TForce | INDY Contract Terms

I'm tired of working split shifts. No time and ahalf after 8. I pay over $80 a week in bennys. It went up when UPS took over. Next year it could go up to $110 or more. When UPS cracks the wip it might be nice to have job protection. I have to vote the less of two evils. UPS had plenty of time to offer us something good to stay non union. UPS does not have to give up there share of the UPS saving plan.Thats the way they are. I had a funny feeling they were going to take that away sonner or later when they decided to give there shares in stock instead of cash. I think I'm going to learn about UPS the hard way. Oh well I'm not going to loose any sleep over UPS. I've worked for alot of truckin companys here today gone tommorrow.

year one .65
year two .70
year three .75
year four .80
year five + 6 mos. .85

that is $3.75

you won't see the .90 until 6 years and 6 months but that still is only an actual $.67 raise if it was payed for the whole year.

Why does the union pay half now half later?
I can only think of one reason too make you think your getting a bigger raise.

Anyone else know?

The union Doesn't pay half now half later, the company does.

This is a new UPS tactic which is in the new parcel contract also.
Remember UPS? They are the ones you work for, not the union.

I find it hard to believe youa re all jumping off the bridge with all the crap being posted here.

TDU is shyt stirring organization that spews crap, does nothing for the membership, and in most cases hurts more than helps.

Why did Indy vote 107-1. I find those numbers overwheling in favor of. Maybe they were threatened with having their legs broke, Maybe Tony Soprano wa there to collect the ballots......give me a break, give it a chance to get into print and see it and decide.

Most of this is made up crap from anti-union members. Funny how they come out of the woodwork as soon as somone or sdomething negative arises.

T251

how do you come up with $4.65?
like I said most people are just looking at the surface at the end of the fifth year the raises will total $3.75

if we continue to get what have gotten in the past rom the company which is $.50 that will be $2.50 at 5 years.

who in there right mind would give up there 401k match and pay @ $57 in dues, for an extra $1.25 over 5 years?

Ah when the teamsters say we wll get a $.65 raise it actually averages it out to $.48 becuase you only get half of it for the first 6 months.

if the contract made sense I would be fo it, but it doesn't

According to what was posted the initial .65 is immediate, then the rest are split between Jan and July each year, but either way 4.65 increase total over 5 years even if given in 6 month intervals is still 4.65 not 2.50 as you say you would get anyway even without a contract ( .50 a year average increase)

Not sure where you went to school but something is wrong with your math.

FM

Your right 251 UPS can give us more or less. I got a funny feeling UPS wants to see us blame the union for any contract problems. WE can always fight for more but who wants to walk not me.

I'm tired of working split shifts. No time and ahalf after 8. I pay over $80 a week in bennys. It went up when UPS took over. Next year it could go up to $110 or more. When UPS cracks the wip it might be nice to have job protection. I have to vote the less of two evils. UPS had plenty of time to offer us something good to stay non union. UPS does not have to give up there share of the UPS saving plan.Thats the way they are. I had a funny feeling they were going to take that away sonner or later when they decided to give there shares in stock instead of cash. I think I'm going to learn about UPS the hard way. Oh well I'm not going to loose any sleep over UPS. I've worked for alot of truckin companys here today gone tommorrow.

What are you paying over $80 a week for. I have family option #2 and all dental and life for 1 million Disability etc, and pay $41 per week. Are you management since you are paying double and get paid twice per month?

Hey,hey,hey CFer helped me come back with my old handle even though my computer is still not letting me log on the internet with my original server.

Well now that I'm back here as good old Apostolic.
Heres some more of my 2 cents,I think the raise is a total package amount,not just wages?

And we will be paying dues to the Teamsters for their representation of us,if the company's TM's or supervisors decide to break any of the articles in the contract language,after its in place.
We also are paying to be represented with a voice from the workers regarding bargaining of future contract proposals.

Wages,and benefits are negotiated,between the union,and the company,not just decided from the high tower of power from the company higher-ups,and given to us at the midnight hour.

We all know the old saying you get what you pay for.
When you settle for less,less is all you'll get.

One last note on this post number #47.

It seems to me that I remember Just-me posting all of the time before the Indy contract was done.
That if the Indy workers thought it stunk up the place,they would send everyone back to the table,to fix it?

Now either the Teamsters twisted their arms,and rail roaded this contract through Indy,or Indy thought it was a good start,and the majority won,to except it.

Until the rest of us can view what Indy excepted we really can't say either way if it stinks,or if its a good start?

Mr Overnite is the only other one that seems to do the math correct... This contract is a big LOSER.. I bet UPS got up from the table and had to hold themselves back from the high fives... What a joke.. They can get rid of a whole department. The raise on the half, what a magic trick.. Those of us that care about our future retirement know that it is about the 401k... We all saw what the teamsters did with theirs once b4.. They have to have us, just to pay for everyone else to retire..

How about the old so called fully funded Overnite pension funds?
What happened to that,does UPS have that sitting in a high interest bank account,building up more funds?

Or is this the money they are using to purchase better equipment?

Ya, thats the way to be smart. Vote union just because its union. No matter that if the contract is the way its sounding like, we take it in the ***. Actually losing money. But ya, vote union just because.
I am amazed at how you have found out my logic. Trust the company or trust yourself? The union is the workers.

I think the pension is the same plan. We are not with master freight. I don't think the teamsters will have control of or pension. There are new laws on pension plans. Maybe I'm wrong but I think next year plans can't be underfunded.

Will there be a copy of the contract there for you to read. Otherwise its a wast of time. The facts are in the contract and with out it you won't get the facts.

Yes there will be a contract there , so we are told. We shall see the guy's at the barn have already said they will leave if it is not there.

year one .65
year two .70
year three .75
year four .80
year five + 6 mos. .85

that is $3.75

you won't see the .90 until 6 years and 6 months but that still is only an actual $.67 raise if it was payed for the whole year.

Why does the union pay half now half later?
I can only think of one reason too make you think your getting a bigger raise.

Anyone else know?

I was quoted by a brownie,they get thier raises the same way. Menlo will be getting thier raises the same way.

Now if I am correct we do get the raises you have mentioned but, $.50 of this is retroactive from last yaer for INDY, they did not get thier raise. So make sure we take that off of the top.

The Union is for the Dues.. Who do you work for lieb and how long.... You sound like Hoffa Jr. Jr.

Once again you anti-union fellows attack me. You must be afraid of something or management. Spare me the reply telling me your not, you can't prove it anyway.:1036316054: