ODFL | Indy/Brownsburg

That still beats what a lot of people pay these days. Will be top rate in no time.
Definitely true from what I've seen.
Even the companies that match OD's pay aren't consistently rated as high among employees other than maybe Dayton Freight. Those guys seem pretty happy.

I guess UPSF might pay a little more but what's that matter when outside carriers are pulling all their freight. I saw a report somewhere that showed OD outsources less than 1% of their total freight volume. That's a huge plus in my opinion.

I applied with Indy a month or two ago and they called the same day. I have two points on my driving record but, somehow she said I listed four on the application ( I double checked, only two).

Anyways, she told me to double check and she’d call me back, well she never called back and I called her and left a message. I reapplied and haven’t heard squat. I have years of experience, no accidents ever and all the endorsements. The two points I have are for going down a no truck road that I had a delivery on haha.

Should I call the terminal manager? I don’t want to go down and harass him but, corporate won’t call me back. I’d really like to get the job.

I applied with Indy a month or two ago and they called the same day. I have two points on my driving record but, somehow she said I listed four on the application ( I double checked, only two).

Anyways, she told me to double check and she’d call me back, well she never called back and I called her and left a message. I reapplied and haven’t heard squat. I have years of experience, no accidents ever and all the endorsements. The two points I have are for going down a no truck road that I had a delivery on haha.

Should I call the terminal manager? I don’t want to go down and harass him but, corporate won’t call me back. I’d really like to get the job.
Call em . Nothing to lose, a lot to gain. Diplomacy is the key word during you phone call. von.

So, you were cited for attempting a residential delivery on a ‘no trucks’ road? There’s no such thing as a ‘no trucks’ road in the freight biz, IMO. I hope you fought that citation in court.

So, you were cited for attempting a residential delivery on a ‘no trucks’ road? There’s no such thing as a ‘no trucks’ road in the freight biz, IMO. I hope you fought that citation in court.

Oh yeah I fought it, no dice. They determined I could have entered the road from the other end and would have only been on it for 500 yards instead of around a mile. It was stupid. The worst part is that the ticket was issued by the Hall county sheriffs department and the delivery was DEF for the Hall county fire dept.

Oh yeah I fought it, no dice. They determined I could have entered the road from the other end and would have only been on it for 500 yards instead of around a mile. It was stupid. The worst part is that the ticket was issued by the Hall county sheriffs department and the delivery was DEF for the Hall county fire dept.
Wow. Was BillyLo the judge? Because that's :horseshit:, I mean goat:::shit:::.

Did the company pay the fine? And, was the road clearly posted for truck restrictions? von.

Did the company pay the fine? And, was the road clearly posted for truck restrictions? von.

Company did not pay the fine and yes the road is clearly posted. Trucks use to use it to cut from one state road to another because going around was a pain in the rear. I did come in from the long way because I did not want to go around but, thought nothing of it as the delivery was on said road. It was a cheap ticket, $130 I think and shows up as "disregarding a traffic safety device". Oh well, lesson learned.

And let me tell you what, I ain't even bs'ing, when I couldn't get my truck near a place I put miles on the pallet jack pushing it. Anything to get the freight off the truck and to avoid a return slip. But then again, I'm in better shape than all you drivers so won't nothing to slow me down. The fun part is you get to ride the pallet jack back to the truck.

And let me tell you what, I ain't even bs'ing, when I couldn't get my truck near a place I put miles on the pallet jack pushing it. Anything to get the freight off the truck and to avoid a return slip. But then again, I'm in better shape than all you drivers so won't nothing to slow me down. The fun part is you get to ride the pallet jack back to the truck.

I would have rode the pallet jack to the customer, my company has electric jacks haha.

KbGEalB.jpg

They're expanding the Indy yard again??

Didn't they just add like 100 doors in 2011 and then build Brownsburg a couple years ago and they still need more room now?

Yea they bought whatever was next door just been using it as storage until today saw they were tearing the old shop down

This guy should've parked his truck by the restricted sign and then pushed the pallet jack down the street with the freight on it. No pain, NO GAIN!
We do that at ABF Freight. Ludicrous home deliveries are getting painfully out of hand. Uphill, downhill, gravel road? No problem. Our steel-wheeled pallet jacks can navigate ANY terrain! And, with the average age of our P & D drivers at 57, our ‘young bucks’ get it done!!

Yea they bought whatever was next door just been using it as storage until today saw they were tearing the old shop down
Awesome. You just can't beat ODs growth. Hopefully Indy will continue to grow and expand like it has in the last decade.