TForce | INDY Contract Terms

hoffa jamed that contract up your *** good luck now your stuck with it

Ah come on and play....We can all be friends later.....You can't tell me something had sex with me and just run away.....That would take all the fun out of my day.....Local 107....That is weird to have that title and be using contracts in that manner....

Unless you go on disability..Did you know under the current plan that a road drivers disabilty pay is based on 40hrs. x your top hourly pay for 4 wks. then 60% for 26wks short or long term. Not your base pay as it was sold to us bye UPSF, If you make $50,000 or $120,000 that is what it pays.
What does the contract say about this issue?

I don't think you will see anything different in the contract when it makes its grand appearance

I was under the impression, but I could have interpreted this incorrectly, the sixth year everybody speaks of is actuallt a retroactive payment of $.50 and next years raise retroactive for a total of $.85, and then 5 years there after the raises will split in six month increments for the life of the contract, that is 5 years.

Am I wrong in saying this?

I think your wrong the 50 cents is paid in 1 lump sum and is retro back to Jan. 1 That might have been the deciding factor

I realize this is not aimed at me, and you are correct, the rumor mill is turning at high speed, 2 men from INDY pm me and told me about the INS. , Did not elaborate much on anything else ,as well as the confirmation from the TDU, but again I feel the same as you and we do not know what this mongrole contract entails yet. Needless to say if indy wanted this there is a reason for it.

After this sunday I hope to see for my own eyes and will be able to pass better judgement then.

There has to be something better then what we are seeing, and if not the time for the truth appears and what shall we do.

There is 3 different options, but we need the feel of the masses. The work rules and the retirement was my 2 biggest issues ,and as you can see ,we still have a retirement, The question is how long will we maintain a company controlled pention? These were my core issues, as I have said before everything else is a benifit.

Well, all I can say is go ahead and listen to the two indy guys and TDU. Oh, And the Anti-union posters also.

You guys want to take but don't want to give up anything. And so far you really haven't given up anything, some of us have already. From the start of intergration we have given up line runs, delay pay, meal pay, layover pay, the privilege to remain at the same terminal. If the rest has to give up a little to benefit the whole, than I'm all for it.

I lost $300 in delay per month alone, I'm ready to start making that back.

Overtime pay

Hey,

Question under your current 42 hours then overtime pay way, do you have to have work 5 days then anything over 42 is overtime.

Or can you work 3 days then have to 2 days off using paytime. Then any days you have over 8 will get you ot.

Or is just then first 42 hours worked know matter how days you have in, then after that is ot. Just curious?:smilie_132:

Oh just a laid off Yellow col's driver.:nutkick: :chairshot:

upsf & teamsters

its a well known fact that the teamsters are in ups's back pocket and have been for years im sorry im not losing money to anybody and from what im hearing this contract stinks we make good money and have good benefits

We already are making good wages. Whats important to me in this whole deal is,,,, Delay Pay, Protection against contractors hauling our freight instead of company drivers, Pension issues. To me, if those are not addressed in our favor, then what is gained by voting YES?

its a well known fact that the teamsters are in ups's back pocket and have been for years im sorry im not losing money to anybody and from what im hearing this contract stinks we make good money and have good benefits

Good benefits? They went up $100 in my case. It's a give and take. If you are a P&D driver or dockworker you don't have to worry about sitting in St Louis for 8 or 9 hours for free. Or giving up an hour for the first hour after your out time and for the second hour getting paid $13.50 per hour. 15 minute Pretrip and 15 minute hook gets paid 18 min or $6.00.

I understand the oldtimers that are ready to punch out, the pension is the big worry. But us that have to do 10 or more so years there is a bigger picture to look at. How about work rules? All I've been hearing here is Pay, Pension, 401k (which is a non issue because those of us paying attention knew that the the match would be gone with a contract) and Medical benefits. All of which are not bad, especially the pay. Do honestly think that Indy Teamsters would vote in a contract that they wouldn't benefit in all areas listed above. 107 to 1 is alot of people voting for something that is "sub par". I give them more credit than that.

What if all these rumors are proven wrong by the contract, I mean paper in front of your face not "I heard" or "I saw it on the TDU site". What if it is better than your hearing? Will you still bad mouth it because it is not the best, and you can't go bragg on the road about it?

And from what your hearing??

I guess all of you just love hearing and believing rumors and hear-say.

Have some faith.

As 25 + YEAR TEAMSTER I WOULD LAUGH AT THIS PHONY CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!! dO YOURSELF A FAVOR KEEP YOUR UNION DUES IN YOUR POCKET.

It's guy's like you that are influencing the weak minded here. All this trash talk and still no contract to be found. Where are the adults.

Good benefits? They went up $100 in my case. It's a give and take. If you are a P&D driver or dockworker you don't have to worry about sitting in St Louis for 8 or 9 hours for free. Or giving up an hour for the first hour after your out time and for the second hour getting paid $13.50 per hour. 15 minute Pretrip and 15 minute hook gets paid 18 min or $6.00.

I understand the oldtimers that are ready to punch out, the pension is the big worry. But us that have to do 10 or more so years there is a bigger picture to look at. How about work rules? All I've been hearing here is Pay, Pension, 401k (which is a non issue because those of us paying attention knew that the the match would be gone with a contract) and Medical benefits. All of which are not bad, especially the pay. Do honestly think that Indy Teamsters would vote in a contract that they wouldn't benefit in all areas listed above. 107 to 1 is alot of people voting for something that is "sub par". I give them more credit than that.

What if all these rumors are proven wrong by the contract, I mean paper in front of your face not "I heard" or "I saw it on the TDU site". What if it is better than your hearing? Will you still bad mouth it because it is not the best, and you can't go bragg on the road about it?

And from what your hearing??

I guess all of you just love hearing and believing rumors and hear-say.

Have some faith.

how is 401k a non issue? I put 20% of my pay away you tell me how much I lose if the match + intrest over 20-30 years goes away? your talking about close to $100,000 If your wating 8-9 hours for a load once ups has to start paying delay pay, that is when the hammer is gonna come down and they will start firing drivers and dispatchers who can't meet standards, so there will be very little delay pay.

The rumors are going on on both sides how many posts have there been telling us to hurry up and sign a card, there are too many people that beleive being a teamster will automatically give us better pay, benefits and work conditions.

to read all these posts people think negotiations go like this the teamsters sit down with ups and tell them we want this, this and that and that is the end of it.

For everything the teamsters ask for ups will ask for somthing back it is a negotiation not a surrender. We haven't heard what Ups has asked for yet.
Things don't automatically get better just becuase there is a contract or we become part of a union.

Why should we not beleive TDU?

how is 401k a non issue? I put 20% of my pay away you tell me how much I lose if the match + intrest over 20-30 years goes away? your talking about close to $100,000 If your wating 8-9 hours for a load once ups has to start paying delay pay, that is when the hammer is gonna come down and they will start firing drivers and dispatchers who can't meet standards, so there will be very little delay pay.

The 401k non-issue is that we knew that when voting in a contract we would lose the match. Everyone is so surprised at that.

When Is UPS going to start paying delay pay?? Never if they feel they have a mandate to do what they want when we stay non- union. I would love to have very little delay, that means more home time for me. They needed to get these dispatchers in line a long time ago. The same dispatchers that watch every penny when It comes to drivers pay but will delay trlr times due to grabazzin' and Internet exploring on the company computers when Management is nowhere to be found.

This will not happen without a contract. They know what they can get away with now, just wait until this is all settled and you remain non-union. We've given this company a chance to police itself, it's apparent now that they need a babysitter.

THATS WHAT U THINK JUNIOR. GO BACK TO WATCHING YOUR CARTOONS, THIS IS MEN TALK HERE, GO WATCH TV

BTW, I would love to keep the 401k match but you can't have everything. I will continue to put money into my 401k until I retire. Like I said, I know going into this that the match will be lost but it's worth the sacrifice to me. JMO

Overnite:
Why should we not beleive TDU?

It's a site full of rumors, they take the first thing they hear and type it up.

Go ahead and believe what's on there, I will wait for a copy of the contract, the only way to be sure.