so the "anchor" as you put it is the debt....not the employee trying to make this s*** work and listen to all the mis-informed "drivers" out there like your self..

Obviously you you must not be a Union driver, or you would not have made that statement....so if you ain't, then go to your forum where you are loved there.....KK

Well spoken My Friend, with all that is going on with My Brother and Sisters at (YRC) we don't need someone coming onto the Forum and bashing the company or the union. Maybe he should remember "The Ole Saying" if you don't have nothing good to say then say nothing at all!! Happy Easter and Happy Trails!! :shift:

Well s***, here we go again...The reason the guy only worked 4 hours was the dumbass in management that caused him to...not the driver.

The UNION negogiated the 8 hours so that the DUMBASS managers would not starve a man to death.

YRCW employees are making less than the non-union drivers now, and connot show a profit until the debt gets paid down some more....so the "anchor" as you put it is the debt....not the employee trying to make this s*** work and listen to all the mis-informed "drivers" out there like your self..

Obviously you you must not be a Union driver, or you would not have made that statement....so if you ain't, then go to your forum where you are loved there.....KK

Or doesn't read much......YRC has been at national attention for a while now, he just needs to pay more attention..Or he hates unions... You really don't have to be union to understand what's happening,just stay informed from the right folks...Good post KK....

https://www.gplus.com/trucking/insight/yrc-q2-bottom-line-more-losses-more-expensive-debt-49863

There ya go!!

I couldnt find the article to link in from the journal but found the author. apprently it ran in mutliple outlets anyway that should make it correct.......

Now that we see who is behind this analysis..John Schulz,you can figure on a default not happening. Analysts John Schulz and Anthony l Aldidi are two independent loons who keep repeating the same dooms day crap for the past 4 years or so.

Now that we see who is behind this analysis..John Schulz,you can figure on a default not happening. Analysts John Schulz and Anthony l Aldidi are two independent loons who keep repeating the same dooms day crap for the past 4 years or so.

Sounds like a Coast To Coast twosome...Do they appear on there regularly? They say that's where the "Dooms Day" looneys hang out....

Welch said back in aug or oct he told the lenders to not expect a profit in the 4th and 1st Quarters
Therefore in my humble opinion they are purchasing what they need in those quarters (trucks ect)

what year is that article from. no date and it says companies are reporting a strong second quarter.we just started the second quarter.

Credit-default swap market still skeptical of YRC’s chances - KansasCity.com

This articale has a date and is from the Kanas city star paper... It still has pretty much the same info as the other one i posted..... I really just heard about this on sat radio on the trucker channel i think this is the actual artical that the trucker channel mentioned ...... the other i google yrc default that what came up. to post a quick answer but the this one should be it from the star...............

Based off your comment, it's obvious you're not a YRC employee. We don't work 4 hours and get paid for 8. We, the drivers and dockworkers, are the union so what you are saying is YRC's employees are like cancer and the company needs to find a way to rid themselves of us. YRC's last CEO was spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. That is the only reason this company found itself in trouble and it had absolutely nothing to do with the teamsters. If anything the teamsters have bent over backwards to help save this company from what the past higher ups have done to it. We've reduced our pay, benefits and work rules to better match our non union competition and to be honest it's hard to find someone here who likes it. The only way to rid themselves of the union is for us to vote on it. It's been done before. I believe A Duie Pyle did this a long time ago. For us that would only mean more cuts so no thank you CenturyClass. I think I can speak for the majority when I say we would much rather see them shut down. It's amazing how they can cry about having no money and still reward themselves with millions in bonuses. When it comes to paying off loans and their workforce they're broke. When it comes to rewarding themselves it's like they hit the lottery.

well I think this is the question everyone has..... you oguys as the drivers have bent over backwards not the union itself.. I know several yrc drivers and we talk they are pissed about all the cuts and all the sacrifices you guys have had to make its not fair to the drivers that drivers are the only ones taking cuts the union itself isnt taking cuts believe me I drive by the union offices and see them still driving their expensive sportcars and escalades i bet you dont have the money for a sportscar or escalade, I think that is what us as non union drivers are saying it isnt the yrc drivers its the fact that you guys have to make all the sacrifices and the teamsters arent sacrificing at all because believe me no matter what you are told in union meeting there is still backroom deals being struck between the union bosses and the opco. and the last figure I heard the union dues were like 40 or 50 bucks a month multiply that by all the union drivers in the country now who is the one making all the money and the ones making all the sacrifices?