R&L | incentive

braceface, you won the debate. You were right. $23.47 straight time is not substandard to $22.73 with overtime & all the benefits that the "bigboys" pay. I promise that in the future I will try & mind my own business & not offer any opinions on the R&L site. From now on it will be off limits to me.........But before I leave the R&L site I'd like to try & respond to your post.
I wonder why you are so concerned with R&L Carriers ? Are you scared ? Are you jealous ? Are you aware that your company can't compete with us ? I think that is it

No, I'm not concerned, scared or jealous of R&L. My original post was just a suggestion as to how R&L could give an "incentive", (the title of this thread) to its dedicated, hard working employees.

No, I wasn't aware that ABF couldn't compete with R&L, but thanks for making me aware of it.....I have been trying to find some facts that might support your opinion but I can't seem to find any. Could you possibly give me some help in finding that information? There is probably plenty of data out there that shows that R&L is superior to ABF, so how about you helping me out.
When most of us earn $65,000.00 to $70,000 a year, only someone who is ignorant would call that substandard pay....I believe that ABF's equipment is substandard, as a matter of fact it looks like junk... Why don't you concern yourself with that fact, and mind your own companies business, and your own problems on the ABF forum ?:chairshot:
Like I posted before, I apologize for my "ignorant" post.....Maybe you can show me the light. A while back on another forum you posted something about your not wanting overtime because your 50 hour a week run would be cut back..... If thats the case them I'll assume that you made your $65,000 to $70,000 last year working 50 plus hours a week. Assuming that my math is correct, then that means that you had to work at least 10 extra days at over 10 hours a days (over 180 extra hours) just to earn the same 65-70 grand that the "bigboys" earned with overtime......How about you addressing that point & show me were thats not substandard & that I'm ignorant........Please don't use that lame excuse about how the "bigboys" are cutting back on the overtime. Everyone knows that its just the opposite & that they are maxing out the O/T for those drivers that are on the street. ( Yes, right now things are slow & there are layoffs in some areas, the economy sucks)

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my "ignorant" questions on this post & I'm thanking you in advance for helping me to see the light.

Don't let braceface get to you 2631. He obviously isn't seeing the big picture here. This comes from a person that thinks R&L is just being competitive in the LTL industry. This company is stooping down so low to get more business by giving things like free liftgate service when they should be charging for it. It's services like that at R&L that is causing hard working P&D drivers to not get paid overtime. It's because of this that I went to linehaul. We also have a heck of a time getting or holding on to good P&D drivers at the Scranton terminal. Yeah, granted most P&D drivers up here are making up to 60 to 65k a year but they are working almost 60 hours every week to get it. Now tell me, what kind of a personal life can you have while working that much?:duh:

This company is stooping down so low to get more business by giving things like free liftgate service when they should be charging for it. It's services like that at R&L that is causing hard working P&D drivers to not get paid overtime. It's because of this that I went to linehaul. We also have a heck of a time getting or holding on to good P&D drivers at the Scranton terminal. Yeah, granted most P&D drivers up here are making up to 60 to 65k a year but they are working almost 60 hours every week to get it. Now tell me, what kind of a personal life can you have while working that much?:duh:
Also can most drivers keep doing 50-60hrs a week when they get to retirement age?????? I know i'll never do it again it takes a special driver besides i like to bend over and tie my shoe laces while standing up:1036316054:... Get hurt in the city and the "Pride in our people" is out the window yet they continue to get the crap freight.... Because they know if a guy gets hurt there is new meat waiting outside the door for a job......

Get hurt in the city and the "Pride in our people" is out the window yet they continue to get the crap freight.... Because they know if a guy gets hurt there is new meat waiting outside the door for a job......

That could probably be said about every company on this site..

Don't let braceface get to you 2631. He obviously isn't seeing the big picture here. This comes from a person that thinks R&L is just being competitive in the LTL industry. This company is stooping down so low to get more business by giving things like free liftgate service when they should be charging for it. It's services like that at R&L that is causing hard working P&D drivers to not get paid overtime. It's because of this that I went to linehaul. We also have a heck of a time getting or holding on to good P&D drivers at the Scranton terminal. Yeah, granted most P&D drivers up here are making up to 60 to 65k a year but they are working almost 60 hours every week to get it. Now tell me, what kind of a personal life can you have while working that much?:duh:

big$driver, your driver profile says that you work for Roadway, and are a Union driver. Your posts seem to indicate you work at R&L...Just curious, where do you actually work?

R&L braceface. Although from the way we are both talking, it sounds like we work at 2 different companies. I do admit many of my comments on here are negative at the company but the conditions at the Scranton terminal are terrible. For one, we still are trying to operate out of a 28 door terminal built back in the 60's and the place is way too small and is falling apart. We keep getting told our new terminal is coming but it seems the company is building new terminals elsewhere and was expanding the coverage area (example: california, etc) but not taking care of the properties they already own. I also believe too that most of the workers up here in the northeast are getting fed up with the poor management by that scumbag Bob Hodgkinson our regional manager. Maybe if the company started by getting rid of him, things might turn around up here.

R&L braceface. Although from the way we are both talking, it sounds like we work at 2 different companies. I do admit many of my comments on here are negative at the company but the conditions at the Scranton terminal are terrible. For one, we still are trying to operate out of a 28 door terminal built back in the 60's and the place is way too small and is falling apart. We keep getting told our new terminal is coming but it seems the company is building new terminals elsewhere and was expanding the coverage area (example: california, etc) but not taking care of the properties they already own. I also believe too that most of the workers up here in the northeast are getting fed up with the poor management by that scumbag Bob Hodgkinson our regional manager. Maybe if the company started by getting rid of him, things might turn around up here.

I hear you man... I have often said on these boards that the northeast seems to be run diffrently than the rest of the company...28 doors is riduculous, we have 66 doors, and at times that is not enough...I hope things get better for you guys....Maybe Wilmington monitors the things that are being said on these boards, and will come and check out Scranton and make some changes for guys..

I heard they are building a new terminal in scranton. This process does take a lot of time. I know when they built the new Richmond terminal a few years back that took a couple of years.

But with the Scranton terminal there has been talk of building or expanding since before the Norristown terminal even came to be...and who gets the new terminal first???
I will garentee that no other terminal the same size moves as much freight or has as many runs.
:nutkick:

Is $23.47 an hour they pay you not enough of an incentive ?? What more do you want ? Have you ever thought of being thankful that you have a job with plenty of work ? It could be a lot worse !!!!

as a floater I've been off 3 days in a row. It's not enough Ot should be payed this company is greedy Brace try to feed a family of 5 on 1 day a week if we have so much work to be thankful for where the hell is it or is my tm just a ***** and won't work me to fatten his bonus? when i do get to work it's 11 hrs a day thank God, the 3 hours payed at Ot like a union co would help. by the way from your posts you an :butt kiss:yes it could be worse you could be at my barn

as a floater I've been off 3 days in a row. It's not enough Ot should be payed this company is greedy Brace try to feed a family of 5 on 1 day a week if we have so much work to be thankful for where the hell is it or is my tm just a ***** and won't work me to fatten his bonus? when i do get to work it's 11 hrs a day thank God, the 3 hours payed at Ot like a union co would help. by the way from your posts you an :butt kiss:yes it could be worse you could be at my barn

Well first off how long have you been around ? What terminal do you work at ? The way you sound, you act as though you are owed something... You are owed nothing, if you want something in life stop complaining and go out and get it..You are probably someone that jumps from job to job always thinking it will be greener on the other side.The company is not greedy, it is generous !! If you want OT go to work for an outfit that pays it. I am not a :butt kiss:, I work hard and thankful for the job I have. Since you have a family of 5 support them and stop crying about it. You made the choice to have a family, now go out and do what it takes to support them. Get rid of the attitude, be thankful, work your *** off and stop complaining and you might get somwhere in life..

Well first off how long have you been around ? What terminal do you work at ? The way you sound, you act as though you are owed something... You are owed nothing, if you want something in life stop complaining and go out and get it..You are probably someone that jumps from job to job always thinking it will be greener on the other side.The company is not greedy, it is generous !! If you want OT go to work for an outfit that pays it. I am not a :butt kiss:, I work hard and thankful for the job I have. Since you have a family of 5 support them and stop crying about it. You made the choice to have a family, now go out and do what it takes to support them. Get rid of the attitude, be thankful, work your *** off and stop complaining and you might get somwhere in life..
I have to stick up for the guy....... I've seen it happen before... R&L's promise of 50K+ a year plus benefits what a crock....... They over hire and let guys sit at home... Seen it happen when they went west......

I'm owed a job to make a decent living,when I hired on nearly two years ago I was told R&L never lays-off plenty of work If they would layoff maybe we floaters could draw unemployment at times which I probably wouldn't do because By the way I have plenty in life multiple homes & money in bank plus luxuries most people don't my only reason to work here is to provide health insurance for my family I've been in the LTL business 25 years with 3 other companies besides R&L I give 110% each day or night I work. In your posts you come off as a bad guy that ***** on others opinions there are good and bad at every company I am just telling my bad opinion of R&L which is what this forum is for as all of your opinions are one sided as to if you don't like it go somewhere else attitude if no one complained others will be misled also thanks have a great weekend & holiday

I'm owed a job to make a decent living,when I hired on nearly two years ago I was told R&L never lays-off plenty of work If they would layoff maybe we floaters could draw unemployment at times which I probably wouldn't do because By the way I have plenty in life multiple homes & money in bank plus luxuries most people don't my only reason to work here is to provide health insurance for my family I've been in the LTL business 25 years with 3 other companies besides R&L I give 110% each day or night I work. In your posts you come off as a bad guy that ***** on others opinions there are good and bad at every company I am just telling my bad opinion of R&L which is what this forum is for as all of your opinions are one sided as to if you don't like it go somewhere else attitude if no one complained others will be misled also thanks have a great weekend & holiday
Must have struck a nerve !!!! Calm down, it WILL be alright !!!!