R&L | incentive

I was just wondering. Any linehaul drivers out there ever get any kind of incentive for helping out on p&d besides the hourly rate?
They might give you a big wet kiss when your done. But only if your nice, at our barn anyway. :console:

I was just wondering. Any linehaul drivers out there ever get any kind of incentive for helping out on p&d besides the hourly rate?
Are you joking??????? At R&L your a driver PERIOD!!! It doesn't matter if your L/H or city we are just drivers call WIL they will tell ya....No incentive's for anything... Well they do have four fabulous resorts:funky: LOL I don't mean to come off sounding harsh but way to many L/H drivers think they will never work the city..... To bad if they say your running the city guess what your running the city or out you go for refusing work..... That's a fact!!!!!!

Are you joking??????? At R&L your a driver PERIOD!!! It doesn't matter if your L/H or city we are just drivers call WIL they will tell ya....No incentive's for anything... Well they do have four fabulous resorts:funky:

And you get to keep your job.

I don't get nothing extra for doing linehaul runs.

LOL I don't mean to come off sounding harsh but way to many L/H drivers think they will never work the city.....

Yeah, right. Maybe at a union company...

To bad if they say your running the city guess what your running the city or out you go for refusing work..... That's a fact!!!!!!
I got a night off once for that, and a punishment load the day after, which consisted of half a trailer load of stuff floor loaded, in an area where 48's definetely don't belong.

Is $23.47 an hour they pay you not enough of an incentive ?? What more do you want ? Have you ever thought of being thankful that you have a job with plenty of work ? It could be a lot worse !!!!

Take it easy braceface. What did the sheep turn you down for some lovin last night or something?:hysterical: I was just a little curious because I heard rumors out there about a little extra for helping out on p&d.

Is $23.47 an hour they pay you not enough of an incentive ?? What more do you want ? Have you ever thought of being thankful that you have a job with plenty of work ? It could be a lot worse !!!!

How about being compensated with overtime pay like all the bigboys do. If they have the money & don't pay their hard working dedicated employees overtime, then IMO thats just plain greed.

How about being compensated with overtime pay like all the bigboys do. If they have the money & don't pay their hard working dedicated employees overtime, then IMO thats just plain greed.

23.47 is good money, when the bigboys are sitting at home because freight is slow and R&L is still going strong.:chairshot:

23.47 is good money,

baby huey

Biography:
work work and more work
Interests:
no hobbies just work
driver
Union affiliation:
Non-Union

It isn't really any of my business, but since you offered this info, then I think that it is fair game to comment on. Maybe if you were paid industry standard wages (overtime) then you might not have to work so many hours & you might have interests other than work

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion even if its wrong or misguided.....

baby huey

Biography:
work work and more work
Interests:
no hobbies just work
driver
Union affiliation:
Non-Union

It isn't really any of my business, but since you offered this info, then I think that it is fair game to comment on. Maybe if you were paid industry standard wages (overtime) then you might not have to work so many hours & you might have interests other than work

Why is that you are so concerned about R&L Carriers and what it pays ? Don't you have enough to worry about with all the mess and problems that your side has ??? Yea boy, R&L pays substandard wages give me a break !!! At least they don't have tons of people layed off, and our business is booming...Can you say that about the carrier you work for ? NO !

baby huey

Biography:
work work and more work
Interests:
no hobbies just work
driver
Union affiliation:
Non-Union

Biography
Go to work at 8:00 A.M. get home at around 5:00 or 6:00.
Interests
Hunting in the winter time and crappie fishing in the summer time,plus taking care of my 4 acre piece of land and going to church on Sundays.
driver
Union affiliation:
Non-Union , and very happy.

All that just to mention on substander pay, plus when I get a raise in pay I don,t have to worry about paying any of it to the union :funky:

All that just to mention on substander pay, plus when I get a raise in pay I don,t have to worry about paying any of it to the union :funky:
Union? Who posted anything about a union? My post was about your company paying you guys overtime like the bigboys. FedEx & ConWay pay overtime.

Why is that you are so concerned about R&L Carriers and what it pays ?
Because I believe that every worker should be payed overtime when they are required to work past their 8hr day or 40hr week.

Don't you have enough to worry about with all the mess and problems that your side has ???
My side? What side is that? I'm on the side of the working man. The R&L driver that peddles in my area works just as hard as I do & he is intitled to be paid overtime. He is forced to stay out for as long as it takes to complete his run & sometimes he has to make out of area pickups before he can go home.

Yea boy, R&L pays substandard wages give me a break !!!
Whats the matter, can't R&L afford to pay its drivers the same as the bigboys? Are they in financial trouble or just greedy? Don't you think that you guys are worth what the other major LTL companies drivers are worth? If all the other bigboys pay overtime why shouldn't you get paid the same?

At least they don't have tons of people layed off, and our business is booming...Can you say that about the carrier you work for ? NO !
If your business is booming, then all the more reason for you to be paid better for all that work that you do........As for ABF, they are holding their own. But if carriers like R&L didn't cut the freight rates at the expense of their workers then their business might be booming too.

Because I believe that every worker should be payed overtime when they are required to work past their 8hr day or 40hr week.

My side? What side is that? I'm on the side of the working man. The R&L driver that peddles in my area works just as hard as I do & he is intitled to be paid overtime. He is forced to stay out for as long as it takes to complete his run & sometimes he has to make out of area pickups before he can go home.

Whats the matter, can't R&L afford to pay its drivers the same as the bigboys? Are they in financial trouble or just greedy? Don't you think that you guys are worth what the other major LTL companies drivers are worth? If all the other bigboys pay overtime why shouldn't you get paid the same?

If your business is booming, then all the more reason for you to be paid better for all that work that you do........As for ABF, they are holding their own. But if carriers like R&L didn't cut the freight rates at the expense of their workers then their business might be booming too.
Most who work for R&L are happy with R&L, and they will still be going when ABF is gone....You worry with ABF and all their problems, we'll worry about R&L and our problems...:funky: If you think ABF is the "Big boys, you need to get a grip...:biglaugh: