ODFL | Indy/Brownsburg

leftie

TB Lurker
Credits
Both are hiring, both have called.

Brownsburg called for P&D and Linehaul.
Indy called for Linehaul.

Anyone around the area have any insight on the two?

My main concern for the time being would be staying busy through the slow season as if I took the job I'd be the bottom of the board going into winter. Somewhat unsettling but so far everyone I've talked to seems to think I'll be busy enough.

Indy is huge, brownsburg is new-ish, both good places to get a bid within a couple years? or is decades more accurate? haha

Both are hiring, both have called.

Brownsburg called for P&D and Linehaul.
Indy called for Linehaul.

Anyone around the area have any insight on the two?

My main concern for the time being would be staying busy through the slow season as if I took the job I'd be the bottom of the board going into winter. Somewhat unsettling but so far everyone I've talked to seems to think I'll be busy enough.

Indy is huge, brownsburg is new-ish, both good places to get a bid within a couple years? or is decades more accurate? haha

My guess is BBI line would start out shuttling IND all night for hourly. IND extraboard has no problem staying busy all winter. IND gives you a start day for the week and calls all drivers due up for day one of the week before everyone else, then wheel the rest of the week. I also believe they have a day and night extraboard so that you aren't flipping days to nights all the time. I would go with IND, all the good line runs at BBI got taken when they opened the barn and guys from IND transferred.

My guess is BBI line would start out shuttling IND all night for hourly. IND extraboard has no problem staying busy all winter. IND gives you a start day for the week and calls all drivers due up for day one of the week before everyone else, then wheel the rest of the week. I also believe they have a day and night extraboard so that you aren't flipping days to nights all the time. I would go with IND, all the good line runs at BBI got taken when they opened the barn and guys from IND transferred.
Finding any negatives to this company is turning out to be pretty difficult. thanks for the insight that helps a lot
I'm doing about 1300/week now M-F so it sounds like the only downfall will be losing my weekends for a few years
Fine by me. Anyone else get the too good to be true feeling when starting out? Lol

Finding any negatives to this company is turning out to be pretty difficult. thanks for the insight that helps a lot
I'm doing about 1300/week now M-F so it sounds like the only downfall will be losing my weekends for a few years
Fine by me. Anyone else get the too good to be true feeling when starting out? Lol

You won't see below 1600 a week unless you take a day off. Most new drivers are making 90-100+ first year on line.

Knuckles what are you pulling being new again?

You won't see below 1600 a week unless you take a day off. Most new drivers are making 90-100+ first year on line.

Cha-Ching! Don't tell the old lady that or I'll never see any of it!

Billy, you may won't to clarify this, some new guys may think this includes your grass cutting earnings.
BTW, Dave is looking for someone to clean the Gold Hotel between trips, you may check on this, since baseball season
is ending, I'm sure Ump will toss his name in the hat. "no pun intended" "eh, I guess it really was"

It's really not too good to be true, been here 4 years, can't believe how easy this place is to work for....

Leftie..I left my line job to be a grocery deliveries driver, worst decision I made in a long time. Since returning in july 17, I have no problems making 1800-2000 per week, it depends on what runs I choose. Up here in the PNW we only have a few because of being a end of line terminal but have been running steady. Its "not too good to be true" but, you do need to be a little flexible when on Wild board. We usually get saturday off and go out sunday night to start the week. We had a great guy transfer in from Harrisburg PA a couple years ago and said things are run a little different out here than the mid west/east coast. Most our runs are PM vs variety of times back there he said. I am extremely glad to be back. Just remember, Its not a perfect job but then I dont think there is any perfect job out there anymore, its all what you make of it. Best of luck to ya

Leftie..I left my line job to be a grocery deliveries driver, worst decision I made in a long time. Since returning in july 17, I have no problems making 1800-2000 per week, it depends on what runs I choose. Up here in the PNW we only have a few because of being a end of line terminal but have been running steady. Its "not too good to be true" but, you do need to be a little flexible when on Wild board. We usually get saturday off and go out sunday night to start the week. We had a great guy transfer in from Harrisburg PA a couple years ago and said things are run a little different out here than the mid west/east coast. Most our runs are PM vs variety of times back there he said. I am extremely glad to be back. Just remember, Its not a perfect job but then I dont think there is any perfect job out there anymore, its all what you make of it. Best of luck to ya

Should've taken that team spot for an easy 2400 a week.

Thanks Knucklehead! In all my time on the road the PNW and Maine are the only places I've yet to put any miles down. Wonder if they ever let extra board guys bag out for a bit and get to know the other regions?

Anyway I officially accepted the offer and got approval from corporate so looking forward to getting out there and getting my name on the board. I'm supposed to start at the one year rate which is pretty nice, didn't expect that but I'll take it without asking questions haha

Thanks Knucklehead! In all my time on the road the PNW and Maine are the only places I've yet to put any miles down. Wonder if they ever let extra board guys bag out for a bit and get to know the other regions?

Anyway I officially accepted the offer and got approval from corporate so looking forward to getting out there and getting my name on the board. I'm supposed to start at the one year rate which is pretty nice, didn't expect that but I'll take it without asking questions haha

Knuckles started at full rate quit and came back and still got full rate. Don't settle for a year.

Welcome aboard!! You made a the right decision!

Knuckles started at full rate quit and came back and still got full rate. Don't settle for a year.
I probably would've pushed if I knew that's how it worked haha
Oh well, starting at the year rate will just give me more raises to look forward to.