Income

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by vongrimmenstein, Sep 6, 2017.

1. albag

albag Pray for peace!

I'm going to agree that the question was posed to get a known response, which it did. But sometimes diplomacy is the proper course of action. You could have been a bit more tolerant. He is looked upon favorably on the "other" bulletin board, and I know this for a fact.
    But those of us of a certain "cabal" will take an opportunity to pillory a BULLFROGer! :emoticon digging::bowdown:

Elwood, jimmy g and ABFer like this.
  2. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Hey jenny , reread it ! Its YRCW thats NOT paying up !!! What I'm saying is that YRCW is to F-ing CHEAP to pay up and help people !

maz123 likes this.
  3. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

We all need a vacation.
    :17142:

Dick Dastardly, Big Dave and jimmy g like this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

If it had happened at Indy when it was Yellow, Maryann would've let you slide your vacation to the time it was closed, I'm pretty sure. She let me slide mine when my Dad was dying, 600 miles away. Boss had told me- go, we'll work it out. (I was already there)

albag likes this.
  5. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Ahhh. The good ol days. Now. They fight you every step of the way. Right or wrong.

albag, vongrimmenstein and jimmy g like this.
  6. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I like the mention of the 'cabal' giving the retired bull frogger a hard time. Anything less would be a disappointment. And yes I have posted something just to get a reaction. Guilty as charged. And I do go back & forth on the boards for info & entertainment. As to my question, I really had no idea if Teamsters @ ABF or YRC, or any other union outfit were paid when the company had a temporary shutdown due to weather. I was under the impression if you had a bid you were guaranteed you 8 hour pay if you showed up to work. Being retired it does not affect me one way or the other. Just curious. Also, to the other posters who might comment on my ‘dumb question’ I ask that you send me about $3500 each month to help pay my bills. Then, just as soon as the check clears the bank. I will devote a lot of my time in really giving a rat’s a** as to your opinions. Thank you. Von.

7. vongrimmenstein

I like your post. Especially about wanting quality information about our industry without all the political comment. Years ago a web trucking board like this one & others was a smash hit. Very popular. It was called trucknet.com. And it finally failed, for different reasons. But the main one was the owner brought in different moderators with a heavy hand. Next thing you know people were being banned or censored. The combination of those 2 actions will sink just about any internet web site. In general people don't post on these boards to see their comments erased. Will TB fold? I doubt it. But people do move on for greener pastures. von.

Top Dawg likes this.
  8. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

BIG R asks von to do his own research.
    ABFer passes judgement.
    ABFer attempts to draw similarities in his v. Big R's responses.

I have no desire to be 'boss,' nor do I wish death upon anyone that it might come to pass.

jimmy g and vongrimmenstein like this.
  9. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

But, I'm ON vacation!!

10. vongrimmenstein

Man has got to get his rest. But I am hanging on for dear posting by a thread here. Looking for your quick return from vacation. I need all the help I can find. No change that, I am beyond help. von.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. vongrimmenstein

Well. if my dumb question wins me a award, the next one should be just a tad smarter. I wonder what my award for improvement will be? von.