Yellow | Income

Nobody died and made you boss either, you don't get to say who goes and who stays. It doesn't go unnoticed that neither of you had anything to say about BIG R GUY's comment, which basically said the same thing mine did.
I'm going to agree that the question was posed to get a known response, which it did. But sometimes diplomacy is the proper course of action. You could have been a bit more tolerant. He is looked upon favorably on the "other" bulletin board, and I know this for a fact.
But those of us of a certain "cabal" will take an opportunity to pillory a BULLFROGer! :emoticon digging::bowdown:

You are really a pathetic P.O.S. Hope you're never need of help. Because, I doubt many people would wanna help with your situation.
Hey jenny , reread it ! Its YRCW thats NOT paying up !!! What I'm saying is that YRCW is to F-ing CHEAP to pay up and help people !

If a YRC terminal employee is a Union dock worker or city driver with a bid, (not 10%e employee) and the YRC closed the terminal due to the flooding, is that dock worker paid while it is closed? Is there contract language that talks about this? von.
If it had happened at Indy when it was Yellow, Maryann would've let you slide your vacation to the time it was closed, I'm pretty sure. She let me slide mine when my Dad was dying, 600 miles away. Boss had told me- go, we'll work it out. (I was already there)

I'm going to agree that the question was posed to get a known response, which it did. But sometimes diplomacy is the proper course of action. You could have been a bit more tolerant. He is looked upon favorably on the "other" bulletin board, and I know this for a fact.
But those of us of a certain "cabal" will take an opportunity to pillory a BULLFROGer! :emoticon digging::bowdown:

I like the mention of the 'cabal' giving the retired bull frogger a hard time. Anything less would be a disappointment. And yes I have posted something just to get a reaction. Guilty as charged. And I do go back & forth on the boards for info & entertainment. As to my question, I really had no idea if Teamsters @ ABF or YRC, or any other union outfit were paid when the company had a temporary shutdown due to weather. I was under the impression if you had a bid you were guaranteed you 8 hour pay if you showed up to work. Being retired it does not affect me one way or the other. Just curious. Also, to the other posters who might comment on my ‘dumb question’ I ask that you send me about $3500 each month to help pay my bills. Then, just as soon as the check clears the bank. I will devote a lot of my time in really giving a rat’s a** as to your opinions. Thank you. Von.

So besides being a "super moderator" you're a mind reader too? Nobody cares if you know him. You're a moderator, answer his question like a professional or a union brother who may actually give a $h!t or leave it alone. When someone is asking a question about money ( income) don't give a ignorant answer! Mr. Super Moderator.
Years ago this used to be a good place to go to get or give information. Now we can't have a single thread without someone or several someone's making pathetic attempts at being comedians. I know that I'm not the first to complain. In fact Kennesaw Kid made a special thread for the comedians and jokers. We need to quit the joking around this company is kicking our asses we need to cut the crap and answer people's questions. We need to give good information and really make an attempt to help each other. Relying on our international and our locals isn't going to get us anywhere!

I like your post. Especially about wanting quality information about our industry without all the political comment. Years ago a web trucking board like this one & others was a smash hit. Very popular. It was called trucknet.com. And it finally failed, for different reasons. But the main one was the owner brought in different moderators with a heavy hand. Next thing you know people were being banned or censored. The combination of those 2 actions will sink just about any internet web site. In general people don't post on these boards to see their comments erased. Will TB fold? I doubt it. But people do move on for greener pastures. von.

What does ABF do in that same situation?
BIG R asks von to do his own research.
This question wins the dumbest question award.
ABFer passes judgement.
Nobody died and made you boss either, you don't get to say who goes and who stays. It doesn't go unnoticed that neither of you had anything to say about BIG R GUY's comment, which basically said the same thing mine did.
ABFer attempts to draw similarities in his v. Big R's responses.

I have no desire to be 'boss,' nor do I wish death upon anyone that it might come to pass.

But, I'm ON vacation!!

Man has got to get his rest. But I am hanging on for dear posting by a thread here. Looking for your quick return from vacation. I need all the help I can find. No change that, I am beyond help. von.

Last edited:
BIG R asks von to do his own research.

ABFer passes judgement.

ABFer attempts to draw similarities in his v. Big R's responses.

I have no desire to be 'boss,' nor do I wish death upon anyone that it might come to pass.

Well. if my dumb question wins me a award, the next one should be just a tad smarter. I wonder what my award for improvement will be? von.