TForce | INDY Contract Terms

I'm tired of working split shifts. No time and ahalf after 8. I pay over $80 a week in bennys. It went up when UPS took over. Next year it could go up to $110 or more. When UPS cracks the wip it might be nice to have job protection. I have to vote the less of two evils. UPS had plenty of time to offer us something good to stay non union. UPS does not have to give up there share of the UPS saving plan.Thats the way they are. I had a funny feeling they were going to take that away sonner or later when they decided to give there shares in stock instead of cash. I think I'm going to learn about UPS the hard way. Oh well I'm not going to loose any sleep over UPS. I've worked for alot of truckin companys here today gone tommorrow.

There you go take your skills and move on when this place close's it's doors. Just I stated in my survey I'll move on. :smilie_132:

Hey,hey,hey CFer helped me come back with my old handle even though my computer is still not letting me log on the internet with my original server.

Well now that I'm back here as good old Apostolic.
Heres some more of my 2 cents,I think the raise is a total package amount,not just wages?

And we will be paying dues to the Teamsters for their representation of us,if the company's TM's or supervisors decide to break any of the articles in the contract language,after its in place.
We also are paying to be represented with a voice from the workers regarding bargaining of future contract proposals.

Wages,and benefits are negotiated,between the union,and the company,not just decided from the high tower of power from the company higher-ups,and given to us at the midnight hour.

We all know the old saying you get what you pay for.
When you settle for less,less is all you'll get.

One last note on this post number #47.

It seems to me that I remember Just-me posting all of the time before the Indy contract was done.
That if the Indy workers thought it stunk up the place,they would send everyone back to the table,to fix it?

Now either the Teamsters twisted their arms,and rail roaded this contract through Indy,or Indy thought it was a good start,and the majority won,to except it.

Until the rest of us can view what Indy excepted we really can't say either way if it stinks,or if its a good start?

APO Welcome back :smilie_132:

Mr Overnite is the only other one that seems to do the math correct... This contract is a big LOSER..

What contract??? Have you laid eyes on it???

Are you just listening to the rumors?

You Anti union guys sure come out of the wood work in packs.

Is O-nites math correct? Check again.

Here's a little math for you:
If I start getting paid for delay like I used to, one of two things will happen.
I will either get close to $8000 more per year or they will get their shyte together and get me out on time and give me more home time.
Either way I win. The $60 a month for dues would be worth it.

No he is not MGNT. I pay $50.00 a week for medical with nothing but medical, for family, with "O" I was paying $25.00.

So what happened in 3 year's time, I have everything I submitted for benifits with "O" on backup and the past 2 years have been the biggest increases , so the hell with the teamsters and in 5 years we can pay close to 2 times what we are paying now, and it is not impractical, it's happening everywhere. And maybe, when the men on the top are done calculating the #'s mike can tell the investors again, we are going to give our associates what they deserve, and what they have worked so hard to achieve. We were supposed to get better then the NMFA and what did we get?,This is not the Teamsters, Its Brown that did this.

the contract locks that rate we pay now in for 5 years and that is a problem as opposed to before, and the INS. was better in my opinion with "O". Even with the dues per month I will be paying $50.00 less.

What did we get? Rumors. Have you seen the contract? If you have let the rest of us in on it. And I don't mean some posting off that media hole rumor mill TDU either.

Everybody is soo suprised at the 401k and everyone wanted soo badly to be just like parcel that anything less than that is unacceptable.

This is not aimed a you Acc:

We are laborers, Truck Drivers, Dockworkers and so on. We don't work in a clean room. What makes us so much better than those represented under NMFA? What makes us better than the rest of the non-represented LTL carriers? Just because we are a subsidiary of UPS were better? And we expect to be paid better and have better benefits soley based on this? I'm all for getting what we deserve but some of you guys are being downright greedy. Your expectations are at a higher level and anything that fall's short is totally unacceptable. That in itself is unacceptable.

Go on and speculate, and spread the rumors. This I will not be apart of.

What did we get? Rumors. Have you seen the contract? If you have let the rest of us in on it. And I don't mean some posting off that media hole rumor mill TDU either.

Everybody is soo suprised at the 401k and everyone wanted soo badly to be just like parcel that anything less than that is unacceptable.

This is not aimed a you Acc:

We are laborers, Truck Drivers, Dockworkers and so on. We don't work in a clean room. What makes us so much better than those represented under NMFA? What makes us better than the rest of the non-represented LTL carriers? Just because we are a subsidiary of UPS were better? And we expect to be paid better and have better benefits soley based on this? I'm all for getting what we deserve but some of you guys are being downright greedy. Your expectations are at a higher level and anything that fall's short is totally unacceptable. That in itself is unacceptable.

Go on and speculate, and spread the rumors. This I will not be apart of.

I realize this is not aimed at me, and you are correct, the rumor mill is turning at high speed, 2 men from INDY pm me and told me about the INS. , Did not elaborate much on anything else ,as well as the confirmation from the TDU, but again I feel the same as you and we do not know what this mongrole contract entails yet. Needless to say if indy wanted this there is a reason for it.

After this sunday I hope to see for my own eyes and will be able to pass better judgement then.

There has to be something better then what we are seeing, and if not the time for the truth appears and what shall we do.

There is 3 different options, but we need the feel of the masses. The work rules and the retirement was my 2 biggest issues ,and as you can see ,we still have a retirement, The question is how long will we maintain a company controlled pention? These were my core issues, as I have said before everything else is a benifit.

What are you paying over $80 a week for. I have family option #2 and all dental and life for 1 million Disability etc, and pay $41 per week. Are you management since you are paying double and get paid twice per month?

I have blue cross hmo family, I pay $83.20 per week. And I am not managment!!!

.65 immediately for the first year
.70 after the first year
.75 after the second year
.80 after the third year
.85 after the fourth year
.90 after fifth year

it is 4.65 over 6.5 years
I never said it was 2.50

I said if we get .50 a year for five years from the company it would total 2.50

you don't get the .90 until after the fifth year is up which is in the sixth year

and this is for ind. which is .50 behind the rest of the company already and they will not get the january raise either.

If this is the model contract wouldnt it be .65 Immediatly and then split every 6 months for everybody?:1036316054:

some people don't understand, if your fired your 401k is yours and can be taken with you, and my math doesn't leave out overtime it doesn't matter if I would have used 50 hours a week.

If your gonna get overtime your gonna get overtime.

and what do you mean $7.06 is not the norm? that is what everyone pays that just insures themself.
With a contract in place I am confident you wont have to worry about getting fired.

Welcome to the world of the UPS Engineers.......my name is Dingbat....How may I screw up your region??

Umm... yes Dingbat can I have my freight on time and I mean in 2 days or less rather than in 7 days? :biglaugh: can I also have my freight without damage? :hysterical: :hysterical: Oh I almost forgot can I have equipment at my dock that is not falling apart? :biglaugh:

You are correct, No matter what reason for leaving a company, your 401k is yours, But you must roll it over or prove a hardship and pay a HUGE penalty.:1036316054:
You can always roll it over in to an IRA tax free until you get another 401k going at your new job then roll it into your new 401k. I am still waiting for my money in my teamster 401k at mass mutual, they are holding it hostage and I really want to put into my new 401k.

The union Doesn't pay half now half later, the company does.

This is a new UPS tactic which is in the new parcel contract also.
Remember UPS? They are the ones you work for, not the union.

I find it hard to believe youa re all jumping off the bridge with all the crap being posted here.

TDU is shyt stirring organization that spews crap, does nothing for the membership, and in most cases hurts more than helps.

Why did Indy vote 107-1. I find those numbers overwheling in favor of. Maybe they were threatened with having their legs broke, Maybe Tony Soprano wa there to collect the ballots......give me a break, give it a chance to get into print and see it and decide.

Most of this is made up crap from anti-union members. Funny how they come out of the woodwork as soon as somone or sdomething negative arises.

T251

Well said....Thanks for the honesty there fella....It gets lost and everyones hair catches on fire....AND A WAY THEY GO!!!!!!

O.K. you have not read the contract then.

Yes he has.....Its so bad that it could be printed on one sheet of paper....You know the union is so broke that they could not afford the real attorney to fill in all the fine print...You know like work rules and all the stuff that we were all so pissed about in the first place.....And at the bottom the "AT WILL " statement is now used - Use contract carriers and leasers AT WILL.....Whatever....

Unless you go on disability..Did you know under the current plan that a road drivers disabilty pay is based on 40hrs. x your top hourly pay for 4 wks. then 60% for 26wks short or long term. Not your base pay as it was sold to us bye UPSF, If you make $50,000 or $120,000 that is what it pays.
What does the contract say about this issue?

Thanks for the info...I didn't know that.....And a very good point....As many times as the super effiecent payroll department has tried to screw me on my vacation pay.....This does not suprise me...But hey it is great and we should all feel lucky and blessed to work for such a fine company....